Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2020, 08:34 AM by ATLjag.)

....I really appreciate last year's Josh Allen pick now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-23-2020, 08:33 AM)ATLjag Wrote: ....I really appreciate last year's Josh Allen pick now.
And this is why you don’t reach for need in round 1.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2020, 08:55 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(04-23-2020, 01:01 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 12:00 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote: https://twitter.com/draftcampbell/status...14240?s=21

If true. Take it and don’t get greedy Not getting anything better.

I'd rather have the Raiders 2021 first rounder. I wanna stockpile picks in 2021.

We need players now and this draft runs pretty deep through pick #20 considering we need players at various positions.  We could actually pick up a DB, WR, and LB or other starter at another position ---- picking up rookies in 2021 may be too late as ticket sales are going to be bleak and London or perhaps even Orlando will be pressing for a permanent team.

(04-22-2020, 11:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 07:25 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I heard an interesting thing where we could package him to move down in the 1st and get another 1st for 2021.... :O

Sounds good. Sign me up!

This is very hypothetical.  I mean, what if KC offered to switch their 1st round pick in 2020 and give us their 2021 pick --- HELL NO !!!

https://twitter.com/e_dilla/status/12533...33440?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-23-2020, 12:00 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote: https://twitter.com/draftcampbell/status...14240?s=21

If true. Take it and don’t get greedy Not getting anything better.

The added fourth-round pick is reportedly what made the Ramsey deal happen. Ask the Raiders for 19 and a fourth-round pick, maybe kick back a sixth or something. Should get it done.

I doubt we see any movement on this until tonight. If the trade happens at the 12th pick, we'll know what they landed on. If it happens at the 19th, we know they landed there. If it doesn't happen, the Raiders had a guy they liked more at both of those picks. Simple as that. For the Jaguars, a trade now just tells other teams which pick they have to jump in front of.

(04-23-2020, 08:33 AM)ATLjag Wrote: ....I really appreciate last year's Josh Allen pick now.

I appreciated it when we drafted him and I really appreciate it now.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2020, 09:51 AM by Kane.)

If the Raiders are offering 19 we should take it and be happy Yan is done.
Why play hardball for 12 at this point? We're not resigning Yan. He doesn't want to play here, would likely sit out 2020 at this point....

Just take the first and be done with the whole ordeal. One step closer to a drama free locker room.
Picks 9, 19, and 20? Yes please. Thats OL, CB, and WR, easily.
Or NT, OL, CB.
Or... maybe make some moves and land a combo of Okudah and Jeudy. Or Wirfs and Kinlaw.

Of course... there might not be a lot to any of these draft day rumors.

(04-23-2020, 01:39 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 01:36 AM)Bullseye Wrote: As I have stated many times, my preference is to keep Yannick and sign him to a long term deal.  I pushed to sign him last spring.  But it appears that isn't going to happen.  Getting into public pissing matches with the owner's son doesn't bode well for the prospects of Yan staying.  Might as well make the best of that bad situation.

I'm thinking caldwell's insistence on the 12th may be an inducement to the Jets to offer their 11th.

I get all that, but Yan really doesn't have any leverage in this situation..

He either signs a deal here...

Plays on the Franchise tag...

Or sits and misses out on a bunch of $$...

But that's not really a winning situation for us either? pay him a lot for 1 year and then he walks anyway or he sits and we get no comp and no pass rusher?
At this point we just gotta cut bait on the guy.

(04-23-2020, 09:49 AM)Kane Wrote: If the Raiders are offering 19 we should take it and be happy Yan is done.
Why play hardball for 12 at this point? We're not resigning Yan. He doesn't want to play here, would likely sit out 2020 at this point....

Just take the first and be done with the whole ordeal. One step closer to a drama free locker room.
Or NT, OL, CB.
Or... maybe make some moves and land a combo of Okudah and Jeudy. Or Wirfs and Kinlaw.

Play a little hardball and see if they give you 12. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

Could you imagine:

9. Thomas
12. Lamb
20. Henderson

(04-23-2020, 09:44 AM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/e_dilla/status/12533...33440?s=21

If we blow this deal, because we want too much, I'm gonna be furious. I'd ask for their 2021 first rounder instead of #19, but if they say no and want to trade this year's pick, (#19), I take that deal in a heartbeat. We only spent a 3rd rounder on the guy and he has publicly gone after the owner of the team on twitter and has no intentions of reporting to this team next season. Take the deal! We get a chance at using that selection to fill a big need and we are finally done with this nightmare.

Family friends with Clelin Ferrell, last years #4 pick by Raiders, my nephews and I went to the same HS. Great kid, just donated $100k to Richmond foundation. He's in RVA taking care of his mom. Yann could help the young DEs. Get a 1st and a 4th and run.

(04-23-2020, 09:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 09:49 AM)Kane Wrote: If the Raiders are offering 19 we should take it and be happy Yan is done.

Or NT, OL, CB.

Play a little hardball and see if they give you 12. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

Could you imagine:

9. Thomas
12. Lamb
20. Henderson

It's being reported 12 is too much of an ask.
Unless we toss in a mid rounder which I'd be fine with since we have 3 4's.
But the more they play hard ball, the longer the clock runs and the harder it is to get the deal done.

They have said a high first all along. That being said I wouldn't let a seven spot difference break that deal. At this point he has to go, he has burned the team ,burned the fans, burned the city.

Only real negative is it is now one more malcontent that the team has allowed to cry their way out of Jax. Who will be next?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2020, 10:01 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

If the board happened to fall where players fell into these positions, I'd take....

9. OT Tristan Wirfs of Iowa or Andrew Thomas of Georgia

19. WR Justin Jefferson LSU

20. CB Jaylon Johnson of Utah

(04-23-2020, 09:58 AM)Jagwired Wrote: They have said a high first all along. That being said I wouldn't let a seven spot difference break that deal. At this point he has to go, he has burned the team ,burned the fans, burned the city.

Only real negative is it is now one more malcontent that the team has allowed to cry their way out of Jax. Who will be next?

Anyone who wants to cry their way out of the city and off the team I say let em go.
We don't want no sissy boys on our team. We don't want people who don't want to build a winner here.

There are only so many NFL jobs to be had so I don't suspect it'll turn into a long term problem. 
Jalen and Yan are really the only ones. I've seen as many cases over the past few years with plenty of diva type players in the league pulling this crap. Let em go and be done with em.
We don't need those types of quitter mentalities in our locker room.

(04-23-2020, 10:01 AM)Kane Wrote: Anyone who wants to cry their way out of the city and off the team I say let em go.
We don't want no sissy boys on our team. We don't want people who don't want to build a winner here.

There are only so many NFL jobs to be had so I don't suspect it'll turn into a long term problem. 
Jalen and Yan are really the only ones. I've seen as many cases over the past few years with plenty of diva type players in the league pulling this crap. Let em go and be done with em.
We don't need those types of quitter mentalities in our locker room.

Completely agree, especially with the emphasized. The spiteful side of me tends to want to punish punk like behavior, even at the cost of the team. Guess it was the way I was raised. I was always punished for acting out like an [BLEEP].
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2020, 10:10 AM by ATLjag.)

Take the 19th pick, if it is the best being offered. I am sure the Raiders would want a quick physical and a signed tag to make this happen before this evening. No time to over-negotiate.

(04-23-2020, 09:53 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 09:44 AM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/e_dilla/status/12533...33440?s=21

If we blow this deal, because we want too much, I'm gonna be furious. I'd ask for their 2021 first rounder instead of #19, but if they say no and want to trade this year's pick, (#19), I take that deal in a heartbeat. We only spent a 3rd rounder on the guy and he has publicly gone after the owner of the team on twitter and has no intentions of reporting to this team next season. Take the deal! We get a chance at using that selection to fill a big need and we are finally done with this nightmare.

Good grief.  We don't even know if there is a 'deal', there is so much conflicting information.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Ngakoue contract demands are what's holding up the deal...he still thinks he is worth top DE money.

As of 10:07 AM, this from PFT...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...s-weekend/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Interesting that Las Vegas is willing to open the books for a guy like Yannick but wouldn't pay Mack who is probably twice as good. Not sure if Mayock was GM back then though.