Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(05-29-2020, 10:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 10:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If he's worth $18 million to the Jaguars, then he is worth a lot less than that to another team, because another team would have the additional cost of trading draft picks for him.

Yes, we were doing him a solid.  But I wonder if the fact that we were unable to get that point across says anything about Coughlin, or Caldwell, or whoever was tasked with getting that point across to him.  Giving a guy a great offer is nice, but failing to get him to see that raises additional questions about the people who are presenting the offer.

Yes, let’s blame the Jaguars organization for Ngakoue’s inability, or unwillingness, to see a good deal for himself. 

This logic completely escapes me.

I don't want to belabor the point; it's just a thought.  And you make a very good point.  

But an analogy would be if you are a car company and you make a great car at a great price and you can't sell it.  Do you blame the consumer?  Or are you simply doing a poor job selling this great product?  Likewise, if we offer him a wonderful deal and he won't take it, I still have to wonder why are we having a hard time getting him to take this great deal.  It's a head-scratcher.  

But you're probably right.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-30-2020, 06:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 10:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Yes, let’s blame the Jaguars organization for Ngakoue’s inability, or unwillingness, to see a good deal for himself. 

This logic completely escapes me.

I don't want to belabor the point; it's just a thought.  And you make a very good point.  

But an analogy would be if you are a car company and you make a great car at a great price and you can't sell it.  Do you blame the consumer?  Or are you simply doing a poor job selling this great product?  Likewise, if we offer him a wonderful deal and he won't take it, I still have to wonder why are we having a hard time getting him to take this great deal.  It's a head-scratcher.  

The initial deal (under Coughlin) was rumored to be decent number but not-so-decent terms.  
So - given we don't know the actual offer - Ngakoue deserves the benefit of the doubt on wanting to continue bargaining at that point. So - yeah - I kind-of do blame the Jags org on that one, HB. 

Now - since Caldwell came out and said "this is priority one in our offseason" it stands to reason that a better offer is on the table.  Why Ngakoue is seemingly dead set against signing that one is indeed a head-scratcher. Can't blame the Jags here and it's anyone's guess how Yannick actually handles this. 
My coffee is kicking in maybe I'll start a poll.
Big Grin

(05-30-2020, 07:50 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 06:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't want to belabor the point; it's just a thought.  And you make a very good point.  

The initial deal (under Coughlin) was rumored to be decent number but not-so-decent terms.  
So - given we don't know the actual offer - Ngakoue deserves the benefit of the doubt on wanting to continue bargaining at that point. So - yeah - I kind-of do blame the Jags org on that one, HB. 

Now - since Caldwell came out and said "this is priority one in our offseason" it stands to reason that a better offer is on the table.  Why Ngakoue is seemingly dead set against signing that one is indeed a head-scratcher. Can't blame the Jags here and it's anyone's guess how Yannick actually handles this. 
My coffee is kicking in maybe I'll start a poll.
Big Grin

What ever the reason for his holdout, it's a good problem to have. I hope he stays healthy, productive and with the Jags.

(05-29-2020, 10:06 AM)Jagwired Wrote: So the Jags were doing him a total solid when they offered him 19 million per and a year early on top of it.

That's what the Jags leaked, that's not what he was actually offered.

(05-30-2020, 11:06 AM)Upper Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 10:06 AM)Jagwired Wrote: So the Jags were doing him a total solid when they offered him 19 million per and a year early on top of it.

Proof?
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I think at this point it’s more about the emotional side of the deal. It’s hard to come to grips with an employer you have been annoyed and fighting with. Hopefully he comes around, because we need him long-term.

(05-30-2020, 11:08 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 11:06 AM)Upper Wrote: That's what the Jags leaked, that's not what he was actually offered.

Proof?

There is no confirmed information on the actual offer. Only rumor.  
It could have been 20 mil per year for 4 years -- it could have been 14 mil per year for 2 years.  We don't know anything beyond unsubstantiated rumor.  As has been made clear in this thread 3 dozen times.

(05-30-2020, 11:15 AM)Newton Wrote: I think at this point it’s more about the emotional side of the deal. It’s hard to come to grips with an employer you have been annoyed and fighting with. Hopefully he comes around, because we need him long-term.

The guy has become a cancer. I wouldn't want him anywhere close to our rookies. We don't need him long term when he is also average at best vs the run.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-30-2020, 11:06 AM)Upper Wrote:

And your source is?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-30-2020, 11:48 AM)Rico Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 11:06 AM)Upper Wrote: That's what the Jags leaked, that's not what he was actually offered.

And your source is?

Lots of pages back Dilla's info on it was posted several times. That's the best we have, and knowing how PR goes probably true.

(05-30-2020, 11:47 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 11:15 AM)Newton Wrote: I think at this point it’s more about the emotional side of the deal. It’s hard to come to grips with an employer you have been annoyed and fighting with. Hopefully he comes around, because we need him long-term.

The guy has become a cancer. I wouldn't want him anywhere close to our rookies. We don't need him long term when he is also average at best vs the run.
Bahahaha cancer? Get a grip.

You’re gonna flip so quickly when he balls out this season. I can’t wait.

(05-30-2020, 11:57 AM)Upper Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 11:48 AM)Rico Wrote: And your source is?

Lots of pages back Dilla's info on it was posted several times. That's the best we have, and knowing how PR goes probably true.

Yeah Dilla, that guy that had nothing on draft day. Real source right there.

(05-30-2020, 11:57 AM)Upper Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 11:48 AM)Rico Wrote: And your source is?

Dilla....lol.  

That's a reliable source.  

The guy gets something right every once in a while and he's suddenly a reliable source?  What a joke.  He's been so off base on most of his recent takes...especially around the draft.  But hey...you believe what you want.

(05-30-2020, 02:00 PM)Rico Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 11:57 AM)Upper Wrote: Lots of pages back Dilla's info on it was posted several times. That's the best we have, and knowing how PR goes probably true.

Dilla....lol.  

The guy gets something right every once in a while and he's suddenly a reliable source?  What a joke.  He's been so off base on most of his recent takes...especially around the draft.  But hey...you believe what you want.

No one is reliable then.

(05-30-2020, 03:16 PM)Upper Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 02:00 PM)Rico Wrote: Dilla....lol.  

No one is reliable then.

Certainly none of these anonymous twits.

(05-30-2020, 11:47 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

Only one he is a cancer to are crybaby fans who don't realize his actions were just a business decision.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2020, 08:48 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(05-30-2020, 06:51 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 11:47 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: The guy has become a cancer. I wouldn't want him anywhere close to our rookies. We don't need him long term when he is also average at best vs the run.

Only one he is a cancer to are crybaby fans who don't realize his actions were just a business decision.

Sure, because calling your owner a clown and going after him on twitter is just what true pros do, right? or it's just business decision. Maybe Dak should take classes from Ngakoue...

Dude is a cancer, period.

(05-30-2020, 08:42 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 06:51 PM)Dimson Wrote: Only one he is a cancer to are crybaby fans who don't realize his actions were just a business decision.

Sure, because calling your owner a clown and going after him on twitter is just what true pros do, right? or it's just business decision. Maybe Dak should take classes from Ngakoue...

Only a cancer if he negatively impacts the locker room.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-30-2020, 11:09 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 08:42 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Sure, because calling your owner a clown and going after him on twitter is just what true pros do, right? or it's just business decision. Maybe Dak should take classes from Ngakoue...

Only a cancer if he negatively impacts the locker room.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Yann is a clown at this point imho, and an idiot for not taking the original deal. He will never recoup what he lost. Never.