Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

Love this idea: https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_...fills-hole

For those that don't have ESPN+: Jacksonville Jaguars trade DE Yannick Ngakoue to Cleveland Browns for TE David Njoku and a 2021 second-round pick

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-25-2020, 10:22 AM)Upper Wrote: Love this idea: https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_...fills-hole

For those that don't have ESPN+: Jacksonville Jaguars trade DE Yannick Ngakoue to Cleveland Browns for TE David Njoku and a 2021 second-round pick

I don't hate it. Instantly makes our TE group above average at least. Njoku, Oliver, Eifert, James O is a very good 4.
Very realistic their 2nd rounder is very high and Njoku won't be up for a new contract for 2 seasons really.

Not sure if Cleveland has the cap to make Yan happy. And they aren't exactly a winning franchise that he yearns to go to.
But to Hell with what he wants...

(06-25-2020, 10:55 AM)Kane Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 10:22 AM)Upper Wrote: Love this idea: https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_...fills-hole

I don't hate it. Instantly makes our TE group above average at least. Njoku, Oliver, Eifert, James O is a very good 4.
Very realistic their 2nd rounder is very high and Njoku won't be up for a new contract for 2 seasons really.

Not sure if Cleveland has the cap to make Yan happy. And they aren't exactly a winning franchise that he yearns to go to.
But to Hell with what he wants...

Can see it happenening. I saw somewhere where they were making a play for Clowney but it fell apart.  Apparently they have over 30 mil in cap room.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I'd take that deal.

Sometimes new scenery is good for a player. I do think this is the case with Njoku. I would do the deal if offered.

Myles Garrett and Yan? Well that instantly becomes a top 2 or 3 pass rushing duo.

(06-25-2020, 01:29 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Myles Garrett and Yan? Well that instantly becomes a top 2 or 3 pass rushing duo.

Assuming Garrett can control his emotions and stay on the field. I have a feeling people will intentionally try to push him now. Dude loses him himself.

At this point, i'd like us to at least get something out of him. I'm not sold he won't pull a Ramsey this year. He hasn't been making the best choices.
In Dougie I Trust!

I know one thing that we're sure of. Yann has been Dead @$$ quiet since he lost the initial trade battle. A trade may or may not come to fruition.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Did he sign the tag at the deadline? Haven't seen any news, guessing no? Seen he is posting back on twitter, so... something in the works?

(06-26-2020, 08:13 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Did he sign the tag at the deadline? Haven't seen any news, guessing no? Seen he is posting back on twitter, so... something in the works?

Just some rando speculating a trade
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I'd rather deal straight up for Jamaal Adams, but that is very unlikely to happen. I do think Njoku could thrive in Gruden's system and the Browns are likely to have a top 10-15 pick in 2021. So, yes, I would do this deal.

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2020, 09:09 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

(06-26-2020, 05:59 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'd rather deal straight up for Jamaal Adams, but that is very unlikely to happen. I do think Njoku could thrive in Gruden's system and the Browns are likely to have a top 10-15 pick in 2021. So, yes, I would do this deal.

Why hasn't Njoku thrived before?

Don't sleep on Cleveland. They're probably second best in that division, unless Rothlisbooger balls out. Their 2nd round pick is probably in the middle. Can we trade with the Rams again? Smile

(06-26-2020, 05:59 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'd rather deal straight up for Jamaal Adams, but that is very unlikely to happen. I do think Njoku could thrive in Gruden's system and the Browns are likely to have a top 10-15 pick in 2021. So, yes, I would do this deal.

How about a team that can give us a 2nd and a youngish starting guard? Or, how about the Eagles dealing their 2nd and the offensive tackle they drafted last year whom they apparently don't like anymore.

Jags need to beef up the line more than the TE group.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(06-26-2020, 09:05 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

Why hasn't Njoku thrived before?

Don't sleep on Cleveland. They're probably second best in that division, unless Rothlisbooger balls out. Their 2nd round pick is probably in the middle. Can we trade with the Rams again? Smile

How about a team that can give us a 2nd and a youngish starting guard? Or, how about the Eagles dealing their 2nd and the offensive tackle they drafted last year whom they apparently don't like anymore.

Jags need to beef up the line more than the TE group.
I can't say that Njoku would succeed in Jacksonville. He showed promise in his 2nd season when catching over 50 balls, but got hurt last season. That would have to be determined by Gruden and Marrone. The Eagles weren't thrilled with Dillard, but it seems early for them to give up on someone they drafted just a year ago at a key position. If they would throw in a 2nd rounder, this would be a very good deal for the Jags even though the Eagles will likely be picking towards the end of round 2. As you said, the offensive line is in need of improvement and Dillard would be a solid addition.

(06-26-2020, 08:13 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Did he sign the tag at the deadline? Haven't seen any news, guessing no? Seen he is posting back on twitter, so... something in the works?

No he hasn't signed yet. Though the July 15 deadline is for getting a franchised player locked up long term.
So nothing has really changed. He either has to sign the franchise tag or he won't be playing anywhere. He'll have to sign to be traded so I imagine if he signs it prior to the season then perhaps that means a trade is in the works.
I suspect he doesn't sign until TC is over.

BREAKING NEWS ON NFL NETWORK!

Yan still hasn't signed his tender.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-01-2020, 01:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: BREAKING NEWS ON NFL NETWORK!

Yan still hasn't signed his tender.

Let it go, Yan. You're clearly only hurting yourself!

So, if he doesn’t sign this year and sits... do we still have the ability to tag two more times since he never signed the first one?

(07-01-2020, 08:24 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: So, if he doesn’t sign this year and sits... do we still have the ability to tag two more times since he never signed the first one?

Yep. Unless he retires or gets traded. But we would still hold his rights.

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2020, 06:58 AM by The Real Marty.)

I keep scanning this thread, thinking that maybe something will finally happen.  

Somebody posted something!  Maybe something happened!  

Nope.  

The pandemic has made the offseason dead zone the deadest dead zone ever.

I was hoping Cleveland would dangle Njoku after signing Hooper to that huge deal but apparently they structured it to where he's making the same amount as Njoku this year.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn