Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would you do this?

https://thejetpress.com/2020/03/30/ny-je...k-ngakoue/

This guy writes about the Jets, and he has detailed 3 different trade scenarios where we trade Ngakoue to the Jets.  One of them I find intriguing, and that is, the second one, which is- 

We give them Ngakoue and our 20th overall pick.

They give us their 11th overall pick plus the 79th overall pick and a 5th rounder next year.  

So, the question is, would you take that deal?   That would give us the 9th pick and the 11th pick, plus the additional 3rd rounder this year and a throw-in next year. You'd have to have a player in mind at the 11th pick, so if you say yes, maybe you could also justify it by saying whom you think you could get at #11.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd do it. Probably not the maximum value one could get, but it puts us in position to get a premium player nonetheless.

Young
Simmons
Okudah
Brown
Kinklaw
Becton
Wirfs
Ruggs
Jeudy
Lamb
Thomas
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(03-31-2020, 11:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://thejetpress.com/2020/03/30/ny-je...k-ngakoue/

This guy writes about the Jets, and he has detailed 3 different trade scenarios where we trade Ngakoue to the Jets.  One of them I find intriguing, and that is, the second one, which is- 

They give us their 11th overall pick plus the 79th overall pick and a 5th rounder next year.  

So, the question is, would you take that deal?   That would give us the 9th pick and the 11th pick, plus the additional 3rd rounder this year and a throw-in next year. You'd have to have a player in mind at the 11th pick, so if you say yes, maybe you could also justify it by saying whom you think you could get at #11.

Absolutely.  You improve your draft position in the first round this year, and you end up adding more picks this year and next.  Ngakoue has made it clear he's ready to move on, and we're not going to give him the $22m he thinks he's worth to keep him around.  The franchise value has moved in the favor of the Jaguars at this point, so if they could pull off that trade with the Jets, I would race to ink that deal with NY.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(03-31-2020, 11:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://thejetpress.com/2020/03/30/ny-je...k-ngakoue/

Edit:

I was about to say no, but I'd consider this.

Pick 79 plus moving up 9 spots in the first is pretty valuable.

(03-31-2020, 12:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Edit:

As much as I love Yan, I would do this in an instant.

This would allow the Jags to scoop Lamb or Jeudy plus BA at (Wirfs, Thomas, Brown or maybe Okudah)

(03-31-2020, 12:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 12:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Edit:

As much as I love Yan, I would do this in an instant.

This would allow the Jags to scoop Lamb or Jeudy plus BA at (Wirfs, Thomas, Brown or maybe Okudah)

Exactly.

He's a guy I've enjoyed watching here, but I honestly don't think he's worth the contract he's looking for.  He's made it clear he's not playing here in Jax, so let's make the best we can of the situation and set ourselves up to land a couple of premium guys this year.  Hopefully Caldwell won't screw up the picks.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I would do it

Can potentially get 2 of Brown/Kinlaw/Becton/Thomas/Henderson/Ruggs/Lamb/Jeudy/Chiasson

I would definitely do this, especially if they cannot deal with teams like the Eagles and Seahawks to get a 3rd 1st round pick. The big advantage of this trade is the Jags should get 2 impact players without a lot of question marks. Once you get down to pick 20, the chances of them disappointing is much greater and they can't afford another 1st round bust.

The way I see the 1st round going, the Jaguars are likely to take Derrick Brown with their first pick. The 2nd pick (11) would be more difficult to make. Personally, I'd go with either Jeudy or Lamb. This would enable Minshew to have more success. Both of these receivers have the necessary traits to become number 1 receivers in the NFL.

With these 2 picks, the Jaguars still have big needs on the offensive line, cornerback and safety. This where they can use some of their extra picks to move back up into the 2nd round. With this trade, they now have two 3rd round picks in addition to three 4th rounders. In round 2, I'd love to see them get one of these players at each position.

Offensive line:  Austin Jackson, Josh Jones, Prince Tega Wanogho or Tyler Biadasz if the tackles are all gone

Cornerback: A.J. Terrell, Jeff Gladney, Bryce Hall, Noah Igbinoghene or Jaylon Johnson

Round 3 would address the need at either safety or edge rusher. Quite possibly, I'd trade up again so both positions could be addressed.  The remainder of the draft would look at positions of lesser need such as 3rd down running back, tight end and linebacker.

We're now starting to hear much more about the Jags taking Love or Herbert in the 1st round. Several mocks have suggested this might happen. To me, this would be a big mistake. Minshew showed more than enough last year to earn the starting position. The Jags need to put as many pieces around him to see if last year was a fluke or not. If he flames out or gets injured, it is highly likely they'll be in position to get Lawrence, Fields or next years Burrows.

To sum up, if this trade did happen the 2020-21 Jags would look something like this:

Q.B. :   Minshew, Dobbs

R.B. :   Fournette, Armstead, Ozibbo and rookie

W.R. :  Chark, Jeudy, Westbrook, Conley, Cole

T.E. :   Eifert, Oliver, O'Shaughnessy and rookie

O.T. : Robinson, Taylor, Wanogho, Richardson (swing player)

O.G.: Norwell, Cann, Richardson, rookie

D.E. : Allen, Smoot, Darrell Taylor (3rd round), McCray

D.T. : Jones, Bryan, Brown, Gunter (swing), Woods

L.B. : Schobert, Jack, Williams, Jacobs, Calitro, rookie

C.B. : Herndon, Johnson, Hayden (nickel), Nickerson, Melvin

S. :     Harrison, Wilson, Chinn (3rd round)

Kickers:  Lambo and Cooke

This trade places the Jaguars in position to be competitive in 2021-22. Minshew must progress and they must hit on their off-season acquisitions.

There’s no way the Jets would do it

But, of course yes.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2020, 03:15 PM by Caldrac.)

I would take that deal and not even blink. You could be in play for a solid OT, WR or DT there depending on what you do with the 9th overall pick. The value is also there with that 79th overall pick.

Deep class at certain positions to be had there. IMHO, the 3rd round this year is going to be that sweet spot where you start to see the better TE's and LB's come off the board.

Would be happy with a Logan Wilson out of Wyoming at LB there and Harrison Bryant out of Florida Atlantic at TE there.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I would keep Yan

I was going to say I'd do the 1st one, but then moving up to 11 and having two 3rds is kinda hard to pass up especially since you could package one of those thirds with a fourth and fifth or 6th and move up into the 2nd and have two 2nds. Yeah I'd do that.

Take it and RUN. Grab the BIGS: D. Brown and Becton/Wirfs/Thomas at Left Tackle. Solidify BOTH lines within 3 picks of each other.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

If there is really no way a deal can be reached long term and at best he can be franchised 2 years and leave - I'd do it. 

If we can reach say, a 5 year deal, I'd keep Yan.

I thought this was a “need advice” thread and there was going to be a pic

Anyway, yeah, I’d take that deal.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2020, 07:23 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

This is a no brainer, i.would donthis even if Yan wasnt asking for a trade. We get Brown or Kinlaw and Thomas, our new LT

(03-31-2020, 03:58 PM)Jags Wrote: I thought this was a “need advice”  thread and there was going to be a pic

Anyway, yeah, I’d take that deal.

…....and the pic could lead to follow up questions about alcohol consumption and proximity to closing time, the responses to which could affect the advice given.....

PS  I'd take the trade deal in a New York minute.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.