Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TheO-LineMatters 7 round mock draft

(04-22-2020, 02:48 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 10:53 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Love the 1st round. I'm not crazy about Gladney due to his size. At 5'10", I don't see him covering all the taller receivers they will inevitably face. Herndon is only slightly taller than him, so any decent q.b. would have a field-day against this secondary. In your mock, I probably would have traded up and taken Diggs. He will definitely have a learning curve, but he is much taller than Gladney. Dantzler is another intriguing guy who has good height. I would have also taken Winfield in the 3rd over the DT from Ohio State.

To be honest, I'm not high on shorter CB's either. 5'10" is my absolute cutoff for the position. With that said, once you get passed Okudah and Jaylon Johnson, I see the best value for CB's in the 3-5 round range, but given that we lack quality starters at the position, I can't see the Jags waiting until round 3 to draft a CB. I'd take Gladney any day over Diggs and Dantzler though. Diggs is probably the most overrated CB in the draft. I saw him get torched on several occasions last season and he looks like he lacks the recovery speed once he gets beat. There is no way I'd draft him with the expectations he'd be my #1 CB. He'd be lucky to win a job as a #2 CB. To me, his absolute ceiling is the equivalent of Dre' Kirkpatrick. Dantzler is another "no go" for me. He looks like he's running in cement shoes, IMO and that was confirmed at the Combine. He ran a God awful, 4.64 and 4.65. That's what an average Safety runs. IMO, he needs to be moved to Safety, because he lacks the functional speed to cover #1 receivers on the outside. This is not a deep CB class unfortunately. There is a huge dropoff from Okudah to the next guy, Jaylon Johnson IMO and then there is another sharp dropoff after that. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of trading up for Okudah. I believe, he's without a doubt, the safest pick in this draft and a guy that will be a future All-Pro. If it's me and Okudah, Brown, Wirfs and Thomas are gone by pick #9, I take the top WR on my board and then I take CB Jaylon Johnson at pick #20, if Kinlaw is gone. If Kinlaw and Johnson are both gone, I trade down into the mid to low 2nd round and hopefully, I pick up a 2021 1st rounder. 

I'm pretty entrenched on Hamilton in the 3rd. He's the only other true NT in this draft other than Brown, who can effectively stop the run as well as collapse the pocket and get to the QB. Every other NT in the draft are pretty much "one trick ponies." They are either run stuffers only or they can collapse the pocket, but aren't very good when it comes to stopping the run.
I'll defer to you regarding Diggs since you've seen enough of him to feel that strongly. However, I'm sticking with my desire to trade up from 20 and take Henderson. Cornerback is too critical a position to leave in the hands of Herndon and a 5'10" rookie. 

My hope for this draft is that the Jaguars acquire 5 players who can start immediately and eventually become a top 10 player at their position. In addition, they will add some other players who will provide depth/special teams help. This may be asking alot of Dave Caldwell since his track record is clearly not very good. However, he has never had this much draft capital to work with. If he can make the most of several trades on draft day, I can envision the Jags adding the players listed below. How would you feel about this group?

1. Trisin Wirfs
2. C.J. Henderson
3. Justin Jefferson (I'm praying they get a 1st rounder for Yannick)
4. Davon Hamilton
5. Edwards-Helaire (replacing Fournette)
6. O.J. Howard (draft day trade for Fournette)
7. Solomon Kindley
8. Evan Weaver
9. Bryce Huff

This could be accomplished if Caldwell makes the most of trades on draft day. The Jags thus add 6 starters (or rotational players) and 3 very good special teams or reserves. Lacking in this plan is an edge rusher to replace Yannick (Huff may actually surprise, however) and a safety to upgrade the roster. This team has too many weaknesses to meet all their needs in 1 off-season, but this can be accomplished during the 2020-21 off-season. The trades of Yannick, Ramsey, Fournette and Foles will enable them to pay at least 1 elite free agent in addition to having 2 high first round draft picks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheO-LineMatters 7 round mock draft - by JNev - 04-21-2020, 04:40 PM
RE: TheO-LineMatters 7 round mock draft - by JNev - 04-21-2020, 09:45 PM
RE: TheO-LineMatters 7 round mock draft - by jaglou53 - 04-22-2020, 11:14 AM