Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
K'Lavon Chaisson - Rd1, Pick 20

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2020, 07:08 AM by The Real Marty.)

(04-26-2020, 06:24 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 05:45 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: The league (teams and fans) quick to talk smack about The Jags but yet, be slobbering over our players. Man, if we can fix this Yan thing and get Fournette to be about that business; the league gonna be on alert.

And don't let some of this fresh young talent pop. Oh boy I hope we have an NFL season

Jags don't have to fix anything. The guy is acting like a [BLEEP] and asking for way more money than he deserves. Who in hell would have traded for him when you can just sign Clowney for less, don't have to give up draft picks and you get a better player than Yawn.

We just have to see, again, how dumb Yawn is. He wants to sit or play for us, his choice.

A reasonable person is willing to change their mind as further evidence comes in.  So, if Yan is a reasonable person, then he will have noticed that all the other teams think his salary demands are too high.  And, as a reasonable person, he would see that the best contract he can get is here in Jacksonville.  

So, reasonable people should sit down and talk.  The Jags should apologize for whatever they (coughcoughlincough) did to offend him, and the two sides should come to a face-saving compromise.  A win-win for all parties.  Everyone is happy, and the team goes forward into broad, sunlit uplands, mountain meadows with wildflowers blooming and children singing. 

It's possible.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-24-2020, 03:25 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: He said Chaisson was unblockable in practice.  

We Talkin' Practice, We Talkin' About Practice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2020, 09:58 AM by fredalwaysajag.)

(04-26-2020, 06:24 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 05:45 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: The league (teams and fans) quick to talk smack about The Jags but yet, be slobbering over our players. Man, if we can fix this Yan thing and get Fournette to be about that business; the league gonna be on alert.

And don't let some of this fresh young talent pop. Oh boy I hope we have an NFL season

Jags don't have to fix anything. The guy is acting like a [BLEEP] and asking for way more money than he deserves. Who in hell would have traded for him when you can just sign Clowney for less, don't have to give up draft picks and you get a better player than Yawn.

We just have to see, again, how dumb Yawn is. He wants to sit or play for us, his choice.

I can't much to this. You're right. Guy is acting like a defiant teenager. And he may have had a chance of being dealt had he not hit up Twitter on some dumb [BLEEP] every day. (Yawn. I like that. Fitting)
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

The more I watch the more I love this pick. He can do it all. Shed blocks, rush the passer, pursuit, zone coverage. He's a really versatile player, other than filling out his frame a bit more to hold up against the run he's going to be a stud. If you watch that tape vs Oklahoma he's absolutely possessed. He was great against Bama as well.

(04-28-2020, 01:52 PM)AlphaJag Wrote: The more I watch the more I love this pick. He can do it all. Shed blocks, rush the passer, pursuit, zone coverage. He's a really versatile player, other than filling out his frame a bit more to hold up against the run he's going to be a stud. If you watch that tape vs Oklahoma he's absolutely possessed. He was great against Bama as well.

If Ngakoue stays and plays hard, him and josh allen.  CJ Henderson is like 90% of Ramsey.  2017 Generational defense all over again.

Some nice highlights vs Oklahoma in the semifinal game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfrhKTfSAOo

(04-28-2020, 03:24 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Some nice highlights vs Oklahoma in the semifinal game.

This is the Oklahoma game I was talking about earlier. Absolute monster.

That Youtube video was great. The motor, the quickness, the leadership, etc. I'm excited to see him and Josh Allen together rushing the QB's.

+1, thats the kind of tape that will sell GMs on you as a prospect

I still can't believe he ran down Ceedee Lamb either on that one particular play. That's next level pursuit, and he almost caused a fumble on top of it.

I obviously didn't watch enough of this guy. Looks like he's gonna be a stud, he's only 20 and was coming off an ACL and really came on towards the end of the season

It would be great if he could develop into a nice compliment with Allen on the other side.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

This is one of my favorite draft picks of our history I absolutely love this kid. Him and josh Allen for the next 10 years has me dreaming of the possibilities. If this guy either came back to school next year or didn’t have the acl injury he woulda been an easy top 10 pick maybe top 5 if he had like 12+ sacks luckily for us they played him all over and didn’t let him tee off on qbs every play which kept his sack numbers down or else we wouldn’t have gotten him.

(04-28-2020, 09:43 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: It would be great if he could develop into a nice compliment with Allen on the other side.

That’s the dream. After being terrorized by Freeney and Mathis for so many years to have two of our own to take over the division.

(04-28-2020, 10:16 PM)AlphaJag Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 09:43 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: It would be great if he could develop into a nice compliment with Allen on the other side.

That’s the dream. After being terrorized by Freeney and Mathis for so many years to have two of our own to take over the division.

The colts played a cover 2 with those monsters pressuring Qb's.  I would like to see the jabs develop into a true cover 2 team.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2020, 03:49 AM by knarnn.)

Glad y’all seem to be coming around as I seemed to be one of his very few fans on this board pre draft.

He’s a great kid with a great work ethic and of course full of football talent. Him and Allen as bookends is going to be reminiscent of Freeney and Mathis. AFC south look out.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

It’s a little easier to pass rush when your team has double digit leads just about every game. Especially the OU game.

However, he’s only 20 with some serious bend around the edge. Hopefully he can develop into a really good pass rusher opposite Allen.

(04-28-2020, 03:24 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Some nice highlights vs Oklahoma in the semifinal game.

Assuming they just sat him in the second half right? Lot's of great flashes for 1 half of playoff football.

(04-28-2020, 03:29 PM)AlphaJag Wrote:

This is the Oklahoma game I was talking about earlier. Absolute monster.

Watching the CFP live he jumped off the screen. Upon rewatch I totally get what Caldwell was thinking in terms of having him above Isaiah Simmonds. Considering he tore his ACL in 2018, IDT that Chaisson is even fully back from that injury which could be terrifying for the teams that play us bc he's still plenty explosive even at 70-90%. He's definitely a little raw but has all the physical tools & leadership qualities you want in a young pass rusher.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

No one is denying he has upside, but I notice that no one posted the Georgia game where Thomas and Wilson just shoved his face into the dirt every play.

We got a nice piece of clay to mold in the coming years, but we shouldn't be expecting much at all next year. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing as we march on our quest for Lawrence or Fields.