Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
K'Lavon Chaisson - Rd1, Pick 20

(04-29-2020, 11:07 AM)Upper Wrote: No one is denying he has upside, but I notice that no one posted the Georgia game where Thomas and Wilson just shoved his face into the dirt every play.

We got a nice piece of clay to mold in the coming years, but we shouldn't be expecting much at all next year. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing as we march on our quest for Lawrence or Fields.

So why haven't you posted it?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-29-2020, 06:06 PM)Predator Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 11:07 AM)Upper Wrote: No one is denying he has upside, but I notice that no one posted the Georgia game where Thomas and Wilson just shoved his face into the dirt every play.

We got a nice piece of clay to mold in the coming years, but we shouldn't be expecting much at all next year. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing as we march on our quest for Lawrence or Fields.

So why haven't you posted it?

He got totally manhandled by Thomas.  I saw it.

[Image: EW0FcP3UYAApYmm?format=jpg&name=900x900]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2020, 08:34 AM by irontrooper83.)

(04-29-2020, 07:55 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 06:06 PM)Predator Wrote: So why haven't you posted it?

Yeah, that wasnt pretty but Thomas (Who would have been my pick had he made it to 9) tends to that. One play against Josh Allen (dont know how that game went but i remembered this clip)

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYGDaily/stat...1854050316

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2020, 08:23 PM by Predator.)

(04-29-2020, 07:55 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 06:06 PM)Predator Wrote: So why haven't you posted it?

That's fine. The point is you shouldn't try to call everyone out for not posting a video when you yourself made no effort to post it.

Don't whine and act condescending. Post the video and quit being a hypocrite.

The thing I'll say about Chaisson is that if he puts it together him and Allen (so long as he keeps growing) will be a deadly [BLEEP] duo. Last year scouts were skeptical as to if Allen could convert speed to power because they rarely saw that on tape. Allen won a lot in college off of one move. He did not have to add anything to the arsenal. He got a wake up call vs Schwartz in week 1 and he did a fantastic job growing throughout last season adding moves to his arsenal. He can be even better IMO. That's what's so exciting. To me of all the rookie pass rushers last year Allen has the highest ceiling. I look at Chaisson the same way. He's going to have to get hit in the face first to realize that his athleticism while great, is not going to make him the best that he can be. The coaching will be very important, but Chaisson is like Allen coming into the league last year, BUT he's even more raw, and even more athletic if that's even possible. The coaching will be the key. Getting these two guys to study, understand how tackles perceive them as mere speed guys that run the edge and so they try to set them up that way. But then adding spin moves back inside to the arsenal and bull rushes when you know a tackle will expose his chest are going to be paramount to their success. You saw Allen actually develop this into his game last year. He answered the question with a positive in terms of if he could turn speed into power. He just has to get more fluid at his craft. If he does, he's going to be absolutely scary as hell IMO.

Now you add Chaisson to that and if he can realize the same thing and develop with Allen, it's going to be pretty and scary.

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2020, 02:03 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(04-30-2020, 01:19 PM)nhiverson Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA-nkVV55Kw

Well, that was very disheartening

Wow. I know I am certainly saying it is a wasted pick after someone posted a 42 second clip showing 5 snaps where Chaisson didn't sack the QB EVERY...SINGLE...TIME.

CURSE YOU CALDWELL!!! CURSE YOU!!!!!

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2020, 10:20 PM by JaG4LyFe.)

(04-30-2020, 04:16 AM)knarnn Wrote: [Image: EW0FcP3UYAApYmm?format=jpg&name=900x900]

I cringed here. Eben Britton esque
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(04-28-2020, 03:24 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Some nice highlights vs Oklahoma in the semifinal game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfrhKTfSAOo

I have seen these clips before, but his hustle stands out to me this time.

He chased Lamb some 20 yards down the field.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Yeah I think he looks like he'll be good. He looks like he has constant effort and can play the run decently, Will he be as good or better at pass rushing then Yannick I don't know about that yet.
No Fun

(05-06-2020, 04:13 PM)NCJag Wrote: Wow.  I know I am certainly saying it is a wasted pick after someone posted a 42 second clip showing 5 snaps where Chaisson didn't sack the QB EVERY...SINGLE...TIME.

Those plays also included 2 incomplete passes, a 1-yard run, a sack, and a 10-yard completion with no yards after catch.

If our team can produce like that with Chaisson on the field getting owned by the other team's LT, I'll take it.

(05-07-2020, 08:30 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 04:13 PM)NCJag Wrote: Wow.  I know I am certainly saying it is a wasted pick after someone posted a 42 second clip showing 5 snaps where Chaisson didn't sack the QB EVERY...SINGLE...TIME.

Those plays also included 2 incomplete passes, a 1-yard run, a sack, and a 10-yard completion with no yards after catch.

If our team can produce like that with Chaisson on the field getting owned by the other team's LT, I'll take it.

If Chaisson had anything to do with those end results, I would credit him for being a catalyst.

If Chaisson demanded double teams on the play so that others were freed up to make the play on the ball/ball carrier, or if he were so disruptive when single blocked he changed the execution of the play, then I get it.  But on most of those plays, he had nothing to do with the end result.

(04-30-2020, 01:19 PM)nhiverson Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA-nkVV55Kw

While Thomas did "win" most of the day...Chaisson still had a strip sack and pressures against Thomas that game.  I can find a 40 sec video of just those few plays and paint a picture that Chaisson dominated Thomas.

(05-06-2020, 01:58 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote: The thing I'll say about Chaisson is that if he puts it together him and Allen (so long as he keeps growing) will be a deadly [BLEEP] duo.   Last year scouts were skeptical as to if Allen could convert speed to power because they rarely saw that on tape.  Allen won a lot in college off of one move.  He did not have to add anything to the arsenal.  He got a wake up call vs Schwartz in week 1 and he did a fantastic job growing throughout last season adding moves to his arsenal.  He can be even better IMO.  That's what's so exciting.  To me of all the rookie pass rushers last year Allen has the highest ceiling.  I look at Chaisson the same way.  He's going to have to get hit in the face first to realize that his athleticism while great, is not going to make him the best that he can be.  The coaching will be very important, but Chaisson is like Allen coming into the league last year, BUT he's even more raw, and even more athletic if that's even possible.  The coaching will be the key.  Getting these two guys to study, understand how tackles perceive them as mere speed guys that run the edge and so they try to set them up that way.  But then adding spin moves back inside to the arsenal and bull rushes when you know a tackle will expose his chest are going to be paramount to their success.  You saw Allen actually develop this into his game last year.  He answered the question with a positive in terms of if he could turn speed into power.  He just has to get more fluid at his craft.  If he does, he's going to be absolutely scary as hell IMO.

Now you add Chaisson to that and if he can realize the same thing and develop with Allen, it's going to be pretty and scary.

I just wish he had Campbell there to mentor him. I'm sure that went a long way with Allen.
In Dougie I Trust!

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 09:57 AM by The Real Marty.)

(05-07-2020, 09:22 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 08:30 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Those plays also included 2 incomplete passes, a 1-yard run, a sack, and a 10-yard completion with no yards after catch.

If Chaisson had anything to do with those end results, I would credit him for being a catalyst.

If Chaisson demanded double teams on the play so that others were freed up to make the play on the ball/ball carrier, or if he were so disruptive when single blocked he changed the execution of the play, then I get it.  But on most of those plays, he had nothing to do with the end result.

It's 5 plays.  Thomas is a really good OT.  This video is indicative of absolutely nothing, except maybe you can say, "Here are 5 plays where Thomas did well against Chaisson."  And you can do that for any OT against any DE in the history of the football.

(05-07-2020, 09:55 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 09:22 AM)Bullseye Wrote: If Chaisson had anything to do with those end results, I would credit him for being a catalyst.

It's 5 plays.  Thomas is a really good OT.  This video is indicative of absolutely nothing, except maybe you can say, "Here are 5 plays where Thomas did well against Chaisson."  And you can do that for any OT against any DE in the history of the football.

Oh..you mean like watching Tony Boselli stonewall Bruce Smith or Jason Taylor?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 01:26 PM by Bullseye.)

(05-07-2020, 09:55 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 09:22 AM)Bullseye Wrote: If Chaisson had anything to do with those end results, I would credit him for being a catalyst.

I get it's only five plays, but since we are commenting on that particular video clip, I chimed in, .  I commented on those five plays.

I also commented on the video clip against Oklahoma both in this thread and in the College football forum.  Not trying to promote some agenda.  I want Chaisson to succeed and he has some tools, but at this point, I have some doubts.

It's what the law calls a "rebuttable presumption."

Now, my presumption is that he will struggle, at least initially.  But I will be more than happy to admit I am wrong when his play proves it.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 01:35 PM by RicoTx.)

(05-07-2020, 09:22 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:

While Thomas did "win" most of the day...Chaisson still had a strip sack and pressures against Thomas that game.  I can find a 40 sec video of just those few plays and paint a picture that Chaisson dominated Thomas.

If one of those plays was the one where Thomas supposedly 'pushed him to the ground'...it sure appeared to me that he had slipped before Thomas ever got his hands on him.  Then again, I'm not sure if that's the play whoever it was, was referring to.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]