Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jake Luton's unlikely journey continues with Jaguars

Jake Luton's unlikely journey continues with Jaguars

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...th-jaguars

Jake Luton spent six years in college and attended three schools. A series of injuries made his trek even tougher. But his dream to play in the NFL was realized Saturday as the Jaguars selected him in t

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's back

'Ship?
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

And his journey continues. Will he compete for the back up spot?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(02-11-2022, 02:00 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: 'Ship?

'Chip*

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2022, 03:46 PM by ATLjag. Edited 3 times in total.)

2 days into 2022's new league year (3/18), CJ Beathard's $2.0 million (salary and bonuses) to be paid become fully guaranteed. It appears Luton is likely competing for the 3rd string/practice squad role for the Jags. It's always good to have someone that can also push the backup. Denny Thompson probably is happy to see Luton back, as he always has good things to say about his potential. Nice thing is the QB room is set for this next season.

Luton isn't a good qb at all.  Minshew is a whole lot better why bring Lunton back instead of Minshew.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(02-11-2022, 06:12 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Luton isn't a good qb at all.  Minshew is a whole lot better why bring Lunton back instead of Minshew.

[Image: 07afc0d8-2048-42a8-b829-fdc83463f9f6_text.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-11-2022, 06:12 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Luton isn't a good qb at all.  Minshew is a whole lot better why bring Lunton back instead of Minshew.

Minshew is with the Eagles and has one year left on his contract.  Luton was a free agent.

Luton is a choker, and then when hes not choking, he sucks!

(02-11-2022, 11:45 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Luton is a choker, and then when hes not choking, he sucks!

Lol, reminds me of a John McKay quote when he coached the Bucs. "We made up for our lack of speed by not tackling."

Let it go Wolfie. Let it go...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Cause minshew got shooed away

(02-12-2022, 01:01 AM)StrayaJag Wrote:

Cause minshew got shooed away

Minshew doesn't want to play second fiddle. He's probably the best backup QB in the league now. He's also better than about 1/4 of the starters.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(02-12-2022, 01:08 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 01:01 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Cause minshew got shooed away

Minshew doesn't want to play second fiddle. He's probably the best backup QB in the league now. He's also better than about 1/4 of the starters.
He could end up being traded yet again during the draft weekend or post draft weekend. Philadelphia could probably flip him for a 3rd RD pick or pick in 2023.

Pittsburgh, Cleveland, the tacks and tinhorns, Arizona, Denver and Carolina are possible landing spots. Then again? He's still a cheaper insurance plan if Hurts struggles.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-11-2022, 11:45 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Luton is a choker, and then when hes not choking, he sucks!

We'll be doomed anyway if our third string qb is taking any meaningful snaps.

(02-12-2022, 05:18 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 01:08 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Minshew doesn't want to play second fiddle. He's probably the best backup QB in the league now. He's also better than about 1/4 of the starters.
He could end up being traded yet again during the draft weekend or post draft weekend. Philadelphia could probably flip him for a 3rd RD pick or pick in 2023.

Pittsburgh, Cleveland, the tacks and tinhorns, Arizona, Denver and Carolina are possible landing spots. Then again? He's still a cheaper insurance plan if Hurts struggles.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’d hang on to him if I were the Eagles. Had a chance to see a few Eagles games and yikes is Hurts overrated and generally terrible when you force him to stay in the pocket. They still need a QB.

Luton had a good start against the Packers, but was unserviceable the rest of the time.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-12-2022, 05:08 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:

We'll be doomed anyway if our third string qb is taking any meaningful snaps.

but...but....mah outrage