Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Schedule Release This Week -- Predict the Following

(05-07-2020, 07:38 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 05:21 PM)JagJohn Wrote: It's a pretty friendly schedule, here's hoping the jags can pull out the win in some of the less daunting games before the bye. If we could go into the bye at 3-3, that could give us some momentum for the tougher stretch.

All a big if though.

IMO, it doesn't look like a full on murderers row that people were predicting it to be. It looks a bit more manageable than that. And I agree that the Jags definitely need to try and get as many wins as they can during the early part of the schedule. Collect whatever wins they can before they get to the bye at the halfway point. They definitely don't need to be going into the bye with a lot of losses, especially with the toughest stretch coming afterwards.

Another view of the schedule with dates and times from the Jags Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1258542455823011841

I disagree.

This would be a tough schedule even if we were a contending team.

The one thing that keeps thif from being a complete murderers row is the winnable games are early on-a young Miami team at home on a short week...Detroit at home.

But I see very few even matchups-much less favorable ones-after the bye.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hearing Schefter if we delay the season by one week the early games would be moved to the end of the season, week one games would go to end of season. so Jags get screwed again would have to play colts back to back lol

[Image: EXc9o9oXYAArJ7o?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(05-07-2020, 08:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 07:38 PM)mal234 Wrote: IMO, it doesn't look like a full on murderers row that people were predicting it to be. It looks a bit more manageable than that. And I agree that the Jags definitely need to try and get as many wins as they can during the early part of the schedule. Collect whatever wins they can before they get to the bye at the halfway point. They definitely don't need to be going into the bye with a lot of losses, especially with the toughest stretch coming afterwards.

Another view of the schedule with dates and times from the Jags Twitter account:

I disagree.

The one thing that keeps thif from being a complete murderers row is the winnable games are early on-a young Miami team at home on a short week...Detroit at home.

Stafford Vs this young secondary? Not sure I like those chances.

Here is a little bit more information about some other teams schedules, that I think is interesting. The New York Jets will actually face the Miami Dolphins in back to back matchups this upcoming season. (Though there is a bye week in between the matchups.)

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1258541186735681537

(05-07-2020, 07:38 PM)mal234 Wrote: IMO, it doesn't look like a full on murderers row that people were predicting it to be. It looks a bit more manageable than that. And I agree that the Jags definitely need to try and get as many wins as they can during the early part of the schedule. Collect whatever wins they can before they get to the bye at the halfway point. They definitely don't need to be going into the bye with a lot of losses, especially with the toughest stretch coming afterwards.

I disagree.

I'm having a hard time disagreeing in principle, but every year 8 of the 32 teams aren't what we thought they'd be one way or the other. 

Bound to be surprises sprinkled amongst our opponents. Some will prove more beatable than they appear at the moment.

(05-07-2020, 08:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 08:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I disagree.

I'm having a hard time disagreeing in principle, but every year 8 of the 32 teams aren't what we thought they'd be one way or the other. 

Bound to be surprises sprinkled amongst our opponents. Some will prove more beatable than they appear at the moment.

The schedule is never as good or as bad as it first appears. Injuries can change things dramatically.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-07-2020, 08:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Stafford Vs this young secondary? Not sure I like those chances.

Me either, but it's the best I got.  What can I tell ya?

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 08:23 PM by nhiverson.)

Wouldn't be suprised we could go 8-8. Think we can beat the Lions, Packers, Dolpins, Chargers, Bengals, Steelers and some division wins. I think the pack were a fluke last year we'll see.. Of course depends on improved D and I think we can score points..
No Fun

Looks like a good schedule for getting into position for drafting Lawrence.

(05-07-2020, 08:20 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 08:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm having a hard time disagreeing in principle, but every year 8 of the 32 teams aren't what we thought they'd be one way or the other. 

The schedule is never as good or as bad as it first appears. Injuries can change things dramatically.

It's why I don't really try to get an angle on strength of sched. until regular season.  It's never what you think it's gonna be and some teams will even change radically mid-season. 

2018 Jags aren't a bad example.

(05-07-2020, 06:05 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I hate playing Indy in Week 17.  It's always meaningless and they let us win to screw our draft position.  Had we lost to them in 2019, we would have picked 6 and got Derrick Brown (DT Auburn -- the next warren sapp).  Then prior to that, we beat them and they ended up with the Number 1 pick -- Andrew Luck !!!   they are smarter than us.

Yeah, but the flip side is they have Rivers, who seems to apply a beat down to us every time we play him.

Agreed with this.

I can see the Bengals and Dolphins being better than people anticipate.  I'm not talking '85 Bears, but the Fish are more talented than they were after their roster purge, they didn't quit on Flores last year.

As for the Bengals, they are breaking in a talented but a rookie QB, so who knows how that will manifest.  But they are in the same system for two years now, and I expect their OL and receiving corps to be better.  Considering we will have the youngest team in the league and are learning new schemes, I don't know how consistent or effective we will be from week to week.

Possible disappointments?  Maybe Chicago, who always seems to have a pedestrian passing game.  Maybe Tennessee takes a step back from having just about everything go right for them last year.

I could see Baltimore taking a step back from 14-2 given the return of Big Ben and an ostensibly improved Browns team and teams having more film on Jackson, but still being a solid playoff team.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 08:41 PM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

There's also the supposedly bad teams that turn good. There always seems to be a season where you lose to team you had penciled in for a win and beat a team you had down as a loss.

Edit, I really didn't read your post correctly; I thought you were just pointing out teams being worse.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 08:55 PM by snowwolf776.)

aa ussal nfl gives the jags the toughest schedule in the nfl.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(05-07-2020, 08:54 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: aa ussal nfl gives the jags the toughest schedule in the nfl.

But they're not going to play anyway.  I thought the season would be cancelled.

Oh, And the schedules are a formula.  There's no giving anyone the toughest schedule.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 09:15 PM by D6.)

I disagree.

One thing in particular that stands out about the Lions-Jaguars game scheduled for October 18 is the Lions have a bye the previous week.  Time will tell if that proves significant in the game.  Yet, there's no question that having the previous week off, before going to Jacksonville in mid October for a 1pm game, is favorable for a road team.....compared to playing the previous week.

Those first two games are going to be a night mare for this run defense lol. Could see 400 yards combined given up in those 2. A fully healthy Colts O line + Mack/Taylor and then King Henry? Oh boy, that 3rd round reach better lace his boots.

(05-07-2020, 08:22 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Wouldn't be suprised we could go 8-8. Think we can beat the Lions, Packers, Dolpins, Chargers, Bengals, Steelers and some division wins. I think the pack were a fluke last year we'll see.. Of course depends on improved D and I think we can score points..

You are definitely an optimist. The schedule is not bad at all, but I can see the Jags winning at home against the Dolphins and Lions early in the season and upsetting the Titans at home later in the season. Add in a road win against the Bengals or the Chargers and that gets them to 4-12. Not sure why, but I believe they also pull off a pretty big upset at home in week 1 vs. the Colts and Rivers. They will be more competitive in the other games than people think, but the final record is 5-11. That will not get them Trevor Lawrence, but Minshew will show enough improvement that will enable him to be the starter again in 2021-22.

I see 4-1 in the first 5