Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Saints cut Warford

Do we have the cap to get him? I’m not sure what kind of salary we are talking about. I assume he won’t come cheap

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

“Saints Offensive Right Guard Larry Warford has injured his left knee in the 3rd Quarter of the Colts-Saints game. Patrick Omameh has replaced Warford in the line-up.

Warford is in the Blue Tent being seen by medical professionals. It appeared that Offensive Lineman Will Clap inadvertently stepped on Warford's leg.

Warford left the tent and rode the cart into the players' locker room.“
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

It will probably take some like like what Peat got from the Saints.

5 year/$57,500,000 contract, including a $13,000,000 signing bonus, $33,850,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $11,500,000.

Jags could afford it barely, but would then have 2 of the most expensive OG's in the league.

He was cut for a reason, especially this time of the year. Why should we go after him?

NH3...
"AZANE"

(05-09-2020, 07:29 AM)NH3 Wrote: He was cut for a reason, especially this time of the year. Why should we go after him?

NH3...

He was cut because they can’t pay him. 
We should go after him because he’s light years better than AJ Cann. 
You know, the guy that gave up the sack that broke Foles’ collarbone 11 plays into the 2019 season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...cap-relief

We need him, cmon FO

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2020, 01:32 PM by rpr52121.)

(05-09-2020, 07:29 AM)NH3 Wrote: He was cut for a reason, especially this time of the year. Why should we go after him?

NH3...

Yeah, cutting him created the most room in the their cap and allows them to sign their rookies.

On top of that, the Saints Cap situation for 2021 is quite literally dire. Unless Brees actually retires next off season, I have no idea what they would do going into 2022.

It's all about the Benjamins baby.

(05-08-2020, 10:48 PM)13Coronas Wrote: “Saints Offensive Right Guard Larry Warford has injured his left knee in the 3rd Quarter of the Colts-Saints game.  Patrick Omameh has replaced Warford in the line-up.

Warford is in the Blue Tent being seen by medical professionals.  It appeared that Offensive Lineman Will Clap inadvertently stepped on Warford's leg.

Warford left the tent and rode the cart into the players' locker room.“

He played the games after that injury.

(05-09-2020, 12:37 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: It will probably take some like like what Peat got from the Saints.

5 year/$57,500,000 contract, including a $13,000,000 signing bonus, $33,850,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $11,500,000.

Jags could afford it barely, but would then have 2 of the most expensive OG's in the league.

highly highly doubtful he gets near 33 million guaranteed

(05-09-2020, 08:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

NH3...

He was cut because they can’t pay him. 
You know, the guy that gave up the sack that broke Foles’ collarbone 11 plays into the 2019 season.

Understanding the Cap situation, but if the Saints released him due to Cap Casualty why would we put ourselves within the same scenario. We cannot afford to pay him either.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(05-10-2020, 06:19 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(05-09-2020, 08:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: He was cut because they can’t pay him. 

Understanding the Cap situation, but if the Saints released him due to Cap Casualty why would we put ourselves within the same scenario. We cannot afford to pay him either.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

The Jags have 21M in cap space and A LOT of cap space next year. They could easily afford to sign him.

(05-10-2020, 06:19 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(05-09-2020, 08:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: He was cut because they can’t pay him. 

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

We are not in the saints cap situation, and we did not just draft an offensive guard at pick #24 overall like the saints did. 
We have a greater need at the position than they do, and we have the money to address it. 
It's a no brainer in my book.

Warford may be the missing piece to having our best offensive line of the last 12 years or so.

(05-10-2020, 10:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 06:19 AM)NH3 Wrote: Understanding the Cap situation, but if the Saints released him due to Cap Casualty why would we put ourselves within the same scenario. We cannot afford to pay him either.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

We are not in the saints cap situation, and we did not just draft an offensive guard at pick #24 overall like the saints did. 
We have a greater need at the position than they do, and we have the money to address it. 

Makes you wonder if Dave Caldwell saw this coming before the draft.

(05-10-2020, 11:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 10:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: We are not in the saints cap situation, and we did not just draft an offensive guard at pick #24 overall like the saints did. 

Makes you wonder if Dave Caldwell saw this coming before the draft.

If he lands Warford I’ll have much more faith in this front office’s sense of urgency. 
And if he was smart enough to see this coming, he’s smarter than I thought. 
Fingers crossed.

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2020, 08:15 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I'd cut Cann and Abry Jones to add Warford. We wont need Can after signing Warford and Jones should be 3rd on the depth chart at NT, that's saving about 6.5 mil with those 2 cuts

Adding Warford could make this offseason go from a B to an A

(05-11-2020, 08:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd cut Cann and Abry Jones to add Warford.  We wont need Can after signing Warford and Jones should be 3rd on the depth chart at NT, that's saving about 6.5 mil with those 2 cuts

They could sign Warford without having to cut either of those guys, but I think letting Abry walk would be a safe move after the acquisitions made at IDL.  He was part of the problem slowing the run between the tackles last season.

Hey Warford. Wanna go from a perennial power house to the bottom of the barrel?! Well come to Jacksonville!

(05-11-2020, 08:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd cut Cann and Abry Jones to add Warford.  We wont need Can after signing Warford and Jones should be 3rd on the depth chart at NT, that's saving about 6.5 mil with those 2 cuts

He's still young enough that he would pay dividends once the Jags get competitive in a couple of seasons.

I don't see the team tying up so much capital and/or cap into OGs, especially if Gruden's plan is to begin opening up the offense. The team will need to address the LT position, also, at the end of this season. You can't pay everyone at every position. Unfortunately, OG, at least one of them is often a position to be more cap friendly (ie. cheap) to afford paying higher at the other spots.

In my best Jenny voice, "Run, Gardner, Run!