Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Twitter "Fact" Checkers

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2020, 10:04 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(05-27-2020, 09:35 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 09:30 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: A single guy who controls the content 350M+ worldwide users see is the master of something.

And yet, he runs a company well within its rights in our capitalist society to do as they choose. I would've thought you'd be behind such a right. Do you support the christian bakers who didn't want to bake a wedding cake for a homosexual couple?

As far as your gay cakes. When biker cake shops get billion of dollars worth of immunity from our government, we can have that conversation.

""Here is the bottom line on this: 'Big Tech' gets a huge handout from the federal government. They get this special immunity, this special immunity from suits and from liability that's worth billions of dollars to them every year," he told the "Friends" hosts. "Why are they getting subsidized by federal taxpayers to censor conservatives, to censor people critical of China?""

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Typical, I knew you would stick up for big cake

(05-27-2020, 12:01 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Typical, I knew you would stick up for big  little cake

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

• Person of influence posts blatant misinformation and outright lies repeatedly
  • Social media platform adds a fact check link to some of those posts but does not remove them
I don't see a problem (other than twitter allowing that clown to continue posting anything at all.)

(05-27-2020, 12:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
  • Social media platform adds a fact check link to some of those posts but does not remove them
I don't see a problem (other than twitter allowing that clown to continue posting anything at all.)

Lies? So you don't think vote by mail opens itself up to fraud?

(05-27-2020, 01:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

I know fraud happens. My vote by mail in 2016 was not counted due to someone who used my voter registration info at a polling place. 

The misinformation here is that there is some great threat that differs from our current reality. 
26% of the people in 20 states already vote by mail as does all of our military personnel abroad. 
If this is some ghastly back door to wide spread fraud, then this should be a radically different conversation than the “new fraud-fear” narrative being spread. 

Three more states allowing what 20 others already have allowed for multiple elections doesn’t seem like a big deal to me.

(05-27-2020, 01:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Do a little research. In states where it's used, very little fraud has been found and more people voted. Heck, Republicans in states like Florida and Arizona have pushed for mail-in voting for years, until their hero got worried about losing in November. And that's the big fear, isn't it? Your Orange Emperor said it best, the more people who vote the less chance Republicans will win elections.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(05-27-2020, 02:26 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 01:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Lies? So you don't think vote by mail opens itself up to fraud?

Do a little research. In states where it's used, very little fraud has been found and more people voted. Heck, Republicans in states like Florida and Arizona have pushed for mail-in voting for years, until their hero got worried about losing in November. And that's the big fear, isn't it? Your Orange Emperor said it best, the more people who vote the less chance Republicans will win elections.

The big fear is election fraud. 

Every single vote should require a SSN associated with it. Easy fix.

I am by no means a fan of censorship.  What twitter, Facebook, Youtube etc. decide to do is their right since they are "private" companies.  While I don't agree with their censorship choices I am certainly against any government regulation.  People have the choice to use or not use those services just like they have the right to choose their news source(s).  Look up "The Fairness Doctrine" then get back to me when it comes to demanding regulation of social media.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(05-27-2020, 04:39 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I am by no means a fan of censorship.  What twitter, Facebook, Youtube etc. decide to do is their right since they are "private" companies.  While I don't agree with their censorship choices I am certainly against any government regulation.  People have the choice to use or not use those services just like they have the right to choose their news source(s).  Look up "The Fairness Doctrine" then get back to me when it comes to demanding regulation of social media.

Precisely; 100% agreed.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

Trump signing an executive order regarding social media? Hahaha what a baby.

(05-27-2020, 07:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Trump signing an executive order regarding social media? Hahaha what a baby.

Good. Gut the bastards. Of ALL the garbage on Twitter  they "fact checked" a vote by mail fraud suggestion with CNN?

(05-27-2020, 08:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 07:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Trump signing an executive order regarding social media? Hahaha what a baby.

Good. Gut the bastards. Of ALL the garbage on Twitter  they "fact checked" a vote by mail fraud suggestion with CNN?

You haven't even seen the order yet!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Your tone has changed fairly quickly huh? No one is forcing you or your man crush to use Twitter or any social media platform.

If only his response to covid19 was as serious as his contempt for being fact-checked once by Twitter.

(05-27-2020, 08:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 08:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Good. Gut the bastards. Of ALL the garbage on Twitter  they "fact checked" a vote by mail fraud suggestion with CNN?
Your tone has changed fairly quickly huh? No one is forcing you or your man crush to use Twitter or any social media platform.

I am allowed to be upset about where my tax dollar is going. That is my right as an America. 

Even Zuck thinks this is wrong.

""Here is the bottom line on this: 'Big Tech' gets a huge handout from the federal government. They get this special immunity, this special immunity from suits and from liability that's worth billions of dollars to them every year," he told the "Friends" hosts. "Why are they getting subsidized by federal taxpayers to censor conservatives, to censor people critical of China?""

(05-27-2020, 04:39 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I am by no means a fan of censorship.  What twitter, Facebook, Youtube etc. decide to do is their right since they are "private" companies.  While I don't agree with their censorship choices I am certainly against any government regulation.  People have the choice to use or not use those services just like they have the right to choose their news source(s).  Look up "The Fairness Doctrine" then get back to me when it comes to demanding regulation of social media.

I do wonder how much the threat of lawsuit affects their decisions.
Remember what Milton Friedman taught us. Businesses self-regulate away from causing harm when they know that the tort system is open and accessible. 
So, is this a case, where regulations are absent, and Milton Freidman is being proved correct?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-27-2020, 08:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 08:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Your tone has changed fairly quickly huh? No one is forcing you or your man crush to use Twitter or any social media platform.

I am allowed to be upset about where my tax dollar is going. That is my right as an America. 

So why aren’t you upset with how much money Trump has spent golfing?

(05-27-2020, 08:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 08:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I am allowed to be upset about where my tax dollar is going. That is my right as an America. 

So why aren’t you upset with how much money Trump has spent golfing?
Especially when he said he'd be...checks notes...too busy to golf, especially as much as Obama did

Jesus, the tired golf thing?

Just remember. Donald Trump is president because of Barack Obama. That is an indisputable fact that keeps you up at night.