Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Twitter "Fact" Checkers

(05-29-2020, 10:32 AM)Last42min Wrote: This is where we disagree. I don't think he does it to please his far right base. I think he just believes that. Trump is a boomer and has boomer values. He thinks you should stand for the anthem, show respect for America, and show respect for its institutions. Leftists want to juxtapose the two protests, but they aren't remotely the same. The minute anyone starts burning buildings and looting, it's no longer a protest. I personally don't believe Trump would make a big deal of the protests if they were non-violent. I do agree that his tweet was inconsiderate and dangerous.

We can definitely agree there, especially considering the immediate reactions to both protests by LEOs.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-29-2020, 10:36 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 09:30 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
You are either knowingly lying or you haven't read the executive order. It does not change any law. It ask the FTC to clarify the regulation as to whether or not forums that act with a political bias (such as Twitter in this case) are covered by the law.

Full Text

It asks the FTC to clarify something, yes, but the thing is really clear.
Twitter can't be held liable for
"Any action voluntarily taken in good faith to restrict access to or availability of material that the provider [Twitter] or user considers to be obscene... or otherwise objectionable..."

It's super broad.  You can't make it less broad. Anything can be "otherwise objectionable." And it would be really hard to cross the line into bad faith.  Twitter sincerely believes that their "corrections" to Trump's tweets are true.  Their T.O.S. has always said they might delete or alter tweets.  They are always giving a reason for each ruling they make.  That's good faith.  Sincerity of purpose.  Just because you feel oppressed doesn't mean the opponent is acting in bad faith.

(05-29-2020, 10:25 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I must've missed the part where the Michigan protesters started burning down the cities.

Disrupting a legislature is much worse than burning down a convenience store.
Study your revolutions. Study our Declaration of Independence.

Awwww , wuz da poor politicians scared to come to work and face the people they were misrepresenting? Your statement is idiocy at it's finest. "Distrupting a legislature", man get the [BLEEP] outta here with that bull [BLEEP].

And yes Gabe, death for rioting, not protesting because that's not what they are doing at all, should absolutely be fine and dandy.

(05-29-2020, 10:45 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 10:32 AM)Last42min Wrote: This is where we disagree. I don't think he does it to please his far right base. I think he just believes that. Trump is a boomer and has boomer values. He thinks you should stand for the anthem, show respect for America, and show respect for its institutions. Leftists want to juxtapose the two protests, but they aren't remotely the same. The minute anyone starts burning buildings and looting, it's no longer a protest. I personally don't believe Trump would make a big deal of the protests if they were non-violent. I do agree that his tweet was inconsiderate and dangerous.

We can definitely agree there, especially considering the immediate reactions to both protests by LEOs.

Lol, the protest had zero violence, the riots are burning down cities. That you attempt to equate the two is absurd.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-29-2020, 10:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 10:36 AM)mikesez Wrote: It asks the FTC to clarify something, yes, but the thing is really clear.
"Any action voluntarily taken in good faith to restrict access to or availability of material that the provider [Twitter] or user considers to be obscene... or otherwise objectionable..."

It's super broad.  You can't make it less broad. Anything can be "otherwise objectionable." And it would be really hard to cross the line into bad faith.  Twitter sincerely believes that their "corrections" to Trump's tweets are true.  Their T.O.S. has always said they might delete or alter tweets.  They are always giving a reason for each ruling they make.  That's good faith.  Sincerity of purpose.  Just because you feel oppressed doesn't mean the opponent is acting in bad faith.

Awwww , wuz da poor politicians scared to come to work and face the people they were misrepresenting? Your statement is idiocy at it's finest. "Distrupting a legislature", man get the [BLEEP] outta here with that bull [BLEEP].

And yes Gabe, death for rioting, not protesting because that's not what they are doing at all, should absolutely be fine and dandy.

This is where you & I will part ways, FSG.

(05-29-2020, 10:47 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 10:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Awwww , wuz da poor politicians scared to come to work and face the people they were misrepresenting? Your statement is idiocy at it's finest. "Distrupting a legislature", man get the [BLEEP] outta here with that bull [BLEEP].

This is where you & I will part ways, FSG.

You ever been in riot Gabe? I have, and it's fine with me if the cops use any violence necessary to put it down.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-29-2020, 10:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 10:36 AM)mikesez Wrote: It asks the FTC to clarify something, yes, but the thing is really clear.

(05-29-2020, 10:45 AM)Gabe Wrote: We can definitely agree there, especially considering the immediate reactions to both protests by LEOs.

Lol, the protest had zero violence, the riots are burning down cities. That you attempt to equate the two is absurd.

Re-read what I wrote. Initial LEO response to both protests. I don't disagree that things escalated in Minneapolis. I'm comparing the initial responses.

(05-29-2020, 10:35 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 10:32 AM)Jagwired Wrote: I see nothing wrong with the issuing of a statement evoking the possible use of military intervention to quell the illegal activity that is occurring. Just as there was zero justification for the murder of Floyd there is also zero justification for the wanton destruction and theft of private and public property. Neither occurrence can be tolerated in a supposed civil society and require swift justice.

Should the riots just be allowed to continue until such time that some fire fighters are killed in a blaze? A business owner is killed while trying to protect his life's work? I think not.

Death for lootin'? Sure thing.
Yeah, because that's what I said?  Laughing

Yo Gabe , where do you live? I mean I was thinking of buying some new stuff but apparently I could just come to your place and break in, steal what I want, then burn your place down and you wouldn't do a damn thing about it? Seems all I would have to do is justify it by being angry about a unjust murder.

Deployment of a military force would more than likely stop the rioting without a shot being fired. Our military is also equipped for disbursement /detainment of violent crowds via non lethal tactics.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(05-29-2020, 10:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 10:47 AM)Gabe Wrote: This is where you & I will part ways, FSG.

You ever been in riot Gabe? I have, and it's fine with me if the cops use any violence necessary to put it down.

Rubber bullets and tear gas exist for a reason.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-29-2020, 10:58 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 10:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You ever been in riot Gabe? I have, and it's fine with me if the cops use any violence necessary to put it down.

Rubber bullets and tear gas exist for a reason.

This is likely what Trump will fall back on - "I never said shooting to kill"

(05-29-2020, 10:56 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 10:35 AM)Gabe Wrote: Death for lootin'? Sure thing.
Yeah, because that's what I said?  Laughing

Yo Gabe , where do you live? I mean I was thinking of buying some new stuff but apparently I could just come to your place and break in, steal what I want, then burn your place down and you wouldn't do a damn thing about it? Seems all I would have to do is justify it by being angry about a unjust murder.

Deployment of a military force would more than likely stop the rioting without a shot being fired. Our military is also equipped for disbursement /detainment of violent crowds via non lethal tactics.

I firmly believe that looting/theft doesn't deserve death. I agree with your last two sentences.

(05-29-2020, 11:06 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 10:56 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Yeah, because that's what I said?  Laughing

I firmly believe that looting/theft doesn't deserve death. I agree with your last two sentences.

Rioting is not looting.

I don’t see how the government has the legal authority to dictate how twitter manages or handles the content posted on their private website. That’s a concerning precedent to set .....
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2020, 11:45 AM by Gabe.)

(05-29-2020, 11:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 11:06 AM)Gabe Wrote: I firmly believe that looting/theft doesn't deserve death. I agree with your last two sentences.

Rioting is not looting.

Agreed. Hence my frustration with the rhetoric used.

Also, I don't condone either.

"When the looting starts, the shooting starts" is not a new phrase, it's origins go back to civil rights demonstrations in Miami in the 60s. It was a preemptive warning which was blamed for inciting, instead of preventing, protests.

It's completely inappropriate content for a Tweet from our president, but we're used to that.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(05-29-2020, 11:35 AM)EricC85 Wrote: I don’t see how the government has the legal authority to dictate how twitter manages or handles the content posted on their private website. That’s a concerning precedent to set .....

Except that's not what the executive order does.  In very basic terms (as I understand it) platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, etc. can not be held liable for content posted on their site(s).  However, once content is edited or altered they are no longer a platform for the content, they effectively are editors.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

That executive order won’t do anything except tie up congress bickering about section 230 protections for tech companies.

You honestly don’t think he does it to appease his far right base?!

He literally ran his entire campaign like that man. And I don’t remember Trump being this “AMERICAN” before he ran for president.

I think it's about time to start rounding up these protesters rioters and put a stop to their violent destruction by any means necessary.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2020, 12:40 PM by TJBender.)

(05-29-2020, 12:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I think it's about time to start rounding up these protesters rioters and put a stop to their violent destruction by any means necessary.

I think it's time we round up these police and put a stop to their covering up crimes by their buddies, shows of favoritism based upon skin color, and excessive use of force against people of any color, by any means necessary.

I bet your inner cop is going to turn red as you read that. Before you reply or whatever, read what you wrote and apply the same logic to it. "Rounding up" theses rioters, almost all of whom happen to be people of color, and stopping them, "by any means necessary"? Governor Wallace would've loved that.

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2020, 12:42 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(05-29-2020, 12:36 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 12:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I think it's about time to start rounding up these protesters rioters and put a stop to their violent destruction by any means necessary.

I think it's time we round up these police and put a stop to their covering up crimes by their buddies, shows of favoritism based upon skin color, and excessive use of force against people of any color, by any means necessary.

I bet your inner mall cop is going to turn red as you read that. Before you reply or whatever, read what you wrote and apply the same logic to it. "Rounding up" theses rioters, almost all of whom happen to be people of color, and stopping them, "by any means necessary"? Governor Wallace would've loved that.

Lets get rid of all police. That is a rational solution. Let's make the career path so filthy that no children want to be cops anymore, then our society can look like Minneapolis on a regular basis.

TJ for President!

As far as looters. Catch the ones you can on camera and prosecute every single one of them to the fullest extent of the law.

(05-29-2020, 12:36 PM)TJBender Wrote:

I bet your inner cop is going to turn red as you read that. Before you reply or whatever, read what you wrote and apply the same logic to it. "Rounding up" theses rioters, almost all of whom happen to be people of color, and stopping them, "by any means necessary"? Governor Wallace would've loved that.

Go ahead and start rounding them up.

[Image: 57a9a08867485e608252776742b5ba2d0583034f...e024d5.jpg]