Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Twitter "Fact" Checkers

(05-29-2020, 12:36 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 12:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I think it's about time to start rounding up these protesters rioters and put a stop to their violent destruction by any means necessary.

I think it's time we round up these police and put a stop to their covering up crimes by their buddies, shows of favoritism based upon skin color, and excessive use of force against people of any color, by any means necessary.

I bet your inner cop is going to turn red as you read that. Before you reply or whatever, read what you wrote and apply the same logic to it. "Rounding up" theses rioters, almost all of whom happen to be people of color, and stopping them, "by any means necessary"? Governor Wallace would've loved that.

Removing and prosecuting bad cops should be done, but you have to give justice time. The rioters, who a lot of them are not people of color as they are left wing agitators looking to inflame the situation, need to be stopped. I'm also fine letting them burn their area down if they want, but I'd remove the cops (since they are all the problem) and tell them to manage on their own. If cops are racist, government, etc then you can have your own part of the city and manage yourself. That would be segregation though, so we can't have that. How do you address the situation when every argument is all cops are racist, white people are racist, I can't succeed in life because of racism?

If the blame is always put on others, you will never address the problems with yourself. There are bad people on both sides, unfortunately 1 group of people continues to be brainwashed by the democrats. They weren't happy they left the plantation, so they found other ways to give them the perception of freedom while keeping them reliant.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-29-2020, 12:58 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 12:36 PM)TJBender Wrote: I think it's time we round up these police and put a stop to their covering up crimes by their buddies, shows of favoritism based upon skin color, and excessive use of force against people of any color, by any means necessary.

I bet your inner cop is going to turn red as you read that. Before you reply or whatever, read what you wrote and apply the same logic to it. "Rounding up" theses rioters, almost all of whom happen to be people of color, and stopping them, "by any means necessary"? Governor Wallace would've loved that.

Removing and prosecuting bad cops should be done, but you have to give justice time. The rioters, who a lot of them are not people of color as they are left wing agitators looking to inflame the situation, need to be stopped. I'm also fine letting them burn their area down if they want, but I'd remove the cops (since they are all the problem) and tell them to manage on their own. If cops are racist, government, etc then you can have your own part of the city and manage yourself. That would be segregation though, so we can't have that. How do you address the situation when every argument is all cops are racist, white people are racist, I can't succeed in life because of racism?

If the blame is always put on others, you will never address the problems with yourself. There are bad people on both sides, unfortunately 1 group of people continues to be brainwashed by the democrats. They weren't happy they left the plantation, so they found other ways to give them the perception of freedom while keeping them reliant.

I can snuggle safely under all those blanket statements.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(05-29-2020, 09:30 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 12:14 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: What's been removed? Did congress repeal some law I'm not aware of? This is Trump acting as if he is all three branches of government. That’s not big government? So called conervatives are suddenly all for end-arounds congress?

And did I dream up the imperiled voices of Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh wailing through the speakers of an AM radio about libs imposing the fairness doctrine? Flash forward to now, and isn't Trump making the same exact argument the liberals were making then? That these media outlets were too one-sided and misinformation was effecting elections? That things needed to be more balanced? It's wildly comical.

You are either knowingly lying or you haven't read the executive order. It does not change any law. It ask the FTC to clarify the regulation as to whether or not forums that act with a political bias (such as Twitter in this case) are covered by the law.

Full Text

It seems you misread my post. That it doesn't change any law was my point. In other words, it does nothing to degrow government. But nevermind any of that. Let's try a different direction. Which one of the following statements is more true?

A) Donald Trump signed this executive order because he truly believes that these government protections are a bane to private enterprise, and he felt this EO would help private enterprise operate more freely, with less governmental interference. 

B) Donald Trump signed this executive order in a fit of vindictiveness, in an attempt to force the will of government on a private enterprise.

Police violence against blacks, pandemic that's killed 100.000 Americans so far, Private company fact checking an absurd statement.

Guess which one President Snowflake signed an executive order for?

(05-29-2020, 04:39 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Police violence against blacks, pandemic that's killed 100.000 Americans so far, Private company fact checking an absurd statement.

Executive order banning travel? That one?

Do you want him to sign an executive order against violence against blacks?

(05-29-2020, 04:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 04:39 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Police violence against blacks, pandemic that's killed 100.000 Americans so far, Private company fact checking an absurd statement.

Executive order banning travel? That one?

Did you miss this one?

Or are you willfully ignorant?

(05-29-2020, 01:41 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 12:58 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Removing and prosecuting bad cops should be done, but you have to give justice time. The rioters, who a lot of them are not people of color as they are left wing agitators looking to inflame the situation, need to be stopped. I'm also fine letting them burn their area down if they want, but I'd remove the cops (since they are all the problem) and tell them to manage on their own. If cops are racist, government, etc then you can have your own part of the city and manage yourself. That would be segregation though, so we can't have that. How do you address the situation when every argument is all cops are racist, white people are racist, I can't succeed in life because of racism?

I can snuggle safely under all those blanket statements.

That's the point though. Liberals use blank statements to push feelings for things they don't agree with. When you control a group's feelings, you can control them very easily. When you only protest and riot when a white person kills a black person, it is racist. It's one thing to protest over bad cops, criminals in your neighborhood,  etc but stop making up reasons to protest when race doesn't matter. Unfortunately they have allowed the liberals to ingrain their inferiority into their minds and destroy the family structure, values, and drove them to the prison system by eliminating economic opportunities, pushing illegal drug activity, and then cracking down hard on the people they pushed into drugs.

How do you you change feelings when it has been ingrained that white people, specifically cops, are racist? You can't because it will never be enough. So there is no way to fix the issues unless you can remove all the bad cops now. Since you cannot find all the bad cops until they do something bad, there is no way to solve the feelings issue unless you say fine, we will remove all the white cops since they are racist.

Damn! All this time Trump could have just signed an executive order banning people from dying from SARS-CoV-2. How foolish of him to neglect doing that!

And I'm sure police violence against blacks (and why not against others since twice as many whites are killed by police) would have been stopped in it's tracks had Trump just made an executive order banning it.

Those executive orders must be powered by unicorn farts to have such magic.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(05-29-2020, 05:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Damn! All this time Trump could have just signed an executive order banning people from dying from SARS-CoV-2. How foolish of him to neglect doing that!

And I'm sure police violence against blacks (and why not against others since twice as many whites are killed by police) would have been stopped in it's tracks had Trump just made an executive order banning it.

Trump spent an entire month doing [BLEEP] all as the pandemic was bearing down on the US. Twitter pushes back on just one of his idiotic claims and he has a response ready within hours. The man is a pathetic little man so easily triggered it's not even an accomplishment to do so. He cares only about his own ego.

(05-29-2020, 04:54 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 04:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Executive order banning travel? That one?

Did you miss this one?

Or are you willfully ignorant?

The question stands, is he supposed to sign an EO against violence against minorities?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-29-2020, 05:28 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 05:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Damn! All this time Trump could have just signed an executive order banning people from dying from SARS-CoV-2. How foolish of him to neglect doing that!

Trump spent an entire month doing [BLEEP] all as the pandemic was bearing down on the US. Twitter pushes back on just one of his idiotic claims and he has a response ready within hours. The man is a pathetic little man so easily triggered it's not even an accomplishment to do so. He cares only about his own ego.

Do you even live here?

You have a lot of anger in your heart.

(05-29-2020, 05:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 05:28 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Trump spent an entire month doing [BLEEP] all as the pandemic was bearing down on the US. Twitter pushes back on just one of his idiotic claims and he has a response ready within hours. The man is a pathetic little man so easily triggered it's not even an accomplishment to do so. He cares only about his own ego.

Do you even live here?

Hey Kettle! I'm Pot!
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(05-29-2020, 05:28 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 05:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Damn! All this time Trump could have just signed an executive order banning people from dying from SARS-CoV-2. How foolish of him to neglect doing that!

Deep thoughts from Across the Pond...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-29-2020, 05:28 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Trump spent an entire month doing [BLEEP] all as the pandemic was bearing down on the US. Twitter pushes back on just one of his idiotic claims and he has a response ready within hours. The man is a pathetic little man so easily triggered it's not even an accomplishment to do so. He cares only about his own ego.

Do you even live here?

(05-29-2020, 05:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Deep thoughts from Across the Pond...

Do either of you live in Minneapolis?

(05-29-2020, 05:40 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 05:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Do you even live here?

(05-29-2020, 05:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Deep thoughts from Across the Pond...

Do either of you live in Minneapolis?

That's the best you can do? Go back to your K-pop hun.

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2020, 05:51 PM by MalabarJag.)

Do you even live here?

Trump expects the EU countries to actually spend what they promised on their obligation to NATO. You can't expect him to like Trump.

In other news, Communist China is 100% behind Biden (well at least their ruling class).

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(05-29-2020, 05:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 05:40 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Do either of you live in Minneapolis?

That's the best you can do? Go back to your K-pop hun.

(05-29-2020, 05:50 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 05:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Do you even live here?

Trump expects the EU countries to actually spend what they promised on their obligation to NATO. You can't expect him to like Trump.

In other news, Communist China is 100% behind Biden (well at least their ruling class).

Deflect, deflect, and at no point ever acknowledge the actual issue. Trump is directly attacking a media outlet, threatening the freedom of the press. And you lot stick your head in the sand and your butts in the air. Just remember to grit your teeth and think of Uncle Sam.

(05-29-2020, 05:55 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 05:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That's the best you can do? Go back to your K-pop hun.

Deflect, deflect, and at no point ever acknowledge the actual issue. Trump is directly attacking a media outlet, threatening the freedom of the press. And you lot stick your head in the sand and your butts in the air. Just remember to grit your teeth and think of Uncle Sam.

Twitter is neither a media outlet nor part of the press.

(05-29-2020, 05:55 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 05:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That's the best you can do? Go back to your K-pop hun.

So that pretty much confirms that Twitter is no longer a platform they are a media outlet considered press.  Therefor they should have no government protection regarding liability.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(05-29-2020, 06:07 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 05:55 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Deflect, deflect, and at no point ever acknowledge the actual issue. Trump is directly attacking a media outlet, threatening the freedom of the press. And you lot stick your head in the sand and your butts in the air. Just remember to grit your teeth and think of Uncle Sam.

So that pretty much confirms that Twitter is no longer a platform they are a media outlet considered press.  Therefor they should have no government protection regarding liability.

I do think section 230 should be looked at anew.
If I'm just the village idiot on a message board for the least popular professional football team in the world, No one cares.
But if my ramblings reach more than 10,000 people in under a minute, The platform that allowed that to happen, that facilitated that connection, should be at least somewhat liable for what I say. No person should be able to directly reach that many people without some decision makers in between. In fact, before the internet, no one was able to do anything like that on any consistent basis.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.