Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Twitter "Fact" Checkers

(06-01-2020, 10:03 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 08:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If a user -1s Mikesez on a forum does he cry to the moderators?

Oh wait, these are supposed to be philosophical questions.

Ask a mod.
I asked the mods once if there was any policy about that.
They said no.
I never asked them again, and I never complained.
I started a thread asking if there should be a policy about that.
And all y'all said no.
So, in the absence of policy, I simply started hitting people with -1 votes if they hit me.
Specifically, if you gave me a -1 vote without explaining why you disagreed with my post, you got a -1 back.  If you replied to my thread saying reputation scores didn't matter and I should ignore them, I made you put your money where your mouth is by hitting you with daily -3 scores until you told me that you were wrong and the score did matter.
All I ever did was retaliate in fights I didn't start, and take people at their word when they said the scores didn't matter.
Someone complained to the mods.
A mod came to me and asked me to stop the daily -3 votes against that person.
I declined to stop, because there was, again, no policy saying I should stop.
There was a poster who whined to the mods repeatedly about all of this. 
It wasn't me.
Ask the mods who it was.

Nothing worse than a man who can't own up to his own wrong-doing. A man who stands for nothing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-01-2020, 10:05 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 10:03 AM)mikesez Wrote: Ask a mod.
They said no.
And all y'all said no.
So, in the absence of policy, I simply started hitting people with -1 votes if they hit me.
Specifically, if you gave me a -1 vote without explaining why you disagreed with my post, you got a -1 back.  If you replied to my thread saying reputation scores didn't matter and I should ignore them, I made you put your money where your mouth is by hitting you with daily -3 scores until you told me that you were wrong and the score did matter.
All I ever did was retaliate in fights I didn't start, and take people at their word when they said the scores didn't matter.
It wasn't me.
Ask the mods who it was.

Nothing worse than a man who can't own up to his own wrong-doing. A man who stands for nothing.

I literally recited everything I did above. 
What more do you think I did?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-01-2020, 10:05 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 10:03 AM)mikesez Wrote: Ask a mod.
They said no.
And all y'all said no.
It wasn't me.
Ask the mods who it was.

You're alllllllmost there, SC. Almost. The self-awarewolf in you is begging for a full moon.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

I'll freely admit what I did was petty.
I just always get accused of complaining to the mods, and I didn't.
And downvoting posts that were courteous and on topic without explaining the disagreement is more petty than anything I ever did.

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 12:34 PM by mikesez.)

(05-31-2020, 09:23 PM)Last42min Wrote: What would the color 7 smell like?

If you could taste your thoughts, would it remind you of tarzan or football?

Could Mikesez think of a rock so big he couldn't google it?

Here is what JIB said, 

"The bottom line is, once any platform (not just Twitter) decides to edit or otherwise alter a post they in fact become a publisher not a "hosting platform", especially if it is not applied to all users.  It doesn't matter if the edit/altering is a "fact check" link and it doesn't matter what their source(s) is/are for their "fact check".  When they do such a thing they are editorializing and in fact a publisher."

Why is JIB insisting on a difference between the two? Why does it matter? Because platforms enjoy protection from lawsuits under a specific part of the US Code, and publishers do not.  JIB is saying that Twitter should be liable to certain types of lawsuits that they are currently immune from.  If you read any quality journalism on Trump v Twitter you would know this.  But if you didn't know it, you would find my post bizarre and off-topic.  
Unfortunately, people just react on this board - if they don't understand, they don't try to figure out if there's something they need to learn.  They just mock.

(05-27-2020, 08:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 08:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Your tone has changed fairly quickly huh? No one is forcing you or your man crush to use Twitter or any social media platform.

I am allowed to be upset about where my tax dollar is going. That is my right as an America. 

Even Zuck thinks this is wrong.

""Here is the bottom line on this: 'Big Tech' gets a huge handout from the federal government. They get this special immunity, this special immunity from suits and from liability that's worth billions of dollars to them every year," he told the "Friends" hosts. "Why are they getting subsidized by federal taxpayers to censor conservatives, to censor people critical of China?""
Lol

And now Zuck has taken down Trump ads. Zuck not ya boy anymore?

(06-18-2020, 02:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 08:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I am allowed to be upset about where my tax dollar is going. That is my right as an America. 

Even Zuck thinks this is wrong.

""Here is the bottom line on this: 'Big Tech' gets a huge handout from the federal government. They get this special immunity, this special immunity from suits and from liability that's worth billions of dollars to them every year," he told the "Friends" hosts. "Why are they getting subsidized by federal taxpayers to censor conservatives, to censor people critical of China?""
Lol

And now Zuck has taken down Trump ads. Zuck not ya boy anymore?

I find it odd that as an educator your feel excitement over the stifling of free speech based on your disdain for one man. You should play the long game here Cleat.

Cleat's a funny guy and I like having him around, but all of this isn't a joke. There are serious, serious issues brewing in the US. The amount of power these corporations have is staggering. It's unlike anything we've ever seen.

(06-18-2020, 04:47 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Cleat's a funny guy and I like having him around, but all of this isn't a joke. There are serious, serious issues brewing in the US. The amount of power these corporations have is staggering. It's unlike anything we've ever seen.

Most reasonable people see this. It won't really hit everyone else until Trump is long gone.

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020, 06:05 PM by Cleatwood.)

(06-18-2020, 04:47 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Cleat's a funny guy and I like having him around, but all of this isn't a joke. There are serious, serious issues brewing in the US. The amount of power these corporations have is staggering. It's unlike anything we've ever seen.
Thanks dude!

And yes, I agree with you on all of that.

The part I find funny is using a quote from Zuck to back your claims and then Zuck turns right around and does what he wants.

If these companies start banning everything people say, they won’t exist. Twitter especially. I hope Facebook drops off the face of the earth though.

(06-18-2020, 05:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Thanks dude!

The part I find funny is using a quote from Zuck to back your claims and then Zuck turns right around and does what he wants.

If these companies start banning everything people say, they won’t exist. Twitter especially. I hope Facebook drops off the face of the earth though.

Meh, I don't think Facebook is all that bad, or at least not AS bad as many of the other big tech companies.  Twitter and Google have a lot more to lose, especially Google.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-18-2020, 06:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 05:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Thanks dude!

Meh, I don't think Facebook is all that bad, or at least not AS bad as many of the other big tech companies.  Twitter and Google have a lot more to lose, especially Google.
Meh. Facebook sucks. Went downhill ever since they opened it up to the general public instead of just college kids.

(06-18-2020, 06:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 06:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Meh, I don't think Facebook is all that bad, or at least not AS bad as many of the other big tech companies.  Twitter and Google have a lot more to lose, especially Google.
Meh. Facebook sucks. Went downhill ever since they opened it up to the general public instead of just college kids.

Their stock market price went way up after they went public though.  That's really all I care about.

I have a Facebook account and it's actually been pretty nice for me.  I was able to get in touch with old friends and classmates and can share things/keep up with my family that lives in 4 different states.

Twitter on the other hand... well it's just a bunch of twits.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

So-called conservatives railing against corporations now. Hey, corporations are people too, remember?

(06-18-2020, 06:43 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 06:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Meh. Facebook sucks. Went downhill ever since they opened it up to the general public instead of just college kids.

Their stock market price went way up after they went public though.  That's really all I care about.

I have a Facebook account and it's actually been pretty nice for me.  I was able to get in touch with old friends and classmates and can share things/keep up with my family that lives in 4 different states.

Twitter on the other hand... well it's just a bunch of twits.
Lol that’s hilarious.

But good for you anyhow.

(06-18-2020, 06:44 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: So-called conservatives railing against corporations now. Hey, corporations are people too, remember?

A lot of conservatives have also been clamoring against corporate power for the last several years. However, the conservative elites are no different than the liberal elites in their pursuit of power, and these corporations have them bought and paid for. This is another issue I think the majority of us could agree upon if we were so divided over other issues.

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020, 11:33 PM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

(06-18-2020, 10:43 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 06:44 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: So-called conservatives railing against corporations now. Hey, corporations are people too, remember?

A lot of conservatives have also been clamoring against corporate power for the last several years. However, the conservative elites are no different than the liberal elites in their pursuit of power, and these corporations have them bought and paid for. This is another issue I think the majority of us could agree upon if we were so divided over other issues.

No, that's not the way partisan politics works. Both conservatives and liberals will argue for or against something simply based on which party is occupying the White House, which is what we have here.

Parler seems to be gaining some steam. Will need to keep an eye on that one.

(06-27-2020, 02:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Parler seems to be gaining some steam. Will need to keep an eye on that one.
Looks like a great place to troll boomers