Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL apologizes for banning players protesting

(06-05-2020, 08:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 08:51 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Have u been watching?

Watching what?  A bunch of fear mongering idiots planning to stock their prepper bunkers with extra large soda cups?

(06-05-2020, 08:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: For someone who hates and loathes the police and everything they stand for, honestly, I thought you would be on board with the idea of possibly needing to defend yourself one day.

I never said any of that you moron. 

Quote me straight or [BLEEP] off.

You literally called cops low IQ goons in a job that requires a HS diploma and 3 months of training. If that isnt hate, I'd hate to see your definition.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2020, 09:04 PM by jj82284.)

(06-05-2020, 08:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 08:51 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Have u been watching?

Watching what?  A bunch of fear mongering idiots planning to stock their prepper bunkers with extra large soda cups?

(06-05-2020, 08:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: For someone who hates and loathes the police and everything they stand for, honestly, I thought you would be on board with the idea of possibly needing to defend yourself one day.

Who needs the nutmeg now, brother?

You can NEVER please these people.

(06-05-2020, 09:03 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 08:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Watching what?  A bunch of fear mongering idiots planning to stock their prepper bunkers with extra large soda cups?

Who needs the nutmeg now, brother?

You can NEVER please these people.

Oh look! Another idiot confusing my posts with someone else's.  LOL

(06-05-2020, 09:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 08:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Watching what?  A bunch of fear mongering idiots planning to stock their prepper bunkers with extra large soda cups?

You literally called cops low IQ goons in a job that requires a HS diploma and 3 months of training. If that isnt hate, I'd hate to see your definition.

Quote me. 

I never said any of that. 

Get back to your fear prepping

(06-05-2020, 08:27 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [BLEEP] that I’m still not ok with it they start that [BLEEP] again I’m done

Dude, why let something that lasts about 2 minutes ruin 3 hours of entertainment for you?
I want our troops and our cops to be respected and prosper as much as the next guy, I just refuse to believe that 45 dudes kneeling for 2 minutes has anything to do with that.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-05-2020, 09:20 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 08:27 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [BLEEP] that I’m still not ok with it they start that [BLEEP] again I’m done

Dude, why let something that lasts about 2 minutes ruin 3 hours of entertainment for you?
I want our troops and our cops to be respected and prosper as much as the next guy, I just refuse to believe that 45 dudes kneeling for 2 minutes has anything to do with that.

football is where I go to escape, when politics is so saturated into my escape it’s time to find a new escape. I’m not saying I’m done as of now I’m just saying if I have to sit and listen to political commentary while I’m trying to watch football it’s kills any enjoyment I get bad enough our team sucks but mix in bad politics with bad football yuck
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(06-05-2020, 09:20 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Because it gives him a chance to virtue signal and be triggered by athletes who don't know who he is

Ronster! BOYCOOOOOTTTT!!

THE NFL WONT SURVIVE!

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2020, 09:35 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

I don't care what they do.

I just want to watch football and not be bombarded with political statements when I do. I don't want this to turn the whole [BLEEP] game into a social justice commercial.

(06-05-2020, 09:35 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I don't care what they do.

I just want to watch football and not be bombarded with political statements when I do. I don't want this to turn the whole [BLEEP] game into a social justice commercial.

The national anthem and all the flags, military fly overs, salute to troops etc etc are political gestures

(06-05-2020, 09:37 PM)JackCity Wrote:

The national anthem and all the flags, military fly overs, salute to troops etc etc are political gestures

No it’s displays of national identity for the national football league. While you might enjoy it in Ireland its an American sport that has long celebrated American culture that’s not political. Unless your politics are that American culture shouldn’t be celebrated or recognized I guess?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(06-05-2020, 09:40 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 09:37 PM)JackCity Wrote: The national anthem and all the flags, military fly overs, salute to troops etc etc are political gestures

No it’s displays of national identity for the national football league. While you might enjoy it in Ireland its an American sport that has long celebrated American culture that’s not political. Unless your politics are that American culture shouldn’t be celebrated or recognized I guess?

National identity displays are inherently political. Players protesting is also expressing their national identity.. You just don't like what they are saying

(06-05-2020, 09:37 PM)JackCity Wrote:

They also generally don’t take up the entirety of the game. I’m saying that I just don’t want to talk about this stuff during the game.

(06-06-2020, 01:46 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 09:37 PM)JackCity Wrote: The national anthem and all the flags, military fly overs, salute to troops etc etc are political gestures

They also generally don’t take up the entirety of the game. I’m saying that I just don’t want to talk about this stuff during the game.

Either does a pre game protest. If you don't want to discuss it with anyone through the game you don't have to

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2020, 02:51 AM by JagNGeorgia.)

(06-06-2020, 02:21 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(06-06-2020, 01:46 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: They also generally don’t take up the entirety of the game. I’m saying that I just don’t want to talk about this stuff during the game.

Either does a pre game protest. If you don't want to discuss it with anyone through the game you don't have to

I meant that I don’t want to listen to it, but are you truly OK with listening to politics (no matter the side) during a football game?

(06-05-2020, 10:37 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 09:40 PM)EricC85 Wrote: No it’s displays of national identity for the national football league. While you might enjoy it in Ireland its an American sport that has long celebrated American culture that’s not political. Unless your politics are that American culture shouldn’t be celebrated or recognized I guess?

National identity displays are inherently political. Players protesting is also expressing their national identity.. You just don't like what they are saying

It was good to see that Brees finally let up on the dishonest notion that players taking a knee ever had anything whatsoever to do with respect for soldiers and veterans or that attempting to force people to salute a symbol of the country is in any way consistent with the notion of a truly free country.

If anything the systematic repression of people he refused to acknowledge was the true disrespect to people that died for the rights of people in the USA to have life liberty and pursuit of happiness.

We separate football from politics on this MB for a reason. Looks like the NFL is going to learn that lesson the hard way.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If protests aren't about the flag as the Drew Brees proclaims, then why do they take place during a 2 minute event that is ALL about the flag and what it stands for?

Why not protest after the game or before/after the anthem? Do they not carry the same weight or meaning if less people are watching?

I'm not understanding what will change. Is kneeling going to fix something?

(06-06-2020, 10:40 AM)Sammy Wrote: I'm not understanding what will change. Is kneeling going to fix something?

Colin Kaepernick's market value. He's going to be everywhere for the next year.

(06-06-2020, 08:17 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If protests aren't about the flag as the Drew Brees proclaims, then why do they take place during a 2 minute event that is ALL about the flag and what it stands for?

Why not protest after the game or before/after the anthem? Do they not carry the same weight or meaning if less people are watching?

(06-06-2020, 10:40 AM)Sammy Wrote: I'm not understanding what will change. Is kneeling going to fix something?

To answer both your questions in the simplest way possible, kneeling during the anthem is a protest against racism and police brutality. The goal is to raise awareness of these issues. Obviously, if you want to raise awareness about issues, you want your message to reach as many people as possible. Doing it during the anthem achieved that goal, in a peaceful manner.

The act of kneeling itself will not fix anything. The process of raising awareness of the issues is the starting point to actually having a national conversation about these issues, which, in turn, can lead to concrete changes being made to address these issues. Whether you like it or not, whether you think the issues are real and meaningful or not, that process has now begun in America.