Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"protester" in Buffalo was dangerous Antifa plant

(06-10-2020, 10:13 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Interesting those who always want more protection of their  'freedoms' always stick up for oppressive police actions...

Welcome to Partisan Hackery 101, lastonealive. And to be clear, the left is hardly above the fray when it comes to this matter. Suddenly, unions aren't such a good idea, for example.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-10-2020, 09:11 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 08:10 PM)Sammy Wrote: Granny with dementia be damned. The usual cop answer, "don't look at me cross-eyed, I am the law, and I will force you to bow to my authority"  True fashion that cops can't operate with different people under different circumstances. You just confirmed such, but we all knew that ... That's what this is all about.

I don't think it was Joe Biden who refused to obey the curfew.

(Where did I say Biden?, are you wanting me to?)  ... And if it were Joe Biden those cops would be hidden away at some CIA torture house. What if it was someone from the cops family, I promise you the cops would have handled it differently? Arm on the shoulder, "come on pops lets move along". Nope, typical pig action, use force as the first option.

I'm also shock you are so willing to give up your rights to any ol' reason to have a curfew. Stay under your bed if you are told to by the mayor.

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2020, 09:29 AM by Gabe.)

Taking a break from the forum for a while. This thread was the catalyst. It's a shame, really - Sammy just started posting in here again Smile
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(06-11-2020, 07:23 AM)Sammy Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 09:11 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: I don't think it was Joe Biden who refused to obey the curfew.

(Where did I say Biden?, are you wanting me to?)  ... And if it were Joe Biden those cops would be hidden away at some CIA torture house. What if it was someone from the cops family, I promise you the cops would have handled it differently? Arm on the shoulder, "come on pops lets move along". Nope, typical pig action, use force as the first option.

I'm also shock you are so willing to give up your rights to any ol' reason to have a curfew. Stay under your bed if you are told to by the mayor.

You said Granny with dementia. I thought you meant Biden.

I'm pretty sure they tried "come on pops lets move along" before they pushed him.

When a wall of cops asks me to move back, I move back. "Give up my rights"? That's a huge extrapolation. Where in any place in the history of the world do people have more freedom than the USA? I don't like curfews but it's not the government that forced it on us.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(06-11-2020, 09:12 AM)Gabe Wrote: Taking a break from the forum for a while. This thread was the catalyst. It's a shame, really - Sammy just started posting in here again Smile

That's a shame.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-11-2020, 09:12 AM)Gabe Wrote: Taking a break from the forum for a while. This thread was the catalyst. It's a shame, really - Sammy just started posting in here again Smile

Protect your sanity.  Hope you're back relatively soon.

That's terrible.  I think you're one of the best posters we've had on the politics forum.  I hope it's a short break.

(06-11-2020, 09:33 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 07:23 AM)Sammy Wrote: (Where did I say Biden?, are you wanting me to?)  ... And if it were Joe Biden those cops would be hidden away at some CIA torture house. What if it was someone from the cops family, I promise you the cops would have handled it differently? Arm on the shoulder, "come on pops lets move along". Nope, typical pig action, use force as the first option.

You said Granny with dementia. I thought you meant Biden.

I'm pretty sure they tried "come on pops lets move along" before they pushed him.

When a wall of cops asks me to move back, I move back. "Give up my rights"? That's a huge extrapolation. Where in any place in the history of the world do people have more freedom than the USA? I don't like curfews but it's not the government that forced it on us.

Link? Video? or just making it up so the cops don't look like thugs. It is their go to way to police people, physical force first. You seem to think they should do that to everyone. Kid in a wheelchair, Elderly person with Alzheimer ... Where do you draw the line? It's Curfew, not bank robbery. Did you think that old geezer was going to attack fifty cops? Nothing he did warranted that response. Covering for, and covering up Police brutality is why police brutality continues.

How is this a catalyst? Why do people feel they are so sure of the truth that any objection to that is considered an affront to their senses?

If I knew it would have made you leave, I never would have started this thread.  Best wishes.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-11-2020, 10:12 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: How is this a catalyst? Why do people feel they are so sure of the truth that any objection to that is considered an affront to their senses?

The mere fact that your immediate reaction is to assume I'm breaking because I feel so "sure of the truth" that any counter-opinion is an "affront to my senses" is even further justification for my decision to break. See you cats after a while.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(06-11-2020, 10:12 AM)Sammy Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 09:33 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: You said Granny with dementia. I thought you meant Biden.

Link? Video? or just making it up so the cops don't look like thugs. It is their go to way to police people, physical force first. You seem to think they should do that to everyone. Kid in a wheelchair, Elderly person with Alzheimer ... Where do you draw the line? It's Curfew, not bank robbery. Did you think that old geezer was going to attack fifty cops? Nothing he did warranted that response. Covering for, and covering up Police brutality is why police brutality continues.

The failure to understand English continues. "Pretty sure" does not mean "sure." From the photo I posted it looks like the cops are talking to him. Without a video I can't be sure. Logically the cops would try the easiest method to move him first, since it requires no extra effort. Why do you assume bad motive in this case?

I draw the line at whoever shows up. It's their choice, and if they believe they are equipped to challenge the police then I'm not going to judge them. If I did judge them then I'd judge most of the crowd clueless morons, with some who really want to destroy this country leading the morons.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(06-11-2020, 12:01 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 10:12 AM)Sammy Wrote: Link? Video? or just making it up so the cops don't look like thugs. It is their go to way to police people, physical force first. You seem to think they should do that to everyone. Kid in a wheelchair, Elderly person with Alzheimer ... Where do you draw the line? It's Curfew, not bank robbery. Did you think that old geezer was going to attack fifty cops? Nothing he did warranted that response. Covering for, and covering up Police brutality is why police brutality continues.

The failure to understand English continues. "Pretty sure" does not mean "sure." From the photo I posted it looks like the cops are talking to him. Without a video I can't be sure. Logically the cops would try the easiest method to move him first, since it requires no extra effort. Why do you assume bad motive in this case?

I draw the line at whoever shows up. It's their choice, and if they believe they are equipped to challenge the police then I'm not going to judge them. If I did judge them then I'd judge most of the crowd clueless morons, with some who really want to destroy this country leading the morons.

Pretty sure indeed does not mean sure. 

"Pretty sure" is also a craptastic way to debate anything.

"Pretty sure" is also what's abhorrent and irresponsible about this tweet from Trump that is our topic here. 

It's BS speculation.

(06-11-2020, 10:12 AM)Sammy Wrote: Link? Video? or just making it up so the cops don't look like thugs. It is their go to way to police people, physical force first. You seem to think they should do that to everyone. Kid in a wheelchair, Elderly person with Alzheimer ... Where do you draw the line? It's Curfew, not bank robbery. Did you think that old geezer was going to attack fifty cops? Nothing he did warranted that response. Covering for, and covering up Police brutality is why police brutality continues.

Your last sentence gets a +Infinity, it's dead on for what we're seeing in the streets.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Police were just scared for their lives. And can you blame them? The guy was a spry 75, and they were just young men in riot gear. Definitely warranted violence. What other choice did they have? He clearly had a neutralizer and they weren't about to let him erase their minds.

(06-11-2020, 12:38 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Police were just scared for their lives.  And can you blame them?  The guy was a spry 75, and they were just young men in riot gear.  Definitely warranted violence.  What other choice did they have?  He clearly had a neutralizer and they weren't about to let him erase their minds.

[Image: 2zDIlpl.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2020, 03:27 PM by Sammy. Edit Reason: Add the video )

Maybe that's the problem. Maybe you should watch the video for a change. Pushing the old man down WAS unnecessary. Didn't see them attempt any other "officer friendly" tactic (maybe because they have no other tactics).

In case you can't locate a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFeewU0HhNE

Could have handcuffed him, and arrested him if he was breaking the law. So, has he been arrested for curfew violation? The one officer did appear ready to bend down to help him, but the other officer pulled him back up.

I'm not going to be here long. Once work takes off after everyone gets back to their normal lives, I will have plenty more important things to do.  I do miss the good ol' days ... Good times. Smile

(06-11-2020, 01:55 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 12:01 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: The failure to understand English continues. "Pretty sure" does not mean "sure." From the photo I posted it looks like the cops are talking to him. Without a video I can't be sure. Logically the cops would try the easiest method to move him first, since it requires no extra effort. Why do you assume bad motive in this case?

Maybe that's the problem. Maybe you should watch the video for a change. Pushing the old man down WAS unnecessary. Didn't see them attempt any other "officer friendly" tactic (maybe because they have no other tactics).

Could have handcuffed him, and arrested him if he was breaking the law. So, has he been arrested for curfew violation? The one officer did appear ready to bend down to help him, but the other officer pulled him back up.

From the video, it looks like one officer told him to leave in a civil manner, at which point he thrust his cell phone at the other officer in a stabbing motion. He was then pushed, lost his balance, and fell.

Were the officers in the wrong? Considering the end result, yes. Was the "victim" also in the wrong? Yes.

(06-11-2020, 05:53 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 01:55 PM)Sammy Wrote: Maybe that's the problem. Maybe you should watch the video for a change. Pushing the old man down WAS unnecessary. Didn't see them attempt any other "officer friendly" tactic (maybe because they have no other tactics).

From the video, it looks like one officer told him to leave in a civil manner, at which point he thrust his cell phone at the other officer in a stabbing motion. He was then pushed, lost his balance, and fell.

Were the officers in the wrong? Considering the end result, yes. Was the "victim" also in the wrong? Yes.

So we are going to do the “It looks like” comparison?

From the video, it looks like one officer told him they would attack him and bust him up, at which point he pointed at the other officers weapon and ask “With that weapon?”  He was then shoved to the ground without warning never being a physical threat to officer friendly.

Was officer friendly wrong, yes. They could have arrested him, but instead did the usual cop thing (not really, but I will play this out) … get physical before using any other diffusing option. Was the victim wrong? (I appreciate that you did consider him a "victim") … Yes, but if the end result is punishment by cop on such a minor exchange, No.  Well here we are while a man was murdered begging for his life under knee. We need better tempered officers that don’t go straight to physical confrontation in the minor confrontations. I am a true believer the large majority are those officers, we just need to find ways to identify those that aren’t, and rid them from law enforcement.

LOL … I love how you used the term “Stabbing Motion” Very nice. Smile

(06-11-2020, 06:40 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 05:53 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: From the video, it looks like one officer told him to leave in a civil manner, at which point he thrust his cell phone at the other officer in a stabbing motion. He was then pushed, lost his balance, and fell.

So we are going to do the “It looks like” comparison?

From the video, it looks like one officer told him they would attack him and bust him up, at which point he pointed at the other officers weapon and ask “With that weapon?”  He was then shoved to the ground without warning never being a physical threat to officer friendly.

Was officer friendly wrong, yes. They could have arrested him, but instead did the usual cop thing (not really, but I will play this out) … get physical before using any other diffusing option. Was the victim wrong? (I appreciate that you did consider him a "victim") … Yes, but if the end result is punishment by cop on such a minor exchange, No.  Well here we are while a man was murdered begging for his life under knee. We need better tempered officers that don’t go straight to physical confrontation in the minor confrontations. I am a true believer the large majority are those officers, we just need to find ways to identify those that aren’t, and rid them from law enforcement.

LOL … I love how you used the term “Stabbing Motion” Very nice. Smile

Confronting cops in riot gear, making a grabbing motion at his waist then flopping like a Norwegian Death Diver. Sorry, no sympathy.