Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"protester" in Buffalo was dangerous Antifa plant

(06-11-2020, 07:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 06:40 PM)Sammy Wrote: So we are going to do the “It looks like” comparison?

From the video, it looks like one officer told him they would attack him and bust him up, at which point he pointed at the other officers weapon and ask “With that weapon?”  He was then shoved to the ground without warning never being a physical threat to officer friendly.

Was officer friendly wrong, yes. They could have arrested him, but instead did the usual cop thing (not really, but I will play this out) … get physical before using any other diffusing option. Was the victim wrong? (I appreciate that you did consider him a "victim") … Yes, but if the end result is punishment by cop on such a minor exchange, No.  Well here we are while a man was murdered begging for his life under knee. We need better tempered officers that don’t go straight to physical confrontation in the minor confrontations. I am a true believer the large majority are those officers, we just need to find ways to identify those that aren’t, and rid them from law enforcement.

LOL … I love how you used the term “Stabbing Motion” Very nice. Smile

Confronting cops in riot gear, making a grabbing motion at his waist then flopping like a Norwegian Death Diver. Sorry, no sympathy.

"Confronting Cops"  exaggeration ... "Grabbing Motion"  You're a cop, or a cop sympathizer.  I really hope you are not in a LEO position, we have enough of your type of justice at the hands of heavy handed cops. Be reasonable. Not all meetings of amicable situations should end in citizen blood. I will only answer you in such short sentences on going.  It is your moto. Cops were dirty ... as usual.

Go.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm surprised the the man has survived for 75 years being that [BLEEP] stupid.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I never saw the second angle of that video. Definitely don't think it was fake, and the President is stupid for tweeting that.

(06-11-2020, 08:35 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 07:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Confronting cops in riot gear, making a grabbing motion at his waist then flopping like a Norwegian Death Diver. Sorry, no sympathy.

"Confronting Cops"  exaggeration ... "Grabbing Motion"  You're a cop, or a cop sympathizer.  I really hope you are not in a LEO position, we have enough of your type of justice at the hands of heavy handed cops. Be reasonable. Not all meetings of amicable situations should end in citizen blood. I will only answer you in such short sentences on going.  It is your moto. Cops were dirty ... as usual.

Go.

Hardly a cop sympathizer, but once the cops have to show up in riot gear do what they instruct. Approaching them as he did earned him what he got. I type on my tablet so I don't write journal entries like some. Brevity is a way of life.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I do think it's funny, though, how people can't see the massive amount of white people who have been beaten by the cops during these riots/protests. I don't think police brutality is wide spread, but you can definitely see from recent events that it is not limited to any age, sex, race, or gender.

(06-12-2020, 07:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 08:35 PM)Sammy Wrote:  "Confronting Cops"  exaggeration ... "Grabbing Motion"  You're a cop, or a cop sympathizer.  I really hope you are not in a LEO position, we have enough of your type of justice at the hands of heavy handed cops. Be reasonable. Not all meetings of amicable situations should end in citizen blood. I will only answer you in such short sentences on going.  It is your moto. Cops were dirty ... as usual.

Go.

Hardly a cop sympathizer, but once the cops have to show up in riot gear do what they instruct. Approaching them as he did earned him what he got. I type on my tablet so I don't write journal entries like some. Brevity is a way of life.

Guess it doesn't matter what we think, the cops were suspended, the victim wasn't arrested, and I am sure he has lawyers lined up for his payday from the brain injury. It was unnecessary, he wasn't a physical threat. Cuff him and arrest him, no need for anything else, it wasn't warranted.

(06-12-2020, 09:02 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I do think it's funny, though, how people can't see the massive amount of white people who have been beaten by the cops during these riots/protests. I don't think police brutality is wide spread, but you can definitely see from recent events that it is not limited to any age, sex, race, or gender.

I actually pointed out the widespread brutality in these protests a few times in the past week. Clearly it is spread across the entire racial cross-section of those protesting.

I hope those who claimed brutality wasn't enough of an issue to warrant reform can see how widespread it has (ironically) been throughout these protests. 

I truly hope the other end of this wave of protesting ends with reform in officer vetting and training in most US police departments. We can do better.

(06-12-2020, 10:27 AM)Sammy Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 07:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Hardly a cop sympathizer, but once the cops have to show up in riot gear do what they instruct. Approaching them as he did earned him what he got. I type on my tablet so I don't write journal entries like some. Brevity is a way of life.

Guess it doesn't matter what we think, the cops were suspended, the victim wasn't arrested, and I am sure he has lawyers lined up for his payday from the brain injury. It was unnecessary, he wasn't a physical threat. Cuff him and arrest him, no need for anything else, it wasn't warranted.

I actually just see it differently. Push the guy back and we move on, he's out of the way and doesn't get arrested. The idea that he wasn't a physical threat while confronting cops in the middle of a protest is hard to buy, being old doesn't make you a non-threat. And really, in this climate do we think anything else would happen to those cops? The Mob demands and the Mob receives or the Mod destroys.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-12-2020, 10:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 10:27 AM)Sammy Wrote: Guess it doesn't matter what we think, the cops were suspended, the victim wasn't arrested, and I am sure he has lawyers lined up for his payday from the brain injury. It was unnecessary, he wasn't a physical threat. Cuff him and arrest him, no need for anything else, it wasn't warranted.

I actually just see it differently. Push the guy back and we move on, he's out of the way and doesn't get arrested. The idea that he wasn't a physical threat while confronting cops in the middle of a protest is hard to buy, being old doesn't make you a non-threat. And really, in this climate do we think anything else would happen to those cops? The Mob demands and the Mob receives or the Mod destroys.

Well, I see we do agree on something.

I got into a gnarly fight with a 76-year-old guy once. I didn't think he would be much of a challenge but I was wrong.

(06-12-2020, 01:36 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I got into a gnarly fight with a 76-year-old guy once. I didn't think he would be much of a challenge but I was wrong.

Did you push him?

(06-12-2020, 02:35 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 01:36 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I got into a gnarly fight with a 76-year-old guy once. I didn't think he would be much of a challenge but I was wrong.

Did you push him?

Among other things, yes. 

I tried the gentle pushing thing, and he refused every effort to resolve it peacefully... until he hit me.

(06-12-2020, 03:04 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 02:35 PM)Sammy Wrote: Did you push him?

Among other things, yes. 

I tried the gentle pushing thing, and he refused every effort to resolve it peacefully... until he hit me.

Okay, well lets not let this get you down. It's not important to be able to fend off a geriatric person in ... in ... in their prime. You hold your head high, buckoe , and don't let anyone look down on you. Besides, one day you will find yourself a good wife that will stick up for you when the nursing home gang tries to take your bingo money. Now go get yourself a bowl of ice creme, you deserve it.

(06-12-2020, 06:24 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 03:04 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Among other things, yes. 

Okay, well lets not let this get you down. It's not important to be able to fend off a geriatric person in ... in ... in their prime. You hold your head high, buckoe , and don't let anyone look down on you. Besides, one day you will find yourself a good wife that will stick up for you when the nursing home gang tries to take your bingo money. Now go get yourself a bowl of ice creme, you deserve it.

The only one "down" is the old man pretending that other old men can't be a threat. Just because you're old and fragile doesn't mean other people haven't taken care of themselves.

(06-12-2020, 07:21 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 06:24 PM)Sammy Wrote: Okay, well lets not let this get you down. It's not important to be able to fend off a geriatric person in ... in ... in their prime. You hold your head high, buckoe , and don't let anyone look down on you. Besides, one day you will find yourself a good wife that will stick up for you when the nursing home gang tries to take your bingo money. Now go get yourself a bowl of ice creme, you deserve it.

The only one "down" is the old man pretending that other old men can't be a threat. Just because you're old and fragile doesn't mean other people haven't taken care of themselves.

Now now, don’t go getting all uppity, no one is judging you. For Christ sake don’t go picking another fight with a man wearing depends. I’m trying to help you here.

(06-12-2020, 07:34 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 07:21 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: The only one "down" is the old man pretending that other old men can't be a threat. Just because you're old and fragile doesn't mean other people haven't taken care of themselves.

Now now, don’t go getting all uppity, no one is judging you. For Christ sake don’t go picking another fight with a man wearing depends. I’m trying to help you here.

You’re letting your insecurities show if you think I’m uppity. 

I didn’t know old men in depends was such a sensitive topic for you. Are you mad because no one has changed your’s, Sammy?

(06-12-2020, 07:46 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 07:34 PM)Sammy Wrote: Now now, don’t go getting all uppity, no one is judging you. For Christ sake don’t go picking another fight with a man wearing depends. I’m trying to help you here.

You’re letting your insecurities show if you think I’m uppity. 

I didn’t know old men in depends was such a sensitive topic for you. Are you mad because no one has changed your’s, Sammy?

My apologies, Man ... You do not seem to do well with a bit of ribbing. I get that, and I took advantage of that. One bit of advice ... Read something aimed at you like it was meant for someone else, and recognize when someone cast a lure. Don't be a hungry fish.

I AM BATMAN!

(06-12-2020, 07:58 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 07:46 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: You’re letting your insecurities show if you think I’m uppity. 

My apologies, Man ... You do not seem to do well with a bit of ribbing. I get that, and I took advantage of that. One bit of advice ... Read something aimed at you like it was meant for someone else, and recognize when someone cast a lure. Don't be a hungry fish.

I AM BATMAN!

I’m not upset, Sammy, but I did think you were offended. I come off more serious than I I actually am. So that’s my fault then... my mistake.

(06-12-2020, 08:05 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 07:58 PM)Sammy Wrote: My apologies, Man ... You do not seem to do well with a bit of ribbing. I get that, and I took advantage of that. One bit of advice ... Read something aimed at you like it was meant for someone else, and recognize when someone cast a lure. Don't be a hungry fish.

I AM BATMAN!

I’m not upset, Sammy, but I did think you were offended. I come off more serious than I I actually am. So that’s my fault then... my mistake.

Good, my goal wasn't meant to upset you, I thought you would recognize the tiit for tat sit-com feel of the debate. (Like two and a half men) ... What can I say, I'm a low brow comedy kind of guy. So anyway, I will swear you to confidence of my secret. I am actually 41 years old, 6'2, and 235 pounds. "My" Taekwondo training club for kids has been closed since the Covid restrictions ... Or, I am an old man having fun on the Jaguars posting board. Choose wisely which one you would physically challenge in the future. Banana

Still waiting for the investigation into the hospital that treated him. Seeing as how his injury was faked, they had no right to have him in ICU

Hopefully the police officers who noted his serious injury on their reports are fired too