Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
June snow blankets parts of Idaho, Montana

Global warming my is a myth..........

June snow blankets parts of Idaho, Montana; sheriff issues warrant for Mother Nature over 'illegal dumping'

After the latest round of snow in parts of the Rockies just days before the summer solstice, Mother Nature is in some hot water with local authorities.\

https://www.foxnews.com/us/june-snow-ida...r-solstice
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Meanwhile, average global temperatures have gone up yet again...

Nice break for that one little corner of Idaho though..
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

It's been an uncharacteristically cool growing season after an uncharacteristically warm spring. 

It's wreaking all sorts of havoc around here.

(06-18-2020, 02:40 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Global warming my is a myth..........

June snow blankets parts of Idaho, Montana; sheriff issues warrant for Mother Nature over 'illegal dumping'

After the latest round of snow in parts of the Rockies just days before the summer solstice, Mother Nature is in some hot water with local authorities.\

The only myth here is the one that says spring snow disproves global warming. The reason it's now called climate change is because of the idiots who believe said myth.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Meanwhile, the Atlantic Basin was on its third named tropical system of the year on June 1st, the day hurricane season started.

Climate change is not an "event by event" thing. It's a cross-section of everything happening as a whole. Look at nations like Nauru and the US territory of the Marshall Islands, where they're looking at a complete loss of the island within 20 years due to rising sea levels and already threatened by rising peak tides. The Marshall Islands are literally washed over during high tides every few months, with water crossing the entire island at points. That didn't happen 20 years ago.

For you and anyone else challenged with the definitions of these extremely complex words in the English language. 
[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/url]Log In

glob·al | \ ˈglō-bəl [url=https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/global?pronunciation&lang=en_us&dir=g&file=global01]
 \

Definition of global

1a[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]of, relating to, or involving the entire world WORLDWIDEglobal system of communicationglobal economic problemsglobal warfare— see also GLOBAL VILLAGEGLOBAL WARMING

bof or relating to a spherical celestial body (such as the moon)For the Moon, the early formation of global crust was accompanied and succeeded for several hundred million years by a massive influx of projectiles …— James W. Head

2of, relating to, or applying to a whole (such as a mathematical function or a computer program) UNIVERSALglobal search of a fileGlobal search and replace can be harnessed to make this correction throughout the file almost instantaneously
[/font][/font]

(06-19-2020, 10:33 AM)TJBender Wrote:

Meanwhile, the Atlantic Basin was on its third named tropical system of the year on June 1st, the day hurricane season started.

Climate change is not an "event by event" thing. It's a cross-section of everything happening as a whole. Look at nations like Nauru and the US territory of the Marshall Islands, where they're looking at a complete loss of the island within 20 years due to rising sea levels and already threatened by rising peak tides. The Marshall Islands are literally washed over during high tides every few months, with water crossing the entire island at points. That didn't happen 20 years ago.

I love how the Global Warming alarmists claim that things like the snowfall are just an "event by event" thing and then point to every tropical storm as proof of Global Warming.

No amount of events is ever proof of a theory, while one single event can refute a theory. If either of Einstein's two predictions (bending of starlight near the sun and advance of the perihelion of Mercury) failed then he would abandon General Relativity. One major prediction of the global warming theory is an upper-troposphere "hot spot" over the tropics. Funny how the theory hasn't been abandoned after no hot spot was found.

And as far as sea level rise, the sea level has been rising at the same rate for over 100 years. This has nothing to do with anything humans have done.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 12:16 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(06-19-2020, 11:59 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 10:33 AM)TJBender Wrote: Meanwhile, the Atlantic Basin was on its third named tropical system of the year on June 1st, the day hurricane season started.

I love how the Global Warming alarmists claim that things like the snowfall are just an "event by event" thing and then point to every tropical storm as proof of Global Warming.

What about a chart resulting and melting glaciers?

[Image: aAxLEo86rq6x7WPaMqwdGmaC-VbbQJtXgtSluzij...0L9kCgEpwQ]

Why is the solar system warming at the same rate? Sorry I'll pass on a carbon tax
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(06-19-2020, 01:05 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: It's been an uncharacteristically cool growing season after an uncharacteristically warm spring. 

It's wreaking all sorts of havoc around here.

Here in NC we have had strange weather. A longer spring season temp wise, then hot for a week or so, a slight cool down, hot again, then Sunday-Wednesday saw temps in the low 60s with dewpoints at 60° and rain. Yesterday saw 70s and by Sunday we'll see almost 90. 

I'm not complaining about the cooler than usual temps for this time of year but it does make me wonder if we're going to have a crazy frigid winter. Last winter was nothing.

(06-19-2020, 01:37 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Why is the solar system warming at the same rate? Sorry I'll pass on a carbon tax

It's not.
Solar output is actually down slightly.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-19-2020, 12:16 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 11:59 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

What about a chart resulting and melting glaciers?

[Image: aAxLEo86rq6x7WPaMqwdGmaC-VbbQJtXgtSluzij...0L9kCgEpwQ]

Can't see your chart, (and I doubt a chart would melt a glacier Smile ) but, like sea level rise, glaciers have been melting since long before humans could have had any effect on climate. That shows it's warmer now than it was in the 1700s, but nobody disagrees with that. Interestingly, some of the recent glacial melting has uncovered archaeological sites. It was warm enough in earlier times that places now covered by glaciers were ice-free back then.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(06-19-2020, 10:27 AM)rollerjag Wrote:

The only myth here is the one that says spring snow disproves global warming. The reason it's now called climate change is because of the idiots who believe said myth.

I guess if you can consider mid-June to be Spring then anything is possible.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato