Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump retweets video of his supporter yelling "White Power!"

(06-29-2020, 06:46 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 06:03 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Yeah, I guess in some universe "white power" is the correct and appropriate response to something.

If some [BLEEP] called me "white trash" I can see that as a mocking response I might make in haste. Quickly responding to an insult without careful thought as to all that the response implies is fairly common. But I'm sure you, in your holier-than-thou existence, would never reply to an insult without hours of careful analysis first.

If you actually watched the video, the anti-Trumpers were shouting hate-filled profanity the whole time, as well as calling the paraders nazis and white trash. Yet I didn't hear one profane response from the paraders (and no, "white power" is not a profanity).

Um, no, I would never shout "white power" in response to anything. I guess that chance exists with you, so yes, I'm a better person than you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-29-2020, 06:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 06:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Yes I am.  I'm not saying that it's right or wrong.  We are all entitled to free speech.  That's what I defend.

Are you defending people that support a sitting President being asked "where their hoods are", being called "nazi" or "white trash"?  Is there actually a viable excuse for that in your mind?  Ever?

It goes both ways.  I support the ignorant people's speech either way because we do have that freedom (free speech) at the moment.  It's slowly eroding away (our freedom of expression) sadly.

Free speech is great. 

The president of the US tweeting out videos with his supporters yelling "white power" is not great. Nor is it some triumph for the first amendment. 
It's hate - and it should be denounced.
 Not celebrated. 

Were these seniors provoked by people that objected to their little parade?  Yes. 
Does that excuse hateful racism? No. Hell no. 

The sad reality for Trump supporters right now is that he has put his racism so prevalently on display, so many times, that they will now be associated with that whether it's fair or not. 

Supporting Trump may not make one a racist, but a supporter at this point is definitely accepting of Trump's own blatant racism, and that will draw the ire of those strongly opposed to such hatred.  
Whether you believe this to be fair or not, it is a reality. 
He has firmly placed himself in this category with incredibly clear patterns of behavior and the public opinion on where he stands on racism has been formed and defined.

Is it "hate" when in the same video the non-Trump supporters are are calling them "nazi" and asking "where their hoods are"?  By the way, to some people the word "nazi" is pretty much the same as the "n word".

Where is that "hate speech" denounced?

Show me some facts about President Trump's "blatant racism".  All we have so far in this thread is one of his supporters responding to equal "hate speech" from someone (actually many) opposed to him with equal hate speech.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I think he shouldn't have tweeted it, but he's known for being reactionary. He took it down once someone said, "Hey, did you watch that thing to the end?" Still don't think he's racist, just too quick to post crap on the internet.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-29-2020, 07:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 06:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Free speech is great. 

The president of the US tweeting out videos with his supporters yelling "white power" is not great. Nor is it some triumph for the first amendment. 
It's hate - and it should be denounced.
 Not celebrated. 

Were these seniors provoked by people that objected to their little parade?  Yes. 
Does that excuse hateful racism? No. Hell no. 

The sad reality for Trump supporters right now is that he has put his racism so prevalently on display, so many times, that they will now be associated with that whether it's fair or not. 

Supporting Trump may not make one a racist, but a supporter at this point is definitely accepting of Trump's own blatant racism, and that will draw the ire of those strongly opposed to such hatred.  
Whether you believe this to be fair or not, it is a reality. 
He has firmly placed himself in this category with incredibly clear patterns of behavior and the public opinion on where he stands on racism has been formed and defined.

Is it "hate" when in the same video the non-Trump supporters are are calling them "nazi" and asking "where their hoods are"?  By the way, to some people the word "nazi" is pretty much the same as the "n word".

Where is that "hate speech" denounced?

Show me some facts about President Trump's "blatant racism".  All we have so far in this thread is one of his supporters responding to equal "hate speech" from someone (actually many) opposed to him with equal hate speech.

Calling his supporters "nazi" could be interpreted as hate speech. Sure. That's pretty bad, but do you really want to compare that to  shouting "white power?"  
I mean, responding with "white power" basically confirmed the "nazi" accusation to be at least somewhat accurate for the individual who responded thusly. 

His spackling of social media with advertisements using nazi symbols last week brought on these "nazi" accusations, so yet again, the man these people support is drawing this ire upon them. 

I can't believe you're asking me the "facts" question.  Three weeks seldom go by without something like this happening since he's been in office. This thread serves only to illustrate the latest in a long list of similar such comments or tweets. 

I'm not going to list 30 such reports for you here, so start with this:

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeK...CAw&uact=5

(06-29-2020, 06:46 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 06:03 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Yeah, I guess in some universe "white power" is the correct and appropriate response to something.

If some [BLEEP] called me "white trash" I can see that as a mocking response I might make in haste. Quickly responding to an insult without careful thought as to all that the response implies is fairly common. But I'm sure you, in your holier-than-thou existence, would never reply to an insult without hours of careful analysis first.

If you actually watched the video, the anti-Trumpers were shouting hate-filled profanity the whole time, as well as calling the paraders nazis and white trash. Yet I didn't hear one profane response from the paraders (and no, "white power" is not a profanity).
You think maybe they called them those names because they already knew those people were racist?

And just so I’m clear, if I called you “white trash”, you may respond with White Power because it’s the first thing that would come to mind as a comeback?! Hahaha big yikes dude

Dudes. There is never a good time to say “white power”.... there’s just not.

I don't know. Dave Chappelle did a pretty good job with it.

(06-29-2020, 09:04 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I don't know. Dave Chappelle did a pretty good job with it.
What a FANTASTIC skit.

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 05:39 AM by The Real Marty.)

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-h...e-n1232495

"The video remained on the president's Twitter page, where he has 82 million followers, for more than three hours because White House officials couldn't reach him to ask him to delete it, the two officials said. The president was at his golf club in Virginia and had put his phone down, the officials said."

The White House could not reach the President of the United States for three hours.  That is mind boggling.  How is that possible that the President of the United States is unavailable and cannot be reached for THREE HOURS?  Forget about the tweet, or "white power" or anything else, there is an even bigger issue here, and that is, the White House could not reach the President for 3 hours!!!

This thread.

No, this forum.

[Image: a8egfja05ou41.jpg]

(06-30-2020, 09:01 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: He was warming up for the 4th of July white supremacy celebration at Mt. Rushmore.

That tweet from DNC tying that event to white supremacy was a major stretch. Looks like they took it down. 

And Trump retweeting a "white power" exclamation that stayed up for three hours was a major [BLEEP] up.

Every time I start to maybe warm up to his guy.. he pulls some [BLEEP] like this.

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 09:47 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(06-29-2020, 04:17 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Yeah, the racist president with a Slovenian wife, Jewish children, and countless Jewish grandchildren is trying to start a race war.

Did you ever read The Little Boy who Cried Wolf as a kid?

So, you are deducting that because Trump has a Slovenian wife and Jewish children, then surely he must love African Americans.

There is a long history of animosity (especially in NYC where Trump was born and raised) between the caucasian people of the Jewish faith and African Americans

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_Heights_riot

(06-29-2020, 07:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I think he shouldn't have tweeted it, but he's known for being reactionary. He took it down once someone said, "Hey, did you watch that thing to the end?" Still don't think he's racist, just too quick to post crap on the internet.

Dude, he's the President, not some goofball dude going by the name BortlesTillWeDie here on the Jaguars website.  His attention to detail needs to be precise ...... should we talk about him not reading the briefing he got on Russian bounties on US soldiers in Afghanistan?  He needs to quit watching MSM (specifically Fox News) and focus on information coming from his executive level sources.

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 09:59 AM by The Real Marty.)

(06-29-2020, 07:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I think he shouldn't have tweeted it, but he's known for being reactionary. He took it down once someone said, "Hey, did you watch that thing to the end?" Still don't think he's racist, just too quick to post crap on the internet.

I chalk it up more to incompetence than anything else.  He's not intellectually or temperamentally equipped for that office.  

To me, there is another important issue here, and that is, the White House was unable to reach him for 3 hours to tell him he needed to take down that tweet.  I am flabbergasted that the White House was unable to reach the President for 3 hours.

"The video remained on the president's Twitter page, where he has 82 million followers, for more than three hours because White House officials couldn't reach him to ask him to delete it, the two officials said. The president was at his golf club in Virginia and had put his phone down, the officials said."

(06-30-2020, 09:43 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 04:17 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Yeah, the racist president with a Slovenian wife, Jewish children, and countless Jewish grandchildren is trying to start a race war.

So, you are deducting that because Trump has a Slovenian wife and Jewish children, then surely he must love African Americans.

There is a long history of animosity (especially in NYC where Trump was born and raised) between the caucasian people of the Jewish faith and African Americans

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_Heights_riot

Dude, he's the President, not some goofball dude going by the name BortlesTillWeDie here on the Jaguars website.  His attention to detail needs to be precise ...... should we talk about him not reading the briefing he got on Russian bounties on US soldiers in Afghanistan?  He needs to quit watching MSM (specifically Fox News) and focus on information coming from his executive level sources.

Yep, and the police acted stupidly in all 57 states and he needs to work on his stategery.

(06-30-2020, 09:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I chalk it up more to incompetence than anything else.  He's not intellectually or temperamentally equipped for that office.  

To me, there is another important issue here, and that is, the White House was unable to reach him for 3 hours to tell him he needed to take down that tweet.  I am flabbergasted that the White House was unable to reach the President for 3 hours.

Unnamed sources with an unbelievable tale trying to cover up the slip up.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-30-2020, 09:18 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Every time I start to maybe warm up to his guy.. he pulls some [BLEEP] like this.

Which begs the question, what in hell would make you "maybe warm up" to Trump?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Have you ever read a history book?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

So this thread is really, If you are orange man bad and in support of the Nazi, white trash, cracker yelling crowd the hate speech is fine. If not, not so much? [BLEEP] hypocrites up in here.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 11:48 AM by Cleatwood.)

(06-30-2020, 11:23 AM)Jagwired Wrote: So this thread is really, If you are orange man bad and in support of the Nazi, white trash, cracker yelling  crowd the hate speech is fine. If not, not so much? [BLEEP] hypocrites up in here.
It appears calling them white trash was warranted because they are in fact white trash.... if your comeback is “white power”, every insult hurled at you is warranted. 

That would be like if I said “You’re an idiot” and your response was “I have a belly button and the earth is flat.” Seems warranted.

Also, this forum loves the “but what happened before the video starts!” Lines so maybe they had already heard the people yelling “white power”?