Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Report: NFL to play song known as the Black National Anthem before season openers

(07-06-2020, 08:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 08:00 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Misleading or not, my point is that is the exact title of article he linked.

It’s not just PFT. 
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...368762002/

Whether you agree or not, the song is referred to as the Black National Anthem.

It is indeed casually referred to as the black national anthem. Not formally.  
Putting it in a headline suggests formality and those headlines are seeking to stir the pot. Not to objectively inform.

I think it's a misrepresentation to imply this song will serve as something akin to The Star Spangled Banner when there is no indication that is the intent.
  If that IS the case, then this progressively minded NFL fan thinks the league is really tone deaf on how to handle the current climate and it's a misstep. Too divisive. 

But there's no info to support it will even happen - much less any intent to provide a "separate anthem."

I've made my points. I'll step away from the thread and the title alterations. 
I trust the rest of the mod team to find a happy place with that title. 

Man, I wish we had some Jags news to talk about 
Tongue

Calling it the BNA isn’t a negative thing just because someone wants to make it one.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 07-06-2020, 01:21 PM
RE: Report: NFL to play "Lift Every Voice and Sing" before season openers - by Bchbunnie4 - 07-06-2020, 08:24 PM