Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to surprise in 2020?

(08-12-2020, 10:24 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Honestly it all hinges on MInshew and Gruden.  If MInshew improves we'll have a winning season.  If he doesn't, we won't.

Not with this defense and Wash
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think the offense will make it an entertaining year, but I am not expecting to be a playoff team. Something like 6-10 to 8-8 with many wins coming mid to late in the year as the young team comes together.

I do not think there is any way we end up with the number 1 pick unless the Rams completely implode.

(08-14-2020, 10:44 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 10:24 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Honestly it all hinges on MInshew and Gruden.  If MInshew improves we'll have a winning season.  If he doesn't, we won't.

Probably not, but I'm optimistic about our young talent.

Too many question marks on D. I'd love to be wrong, though.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2020, 05:24 PM by JackCity.)

(08-07-2020, 04:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 09:47 AM)JackCity Wrote: More so depends on the pass defense than run. Going from a top 5 pressure unit to bottom 10 will require some high level scheming and play at the back end, which I don't think Wash or the DBs will be capable of

Meh, im much more concerned with our run D than our pass rush.  There is a reason we took a NT in the 3rd though and I still think we sign a vet whether it be snacks or bring back Darius.  We wont be a bottom 10 pass rush unit with Allen not to mention we just draft Chaisson and Yan is still on the team until he isnt.  Not to metion Smoot had his best season last year and Bryan just turned 24 had his potential is through the roof.

What about now?

(08-07-2020, 09:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 09:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: defense will likely be around 24th-32nd in points allowed

All depends on if we can stop the run or not.  I'm hoping we sign snacks or Darius and if Bryan takes the next step will be huge for us.  If we are decent against the run our D can easily be top half

Lol weird how we're stopping the run but it doesn't matter because our pass rush and secondary is so bad

Bump

Lol
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Only surprise has been how easy it is for losing teams to beat our butts.
And we're even to the tougher teams on our schedule
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

In fairness- as a fan it’s REALLY hard to go into a new season and not have an ounce of hope for your team. Coming off of last season, Minshew looked poised to take off this season. For the most part week 1 and 2 looked very promising.

Can never come down too too hard on folks pulling for their team.

Yikes. Some REALLY bad takes in here hahaha

Yah. This did not age well.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(08-14-2020, 10:44 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

Ding ding ding. 

Everyone wants to piss on GM15 when the truth is much simpler.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-19-2020, 05:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 10:44 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Not with this defense and Wash

Ding ding ding. 

Wash and the D are the biggest part of it.  But Minshew flat out sucked Sunday.  To the point, I was wondering if he was “ok”.   Then I watched Rodgers stink it up.  So I’m chalking Sunday up for just a terrible day for Minshew.  I want him to be the franchise QB.  But I’m now starting to think otherwise.   If it were my call, I’d clean house top to bottom (Caldwell, perhaps keeping) keep the shew, let him compete with draft pick with new HC, OC and DC.  If Caldwell is kept, let him pick the coach.  Khan stay out of it.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2020, 06:46 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-26-2020, 05:23 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 04:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Meh, im much more concerned with our run D than our pass rush.  There is a reason we took a NT in the 3rd though and I still think we sign a vet whether it be snacks or bring back Darius.  We wont be a bottom 10 pass rush unit with Allen not to mention we just draft Chaisson and Yan is still on the team until he isnt.  Not to metion Smoot had his best season last year and Bryan just turned 24 had his potential is through the roof.

What about now?

(08-07-2020, 09:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: All depends on if we can stop the run or not.  I'm hoping we sign snacks or Darius and if Bryan takes the next step will be huge for us.  If we are decent against the run our D can easily be top half

Lol weird how we're stopping the run but it doesn't matter because our pass rush and secondary is so bad

28th against the run. The whole team has regressed, time for a clean sweep

1.  I also think that the defense is the biggest issue right now, though not the only issue.  The defense has made some plays but the offense failed to capitalize.

2.  The other big problem that I see is this offense isn't a high-paced offense built to come from behind or get into a shootout.  They need the running game.  I think the last few games showed that if an opponent gets up quick and contains the running game they will win.

3.  The team misses Lambo.  Refer to my first point as an example.  If the team can at least put up 3 points reliably they wouldn't fall so far behind so quickly.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-19-2020, 05:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 10:44 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Not with this defense and Wash

Ding ding ding. 

GM is missing dudes running wide open. He’s not the only issue but he is a big one.

(10-19-2020, 07:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 05:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ding ding ding. 

GM is missing dudes running wide open. He’s not the only issue but he is a big one.

Laughing
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(10-19-2020, 07:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 05:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ding ding ding. 

The only dudes running wide open are the defenders in his face.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Defense sucks and so does Minshew. They all are garbage and the record reflects that.

Cole is open more often than DJ