Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(09-28-2020, 01:33 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 11:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Fun fact. Joe Biden has been in political for 20% of the time our country has existed.

But this time he’s going to fix things.

Whichever way the election goes, things are gonna get way worse.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2020, 07:15 PM by Jags.)

(09-28-2020, 04:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 01:33 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: But this time he’s going to fix things.

Whichever way the election goes, things are gonna get way worse.

Will agree with this.  IMO, Biden will probably dies a few months in office and we have Harris taking the nation in a downward spiral.  Trump wins, the other half of the country will continue the violence.  I truly feel it’s a lose - lose.  I wasn’t around for the JFK assassination.  I wasn’t around while MLK was peacefully protesting.   I wasn’t around for the Nixon [BLEEP].  I wasn’t around for Vietnam.  But I feel that this is unprecedented territory.  I feel this is worse than all that.  For those older, I’d love to hear some insight on what you’re seeing now vs over years past.

Harris really wants to be president, Jill really wants to be first lady, Biden doesn't know where he is.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(09-29-2020, 07:17 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Harris really wants to be president, Jill really wants to be first lady, Biden doesn't know where he is.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
If Joe is senile, and Harris is gonna take over, then maybe new Yard signs?? Joe Mamma 2020?

It’s a stretch.  But there is a joke in there somewhere.

Question 4 for Mr Biden. I hear you have a pet goldfish. Can you tell us about him?

“Hang on, I’m hearing voices in my head.”

Nathaniel Nathaniel Nathaniel! Laughing

https://youtu.be/xWISyLpF8yg
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2020, 07:11 AM by The Real Marty.)

After a week in which it was revealed that Trump has paid very little in income taxes for the last 20 years, and Trump had a disastrous debate, and finally Trump's cavalier attitude toward mask wearing and social distancing caught up to him, it's hard to believe Trump will win the election.   Especially since in the weeks prior to this one, the polls are holding rock steady with Biden having a comfortable lead.  No matter what happens, no one is changing their mind.   Trump voters are locked in.  Anti-Trump voters are locked in.   Compared to the last election, there are very few undecided voters.  

30 days to go, and Trump is in the hospital for God knows how long.  And how many other people in the Trump campaign have caught it from Trump?  Once the sympathy the public is expressing wears off, people will be confronted with the obvious and unavoidable truth that Trump's arrogance put him in the hospital and endangered our national security.  

Trump has a chance, but time is running out.   Biden is flush with cash and just needs to run out the clock.  

I'm normally a very cautious person.  My sentences are usually sprinkled with "maybe, possibly, it looks like, it could be, it seems like..."  but I think the cake is baked.  

Which, given my track record of predictions, probably means it's not over, but I really think Trump's path to victory is getting more and more unlikely.

This will be my first year voting. I literally have no idea who to vote for. I'm not tied to any party.. I think both sides have good ideas as well as bad ones. I'm more concerned about voting for my local DA than the president. This is tough..

I have to vote for Trump. I don't like his personality, but the democrats have a dangerous extremist base. I wouldn't care if they were insignificant players, but their ideology is spreading. More concerning to me is the fact that I think a lot of the democratic donors have extreme ideas. This country needs reform, but the problem is not systemic overhaul.

(10-03-2020, 07:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: After a week in which it was revealed that Trump has paid very little in income taxes for the last 20 years, and Trump had a disastrous debate, and finally Trump's cavalier attitude toward mask wearing and social distancing caught up to him, it's hard to believe Trump will win the election.   Especially since in the weeks prior to this one, the polls are holding rock steady with Biden having a comfortable lead.  No matter what happens, no one is changing their mind.   Trump voters are locked in.  Anti-Trump voters are locked in.   Compared to the last election, there are very few undecided voters.  

30 days to go, and Trump is in the hospital for God knows how long.  And how many other people in the Trump campaign have caught it from Trump?  Once the sympathy the public is expressing wears off, people will be confronted with the obvious and unavoidable truth that Trump's arrogance put him in the hospital and endangered our national security.  

Trump has a chance, but time is running out.   Biden is flush with cash and just needs to run out the clock.  

I'm normally a very cautious person.  My sentences are usually sprinkled with "maybe, possibly, it looks like, it could be, it seems like..."  but I think the cake is baked.  

Which, given my track record of predictions, probably means it's not over, but I really think Trump's path to victory is getting more and more unlikely.

Sincerely,

Your devout Never Trumper

Tongue

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2020, 02:37 PM by mikesez.)

(10-03-2020, 07:37 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I have to vote for Trump. I don't like his personality, but the democrats have a dangerous extremist base. I wouldn't care if they were insignificant players, but their ideology is spreading. More concerning to me is the fact that I think a lot of the democratic donors have extreme ideas. This country needs reform, but the problem is not systemic overhaul.

If Biden wins, his agenda will be constrained by the median senator. Whatever it takes for Biden to get from 49 votes in the senate to 50, he will do. Just like Trump was constrained.  You'll see either gridlock or mushy half-measures.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-03-2020, 07:29 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: This will be my first year voting. I literally have no idea who to vote for. I'm not tied to any party.. I think both sides have good ideas as well as bad ones. I'm more concerned about voting for my local DA than the president. This is tough..

Keep in mind, there is not just two candidates in the race, despite only two being allowed at the debates. I'm voting Libertarian candidate Jo Jorgensen, because at the end of the day, I gotta be able to sleep at night. I did my research and her politics and platforms are closest to my own beliefs. As someone who is also not tied to any party, my advice would be to read all of the candidates platforms and decide which one is closest to your own. A quick google search on each candidates beliefs can clear up a lot of things. I highly doubt any of them will be 100% spot on to your own, but pick which one is most similar.

If Dan Crenshaw runs for POTUS in 2024, or whenever, I may have to consider voting for him. I watched him give a speech earlier at a #walkaway event in DC for the #unsilentmajority and he made me a believer. 

I'm Libertarian and vote as such but I'm with the guy here who said the democrats have people in their ranks who have extremist ideals. This is not our parents' and grandparents' Democrat party, this is a party that has been infiltrated by progressives who can't win on their own party ticket so they hijacked the Democrat party. They want nothing more to destroy the American way of life and if you don't believe me, look at 2020. 

I don't think blm and antifa folks care about politics but they care that the Dem leaders in DC didn't condemn their riots. They care enough to vote to keep those leaders in office so they can continue to burn cities to the ground, disrupt people eating at restaurants, march through residential neighborhoods at zero dark thirty screaming through bullhorns, etc. 

Are these the people you want in office? Leaders who let this happen? Who didn't speak up and condemn what is essentially domestic terrorism?

(10-03-2020, 04:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If Dan Crenshaw runs for POTUS in 2024, or whenever, I may have to consider voting for him. I watched him give a speech earlier at a #walkaway event in DC for the #unsilentmajority and he made me a believer. 

I'm Libertarian and vote as such but I'm with the guy here who said the democrats have people in their ranks who have extremist ideals. This is not our parents' and grandparents' Democrat party, this is a party that has been infiltrated by progressives who can't win on their own party ticket so they hijacked the Democrat party. They want nothing more to destroy the American way of life and if you don't believe me, look at 2020. 

I don't think blm and antifa folks care about politics but they care that the Dem leaders in DC didn't condemn their riots. They care enough to vote to keep those leaders in office so they can continue to burn cities to the ground, disrupt people eating at restaurants, march through residential neighborhoods at zero dark thirty screaming through bullhorns, etc. 

Are these the people you want in office? Leaders who let this happen? Who didn't speak up and condemn what is essentially domestic terrorism?

I’d vote for Crenshaw! A President with an eyepatch would be frickin awesome!

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2020, 08:07 PM by mikesez.)

(10-03-2020, 04:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 07:29 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: This will be my first year voting. I literally have no idea who to vote for. I'm not tied to any party.. I think both sides have good ideas as well as bad ones. I'm more concerned about voting for my local DA than the president. This is tough..

Keep in mind, there is not just two candidates in the race, despite only two being allowed at the debates. I'm voting Libertarian candidate Jo Jorgensen, because at the end of the day, I gotta be able to sleep at night. I did my research and her politics and platforms are closest to my own beliefs. As someone who is also not tied to any party, my advice would be to read all of the candidates platforms and decide which one is closest to your own. A quick google search on each candidates beliefs can clear up a lot of things. I highly doubt any of them will be 100% spot on to your own, but pick which one is most similar.

A third party vote indicates that you are either ignorant of how the electoral college works, or that you do not care which of the two major party candidates wins.
If you hate one of the two major party candidates less than the other, that's the candidate you should vote for, not the third party unicorn.
then you should go to your state legislators and your members of Congress and tell them that you want them to come up the process that will produce better candidates for you in the future.

(10-03-2020, 07:52 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 04:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Keep in mind, there is not just two candidates in the race, despite only two being allowed at the debates. I'm voting Libertarian candidate Jo Jorgensen, because at the end of the day, I gotta be able to sleep at night. I did my research and her politics and platforms are closest to my own beliefs. As someone who is also not tied to any party, my advice would be to read all of the candidates platforms and decide which one is closest to your own. A quick google search on each candidates beliefs can clear up a lot of things. I highly doubt any of them will be 100% spot on to your own, but pick which one is most similar.

A third party vote indicates that you are either ignorant of how the electoral college works, or that you do not care which of the two major party candidates wins.
If you hate one of the two major party candidates less than the other, that's the candidate you should vote for, not the third party unicorn.
then you should go to your state legislators and your members of Congress and tell them that you want them to come up the process that will produce better candidates for you in the future.

Or, since we’re in America, he can vote for whom ever he chooses.

(10-03-2020, 07:52 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 04:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Keep in mind, there is not just two candidates in the race, despite only two being allowed at the debates. I'm voting Libertarian candidate Jo Jorgensen, because at the end of the day, I gotta be able to sleep at night. I did my research and her politics and platforms are closest to my own beliefs. As someone who is also not tied to any party, my advice would be to read all of the candidates platforms and decide which one is closest to your own. A quick google search on each candidates beliefs can clear up a lot of things. I highly doubt any of them will be 100% spot on to your own, but pick which one is most similar.

I do understand the electoral college and I do not care which one of the two major candidates win. 

As for your second point, there is the problem. While I may hate Biden a little less than I hate Trump, I really do not believe Biden makes it another 4 years. He is looking bad and I do see a rapid decline in his mental proficiency. That guy makes a lot of gaffes and I wholeheartedly believe it is age related. With that said, here lies the problem. I loathe Kamala Harris. There is no way I will ever cast my vote for her in any office, ever. Biden lost my vote when he chose her as his running mate. I hate her every bit as much as I hate Trump. With the terrible choices we are now given I have to show my sheer disdain for the major party candidates by voting 3rd party. By the way, a 3rd party candidate (Jo Jorgensen) that I largely agree with, much more than I agree with either of the other 2 candidates. By voting 3rd party, I am showing my disapproval for this ridiculous 2 party system where Independent voters who do research on each individual candidate in each race and vote a non-biased mixed ticket, are completely ignored. If enough people start voting 3rd party, maybe we can finally be heard and we won't be relegated to voting for either the far right or extreme left.

(10-03-2020, 08:25 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 07:52 PM)mikesez Wrote: A third party vote indicates that you are either ignorant of how the electoral college works, or that you do not care which of the two major party candidates wins.

Or, since we’re in America, he can vote for whom ever he chooses.

Did I say he couldn't? I'm just saying what his vote would indicate to me.

(10-03-2020, 09:12 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 08:25 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Or, since we’re in America, he can vote for whom ever he chooses.

Did I say he couldn't? I'm just saying what his vote would indicate to me.

You’re telling him how he should vote.

(10-03-2020, 09:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 09:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: Did I say he couldn't? I'm just saying what his vote would indicate to me.

You’re telling him how he should vote.

And? Is this not the politics forum?