Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Vote nobody trump lost me today I’m done

(08-21-2020, 05:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 05:30 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Regarding your last sentence, one could also be in a state that’s dead red or dead blue where it doesn't matter what you do. Free to vote your conscience. 

Really, I doubt we'll ever see some third party candidate win a presidential election. The closest I've ever seen was Perot, and he only got close to 19%. It certainly won't be the Libertarian party. Too many people afraid of their own ox being gored.

Oh, you think I'm a Democrat. Are ever right about anything? 

Back to the subject, Trump's too moderate? In what way(s) exactly?

Far more frequently than you are.

I mean, why are you even in this section? It's not really to discuss politics, is it? You just defend Trump with every keystroke you can muster, insult anyone with a dissenting opinion, thump your chest and declare yourself the victor. How comically crude it all is.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-21-2020, 05:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 05:11 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: We mostly agree. That’s what I meant about "flavor of the day". 

But really, a candidate running for the executive branch of the federal government pitching the idea of defunding the police is silly, considering all state and local police departments are not under the federal government's purview. Sure, she could be thinking federal, like DEA, FBI, ATF, etc, but those agencies aren't who the "defund the police" crowd have a beef with. Really, it's just lip service. 

And on the subject of drugs, my take is the federal government shouldn't be involved in any way. Let the states decide. It's just one example of how the federal government is bloated and overgrown. So yes, if it's defund the DEA, I'm all for it.

Why aren't you voting for Trump again? Didn't you say in this very thread he's great for America? Maybe that was sarcasm? 

And more insults. Go, angry Trumper, go! There's some clouds to shout at.

It's ok little fella, we know your sore after your convention flopped. But take heart, this election will eliminate the Albatross Harris from running again in the future and that can only help your party. Plus now that they have to let him out of the basement maybe old Uncle Joe will come give you a sniff to perk you up.

And yes, Trump's been better for America than I expected he would, but what I really enjoy is how much he pisses of the left, it's terrific entertainment watching those people lose their minds every damn day. He's of course still too moderate for my tastes, so I'll vote Jorgenson in November, but in the meantime, boy is it fun to laugh at you.

Schadenfreude is a great way to make a funny movie, but it's a piss-poor way to pick a leader.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-21-2020, 05:49 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 05:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Far more frequently than you are.

I mean, why are you even in this section? It's not really to discuss politics, is it? You just defend Trump with every keystroke you can muster, insult anyone with a dissenting opinion, thump your chest and declare yourself the victor. How comically crude it all is.

I enjoy the banter with guys like you and Mikesez.

(08-21-2020, 05:56 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 05:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's ok little fella, we know your sore after your convention flopped. But take heart, this election will eliminate the Albatross Harris from running again in the future and that can only help your party. Plus now that they have to let him out of the basement maybe old Uncle Joe will come give you a sniff to perk you up.

And yes, Trump's been better for America than I expected he would, but what I really enjoy is how much he pisses of the left, it's terrific entertainment watching those people lose their minds every damn day. He's of course still too moderate for my tastes, so I'll vote Jorgenson in November, but in the meantime, boy is it fun to laugh at you.

Schadenfreude is a great way to make a funny movie, but it's a piss-poor way to pick a leader.

Agreed, hence my actual voting record. But once we lose the election there's still the silver lining of lefty butthurt to enjoy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2020, 09:17 PM by mikesez.)

(08-21-2020, 06:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 05:49 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: I mean, why are you even in this section? It's not really to discuss politics, is it? You just defend Trump with every keystroke you can muster, insult anyone with a dissenting opinion, thump your chest and declare yourself the victor. How comically crude it all is.

I saw a guy in a Jaguars shirt at Hollywood studios last Saturday and I thought of you. I was going to shout "Go Jags" as he walked by but I thought that would ruin the vibe of the star wars land. What sports do you suppose they watch on Batuu?

(08-21-2020, 06:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 05:49 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: I mean, why are you even in this section? It's not really to discuss politics, is it? You just defend Trump with every keystroke you can muster, insult anyone with a dissenting opinion, thump your chest and declare yourself the victor. How comically crude it all is.

Okay, fair enough.

At some point, you're going to have to realize there is a culture war going on. The left is using culture to change policies, control the narrative, and, ultimately, usher in a new system of government (if progressives get their way). Businesses are capitulating at a rapid rate. I don't want any American businesses to suffer, but they are adopting leftist talking points because they fear the cultural influence of the left. I have been wondering when there is going to be a pushback from conservatives. Until people from the opposite side stand up, the left will keep taking ground. Businesses should remain neutral politically, but, so far, they have largely only ever had consequences from the left, so the shift is one directional.

The problem is that the left doesn't rely on boycotts, but institutional power to put pressure on companies. We've all just gotten used to it. I don't think conservatives have ever shown the resolve to boycott in mass numbers or for extended lengths of time. Target is a great example. Americans are far too comfortable and greedy to actually inconvenience themselves to make a stand. They will forget about this in less than a month. The only real threat to business comes from the left and their ability to shape a narrative. Chick-fil-A is one of the few companies that withstood it, and even then they came out of it gun-shy.

(08-22-2020, 08:22 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: At some point, you're going to have to realize there is a culture war going on. The left is using culture to change policies, control the narrative, and, ultimately, usher in a new system of government (if progressives get their way). Businesses are capitulating at a rapid rate. I don't want any American businesses to suffer, but they are adopting leftist talking points because they fear the cultural influence of the left. I have been wondering when there  is going to be a pushback from conservatives. Until people from the opposite side stand up, the left will keep taking ground. Businesses should remain neutral politically, but, so far, they have largely only ever had consequences from the left, so the shift is one directional.

The problem is that the left doesn't rely on boycotts, but institutional power to put pressure on companies. We've all just gotten used to it. I don't think conservatives have ever shown the resolve to boycott in mass numbers or for extended lengths of time. Target is a great example. Americans are far too comfortable and greedy to actually inconvenience themselves to make a stand. They will forget about this in less than a month. The only real threat to business comes from the left and their ability to shape a narrative. Chick-fil-A is one of the few companies that withstood it, and even then they came out of it gun-shy.

Goya.

Pushback is there if it needs to be.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2020, 09:44 AM by Jagwired.)

You would think the left leaning public would be so disgusted at Trumps actions that they would rally around Goodyear much like the right did Goya. You would think Goodyear sales would explode.

The reason it didn't happen is the same reason the left is pushing so hard for mass mail in ballots. There is zero motivation in the base to get them off their couches to go vote. ( or buy tires)

The push back will occur in November.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-22-2020, 09:41 AM)Jagwired Wrote: You would think the left leaning public would be so disgusted at Trumps actions that they would rally around Goodyear much like the right did Goya. You would think Goodyear sales would explode.

The reason it didn't happen is the same reason the left is pushing so hard for mass mail in ballots. There is zero motivation in the base to get them off their couches to go vote. ( or buy tires)

People only buy tires a few times a decade. And they never buy more than four at a time. Beans are a little bit different.

(08-22-2020, 08:22 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: At some point, you're going to have to realize there is a culture war going on. The left is using culture to change policies, control the narrative, and, ultimately, usher in a new system of government (if progressives get their way). Businesses are capitulating at a rapid rate. I don't want any American businesses to suffer, but they are adopting leftist talking points because they fear the cultural influence of the left. I have been wondering when there  is going to be a pushback from conservatives. Until people from the opposite side stand up, the left will keep taking ground. Businesses should remain neutral politically, but, so far, they have largely only ever had consequences from the left, so the shift is one directional.

For sure, the left is winning the culture war, but it's been going like that for several decades.  Integration, women's rights, the sexual revolution, gay rights, gay marriage, legalization of marijuana, just to name a few.   These are all cultural changes coming from the left, and it's been happening over a long period of time.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2020, 12:30 PM by homebiscuit.)

(08-22-2020, 11:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

For sure, the left is winning the culture war, but it's been going like that for several decades.  Integration, women's rights, the sexual revolution, gay rights, gay marriage, legalization of marijuana, just to name a few.   These are all cultural changes coming from the left, and it's been happening over a long period of time.

Nice easy answer. That was the truly progressive aim of the party.  Now it's the comply or die treatment from the left. What we see today is not on par with the true struggles for equality in the past, which is to do exactly as they say and approve, or your livelihood and safety are in peril. Trump is right, they're more fascist than the people they accuse.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2020, 12:45 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(08-22-2020, 09:41 AM)Jagwired Wrote: You would think the left leaning public would be so disgusted at Trumps actions that they would rally around Goodyear much like the right did Goya. You would think Goodyear sales would explode.

I assume most younger Democrats drive on bald tires anyway and probably don't even maintain their cars properly.

Prove me wrong.

On a side note, just ordered a set of Michelin's for wife's car today. Guess it was my "few times a decade" time.

(08-22-2020, 07:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vuqy7G5Z4E

Marty, did you post a video of condemnation when the employees of Goya faced losing their jobs and their families going hungry? Just wondering.

(08-22-2020, 12:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-22-2020, 07:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vuqy7G5Z4E

Marty, did you post a video of condemnation when the employees of Goya faced losing their jobs and their families going hungry? Just wondering.

He said he has a post history condemning cancel culture. I haven't looked.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2020, 01:08 PM by mikesez.)

(08-22-2020, 12:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-22-2020, 11:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: For sure, the left is winning the culture war, but it's been going like that for several decades.  Integration, women's rights, the sexual revolution, gay rights, gay marriage, legalization of marijuana, just to name a few.   These are all cultural changes coming from the left, and it's been happening over a long period of time.

Nice easy answer. That was the truly progressive aim of the party.  Now it's the comply or die treatment from the left. What we see today is not on par with the true struggles for equality in the past, which is to do exactly as they say and approve, or your livelihood and safety are in peril. Trump is right, they're more fascist than the people they accuse.

The earlier victories were enforced too.
Politicians and other public figures who dissented about allowing interracial marriage or ending segregated schools had to repent or be de-platformed long ago.

The right is merely trying to hold its ground in the culture war.  The left is trying to change stuff.  The right wins when they can show that society, as it is, is only making rational and fair distinctions.  The left wins when they make society seem unfair or bigoted.

The marijuana wars still aren't over.  The gay wars have ended with near total victory for the left; conversion therapy is banned for kids in many areas.  The transgender wars are probably bogged down for a while.  I predict a bit of retrogression, where biological males will no longer compete in women's sports, but it's far from over.  There is retrogression on the abortion front, but, that war may never end.  

In my opinion, other than drug laws, it's pretty dumb to change your vote over this stuff.  We seem to elect congressmen and presidents who say the right things, but, the Court decisions don't seem to change.

(08-22-2020, 12:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I don't remember whether I did or not.  I hope I didn't.  I don't think I would avoid any brand just because the people to the left of me or the people to the right of me don't like it for some political reason.

(08-22-2020, 01:07 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-22-2020, 12:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Nice easy answer. That was the truly progressive aim of the party.  Now it's the comply or die treatment from the left. What we see today is not on par with the true struggles for equality in the past, which is to do exactly as they say and approve, or your livelihood and safety are in peril. Trump is right, they're more fascist than the people they accuse.

The earlier victories were enforced too.
Politicians and other public figures who dissented about allowing interracial marriage or ending segregated schools had to repent or be de-platformed long ago.

The right is merely trying to hold its ground in the culture war.  The left is trying to change stuff.  The right wins when they can show that society, as it is, is only making rational and fair distinctions.  The left wins when they make society seem unfair or bigoted.

The marijuana wars still aren't over.  The gay wars have ended with near total victory for the left; conversion therapy is banned for kids in many areas.  The transgender wars are probably bogged down for a while.  I predict a bit of retrogression, where biological males will no longer compete in women's sports, but it's far from over.  There is retrogression on the abortion front, but, that war may never end.  

In my opinion, other than drug laws, it's pretty dumb to change your vote over this stuff.  We seem to elect congressmen and presidents who say the right things, but, the Court decisions don't seem to change.

Good point, but how is not allowing biological males (bigger and stronger, no matter how much one "identifies") to compete against biological females in sports considered "retrogression"? It's downright unfair.

(08-22-2020, 01:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-22-2020, 12:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Marty, did you post a video of condemnation when the employees of Goya faced losing their jobs and their families going hungry? Just wondering.

I don't remember whether I did or not.  I hope I didn't.  I don't think I would avoid any brand just because the people to the left of me or the people to the right of me don't like it for some political reason.

Is there a fundamental difference boycotting a company because they advertise on Tucker Carlson' highly rated show versus boycotting a company over internal policies to silent conservatives?

Here here