Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Steve Bannon Arrested for Fraud

(08-21-2020, 11:17 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 01:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: When multi-year investigations probing Trump's every orifice expose nothing but waste, malfeasance and abuse of power by their own party, I guess the dems need all the red meat they can get.

Oh, really? I guess you missed the final report from the Republican led Senate Intelligence committee.

What I see is in depth investigation after the fact that showed some of these characters had ties to the Russian intelligence. Was any of the Trump campaign people aware of this at the time? What's missing is any proven intention to alter the election. If the findings are so damning, why isn't there a trial and conviction for collusion? You know, like the Mueller report proved. Too bad Hillary wouldn't turn over her hidden server and destroyed all those phones, we might have been able to learn more about the Russians. 

The fact remains, if any democrat were subjected to the same revenge/abuse of power investigations that Trump has endured, there would be an equal amount of unrelated and process crimes found. If you go digging deep enough anywhere in Washington, criminal activity is found. 

Meanwhile...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-22-2020, 10:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: This is the 7th Trump associate who has been indicted since he's been in office.   That might be an all time record.

Steve Bannon
Paul Manafort
Rick Gates
Roger Stone
Michael Flynn
Michael Cohen
George Papadopoulos

Then there's the list of people he's hired and fired, and don't any of you Trump fans wonder why this keeps happening?

Of the indicted crimes, how many were tied to Trump or any of his administrative policies? As I said before, you go digging for dirt on either side of the aisle you'll find it. Unfortunately the dems have made the choice to expend their energies obstructing Trump and trying to prove guilt by association. 

I know, I know, you only want to cast stones but not engage in a "fifty page" argument.

(08-22-2020, 12:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-22-2020, 10:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: This is the 7th Trump associate who has been indicted since he's been in office.   That might be an all time record.

Steve Bannon
Paul Manafort
Rick Gates
Roger Stone
Michael Flynn
Michael Cohen
George Papadopoulos

Then there's the list of people he's hired and fired, and don't any of you Trump fans wonder why this keeps happening?

Of the indicted crimes, how many were tied to Trump or any of his administrative policies? As I said before, you go digging for dirt on either side of the aisle you'll find it. Unfortunately the dems have made the choice to expend their energies obstructing Trump and trying to prove guilt by association. 

I know, I know, you only want to cast stones but not engage in a "fifty page" argument.

The crimes do not appear to be tied to the administration's new policies, with the possible exception of how they approach Russia and Russia's oligarchs.
But that Russia stuff probably doesn't affect our daily lives.
The thing is, the Trump administration did not really introduce many new policies that stuck. DACA is still with us. Obamacare is still with us. There is no wall. We haven't started any new wars. We haven't ended the wars we have. one of the reasons that the Democrats in Congress are expending so much effort with investigations, is that they know any legislative action they try will be vetoed, meanwhile, the Republicans are not really trying any legislative action either. even when they had both houses of Congress, all they could pass was a tax cut.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-22-2020, 01:15 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-22-2020, 12:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Of the indicted crimes, how many were tied to Trump or any of his administrative policies? As I said before, you go digging for dirt on either side of the aisle you'll find it. Unfortunately the dems have made the choice to expend their energies obstructing Trump and trying to prove guilt by association. 

The crimes do not appear to be tied to the administration's new policies, with the possible exception of how they approach Russia and Russia's oligarchs.
The thing is, the Trump administration did not really introduce many new policies that stuck. DACA is still with us. Obamacare is still with us. There is no wall. We haven't started any new wars. We haven't ended the wars we have. one of the reasons that the Democrats in Congress are expending so much effort with investigations, is that they know any legislative action they try will be vetoed, meanwhile, the Republicans are not really trying any legislative action either. even when they had both houses of Congress, all they could pass was a tax cut.

That's pure conjecture. Trump has stated he would work with Congress but the dems have forced the House into stasis.  The problems doesn't lie entirely with the left, but since they hold the majority and their leaders have expressed outright contempt for Trump, they bear the burden.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2020, 01:52 PM by The Real Marty.)

(08-22-2020, 12:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Steve Bannon
Paul Manafort
Rick Gates
Roger Stone
Michael Flynn
Michael Cohen
George Papadopoulos

I had a feeling you were going to hit me with that last sentence.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2020, 05:11 PM by mikesez.)

(08-22-2020, 01:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-22-2020, 01:15 PM)mikesez Wrote: The crimes do not appear to be tied to the administration's new policies, with the possible exception of how they approach Russia and Russia's oligarchs.

That's pure conjecture. Trump has stated he would work with Congress but the dems have forced the House into stasis.  The problems doesn't lie entirely with the left, but since they hold the majority and their leaders have expressed outright contempt for Trump, they bear the burden.

Republicans still control the Senate. 
The house has passed a respectable quantity of stuff actually, at least when they first came to power, but what's supposed to happen is that the Senate is supposed to bring up a bill on the same topic, and then the two houses are supposed to reconcile the differences between the two.
But that never happened and now the house seems to have given up on legislating. The Senate starting in 2019 never did their job in the first place, from what I can tell.

(08-22-2020, 12:24 AM)JackCity Wrote: Has anyone seen Stroud crowd? I'd be asking for a refund if I was him

In all seriousness, where is StroudCrowd?  I can't see a recent post of his.  I do hope everything is OK.

(08-22-2020, 06:37 PM)captivating Wrote:
(08-22-2020, 12:24 AM)JackCity Wrote: Has anyone seen Stroud crowd? I'd be asking for a refund if I was him

In all seriousness, where is StroudCrowd?  I can't see a recent post of his.  I do hope everything is OK.

Oh he's still active. Just avoiding this thread for some reason....

Picture me using my Allen Iverson voice talking about Steve Bannon.

The best part of this story is imagining the reaction of the rubes that hate brown people so much they sent money into this scheme, only to realize they just funded the party habits of Ron White's moronic doppelganger.

I had a buddy that contributed to this. He tried to encourage me to do it, too. No thanks.

Steve Bannon is an interesting character. There are certain issues where I really appreciate what he is bringing to the discussion. I have never trusted him, though, but that's me by nature. Don't trust most people in the political world. I seriously doubt Steve Bannon is an outlier. I think it's too tempting for most people to get into that world and not realize they can take advantage of ordinary people.

(08-23-2020, 02:08 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: The best part of this story is imagining the reaction of the rubes that hate brown people so much they sent money into this scheme, only to realize they just funded the party habits of Ron White's moronic doppelganger.

Why does wanting a sovereign state equate with hating brown people?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2020, 09:25 PM by mikesez.)

(08-23-2020, 03:08 PM)copycat Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 02:08 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: The best part of this story is imagining the reaction of the rubes that hate brown people so much they sent money into this scheme, only to realize they just funded the party habits of Ron White's moronic doppelganger.

Why does wanting a sovereign state equate with hating brown people?

As a matter of principle, there is no necessary connection. As a matter of repeatedly observed overlapping pathology, there's not an equivalence but a strong correlation.

(08-23-2020, 04:08 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 03:08 PM)copycat Wrote: Why does wanting a sovereign state equate with hating brown people?

As a matter of principle, there is no necessary connection. As a matter of reputedly observed overlapping pathology, there's not an equivalence but a strong correlation.

No, there is merely your bias at work.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato