Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Republican National Convention

(08-24-2020, 10:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Don Jr just called Biden the Loch Ness monster of the swamp. Painfully accurate.

You've not been to Scotland have you? Loch Ness is beautiful. Its certainly not a swamp.

I thought you guys didnt have Royal Families, half of Trumps speakers are his own family!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-25-2020, 10:45 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 10:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Don Jr just called Biden the Loch Ness monster of the swamp. Painfully accurate.

You've not been to Scotland have you? Loch Ness is beautiful. Its certainly not a swamp.

I thought you guys didnt have Royal Families, half of Trumps speakers are his own family!

I have been to Scotland several times also as our honeymoon to play golf. I understand a swamp is not a loch, but it was just funny.

(08-25-2020, 10:45 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:

It wasn't a reference to the Loch (just call it a lake like everyone else! lol)...

It's a reference to the monster... just a myth. He's never done anything in the swamp to get this kind of attention... but hey, lots of idiots believe in him.

Metaphors are fun.

(08-25-2020, 11:24 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 10:45 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: You've not been to Scotland have you? Loch Ness is beautiful. Its certainly not a swamp.

It wasn't a reference to the Loch (just call it a lake like everyone else! lol)...

It's a reference to the monster... just a myth. He's never done anything in the swamp to get this kind of attention... but hey, lots of idiots believe in him.

Metaphors are fun.
He also is rarely seen outside of his basement, just like nessie is rarely seen and only in far away grainy pictures.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(08-25-2020, 11:21 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 10:45 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: You've not been to Scotland have you? Loch Ness is beautiful. Its certainly not a swamp.

I have been to Scotland several times also as our honeymoon to play golf. I understand a swamp is not a loch, but it was just funny.

Ah, I get you, you drain the swamp stuff. Cool.

That's damn impressive with your trips too.

(08-24-2020, 10:28 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Herschel Walker was awesome though.

I'm from the deep south - I know racism. And I take it as a personal insult when people say that a man I've been friends with for 37 years is a racist.

The writer probably used Obama's DNC Speech like Melania did in 2015 using Michelle's speech from 2011.

According to analysis of the first night it appears that independents are pretty much leaning with the GOP.  It's really not surprising.  There is a huge contrast between the democrat message and the republican message.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2020, 02:30 PM by p_rushing.)

(08-25-2020, 02:22 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: According to analysis of the first night it appears that independents are pretty much leaning with the GOP.  It's really not surprising.  There is a huge contrast between the democrat message and the republican message.

It's more than that. CBS has shown their own poll with Trump having a 10 point lead with independents. I think that will continue to grow. That 10 point lead was during sometime last week or even before the conventions started.

(08-25-2020, 02:16 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 10:28 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Herschel Walker was awesome though.

I'm from the deep south - I know racism. And I take it as a personal insult when people say that a man I've been friends with for 37 years is a racist.

The writer probably used Obama's DNC Speech like Melania did in 2015 using Michelle's speech from 2011.

Or Herschel wrote it himself... is that inconceivable to some?

I don't wanna call that a racist sentiment... but if anyone else said a black man didn't have the ability to write his own stuff... well....

(08-25-2020, 02:45 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 02:16 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The writer probably used Obama's DNC Speech like Melania did in 2015 using Michelle's speech from 2011.

Or Herschel wrote it himself... is that inconceivable to some?

I don't wanna call that a racist sentiment... but if anyone else said a black man didn't have the ability to write his own stuff... well....

Wow ..... now you are looking for things .... THE WRITER COULD HAVE BEEN HERSHEL OR SOMEONE ELSE JUST LIKE THE WRITER 4 YEARS AGO COULD HAVE BEEN MELANIA OR SOMEONE ELSE.   Now if Melania wants to claim that she's responsible for plagiarism so be it.  Just saying' .. and no, I'm not racist against Slovenians either.

(08-25-2020, 03:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 02:45 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Or Herschel wrote it himself... is that inconceivable to some?

Wow ..... now you are looking for things .... THE WRITER COULD HAVE BEEN HERSHEL OR SOMEONE ELSE JUST LIKE THE WRITER 4 YEARS AGO COULD HAVE BEEN MELANIA OR SOMEONE ELSE.   Now if Melania wants to claim that she's responsible for plagiarism so be it.  Just saying' .. and no, I'm not racist against Slovenians either.

Triggered, fascist?

Welcome to the world of conservatism.  Wink

See what I did there?

The naturalization ceremony was powerful.

(08-25-2020, 08:24 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 03:28 AM)captivating Wrote: Awesome speech by Kimberly Guilfoyle.

You are just jealous Donny Jr is bringing that Latina fire out of her. Your candidates son hooks up with his brothers widow and impregnates hookers and leaves them with child support.

Actually not jealous at all, and I am not a Dem.  

My comment was genuine.  The speech was brilliant.  Have read the negative comments about it and I disagree.  I loved the passion and enthusiasm Kimberley showed.  It's exactly what we need to see.

The irony in someone like Bette Midler who only speaks one language saying Melania still can't speak English.... so unintentionally funny the uneducated ignorant left is.

(08-26-2020, 09:03 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The irony in someone like Bette Midler who only speaks one language saying Melania still can't speak English.... so unintentionally funny the uneducated ignorant left is.

I think the last time Bette was relevant was when Jerry Seinfeld hit her with a softball in 1995.

It is really sad when D listers try to boost their career bashing the Trump family.

Bette Midler is worth $230 million and will go on to make $150,000 per week when she headlines Broadways hit play Hello Dolly.

Like her or not, she's extremely successful and must still have it since her 1979 hit -- The Rose.

To be honest, I thought she was only doing The View ..... which I really don't care for either.

I've never understood the credence people give entertainers. For some reason they believe because they're famous that they are somehow more intelligent and insightful, when in fact they're paid monkeys. Actors do nothing more than stand in front of a camera and recite lines someone else wrote for them and in a manner in which someone else tells them to while getting as many chances as needed to get it right. What other occupation offers that kind of mindless latitude? They literally PRETEND for a living.

Don't listen to them. When you react, they gain credibility.

(08-26-2020, 09:43 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Bette Midler is worth $230 million and will go on to make $150,000 per week when she headlines Broadways hit play Hello Dolly.

Like her or not, she's extremely successful and must still have it since her 1979 hit -- The Rose.

To be honest, I thought she was only doing The View ..... which I really don't care for either.

Is that your first make out song in the 6th grade?

Watched the RNC for the first time tonight. It's much better produced than the DNC, imo.