Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1 vs Indy

(08-31-2020, 08:45 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Now that Fournette is gone.... we are definitely mailing it in on Week 1 to indy

How does releasing Fournette make us worse?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-31-2020, 09:10 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 08:45 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Now that Fournette is gone.... we are definitely mailing it in on Week 1 to indy

We have lost our running threat to keep defenses even remotely honest.

We lost 76 catches from last year.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-31-2020, 09:20 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:10 AM)Dimson Wrote: How does releasing Fournette make us worse?

Quit spewing facts Wink

While true, he wasn't really a threat. They needed different types of RBs for this offense to work. Guys need to get out in space and be quick, make people miss in 1 on 1, etc.

(08-31-2020, 09:25 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:20 AM)Bullseye Wrote: We have lost our running threat to keep defenses even remotely honest.

While true, he wasn't really a threat. They needed different types of RBs for this offense to work. Guys need to get out in space and be quick, make people miss in 1 on 1, etc.

I don't think Fournette really fits Gruden's offense. Also maybe a back stepped up and made Fournette expendable?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(08-31-2020, 09:53 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:25 AM)p_rushing Wrote: While true, he wasn't really a threat. They needed different types of RBs for this offense to work. Guys need to get out in space and be quick, make people miss in 1 on 1, etc.

I don't think Fournette really fits Gruden's offense. Also maybe a back stepped up and made Fournette expendable?

This is what I'm curious about. Did Saturday's scrimmage reveal/confirm some longstanding beliefs?

I agree that losing Fournette doesn't particularly make us worse. We were bad, we still are bad.

Throwing out fournette's numbers from last year doesn't exactly move the needle either, I honestly believe most RBs in the league could put up similar numbers given the extremely high usage he had. He is an average RB who isn't part of our long term future, and Ozigbo, Armstead and Robinson all now have a chance to step up and prove themselves in the league.

Don't get wrong, this team is a joke. But Fournette being cut doesn't particularly change how I feel about them in the long or short term.

Frustrating we couldn't at least get a ham sandwich for him tho.

(08-31-2020, 09:25 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:20 AM)Bullseye Wrote: We have lost our running threat to keep defenses even remotely honest.

It makes us much worse because we don't have any "talented" RBs with the skillset that you noted

(08-31-2020, 10:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:53 AM)Dimson Wrote: I don't think Fournette really fits Gruden's offense. Also maybe a back stepped up and made Fournette expendable?

This is what I'm curious about. Did Saturday's scrimmage reveal/confirm some longstanding beliefs?

Even if it did, the Friday before Sunday's game this player WILL slip on a banana peel and go on IR for season.

Thompson and Shenault getting those receptions now will be extremely +EV compared to Fournette.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2020, 11:56 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-31-2020, 09:10 AM)Dimson Wrote:

Because as limited as he was, his backups are significantly worse. We are now a one dimensional offense. Defenses will key in on that and focus mainly on stopping the passing game and it's gonna put a lot more pressure on Minshew to make plays. If we had a single RB on our roster who I thought could be a premier RB, I'd be fine with the move, but we have a bunch of "nobodies."

(08-31-2020, 11:20 AM)Upper Wrote:

Thompson and Shenault getting those receptions now will be extremely +EV compared to Fournette.

I don't count on Thompson to do much of anything. He's gonna be 30 in October and seems to get injured year after year after year. He's played one full 16 game schedule in his entire professional career.

The Colts are an improved team and should completely run away with the division. I think we get absolutely throttled. I'm gonna say the final is......

Colts 37
Jags 23

Josh Allen is going to put Rivers out of his misery, our inexperienced DB's feed off of Rivers because he starts seeing ghosts in the shape of Josh Allen and K'lavon Chaisson. Minshew Mania makes chicken Salad out of chicken [BLEEP] and we win the game 20-17

(08-31-2020, 12:07 PM)JaguarWC Wrote: Josh Allen is going to put Rivers out of his misery, our inexperienced DB's feed off of Rivers because he starts seeing ghosts in the shape of Josh Allen and K'lavon Chaisson.  Minshew Mania makes chicken Salad out of chicken [BLEEP] and we win the game 20-17

Where'd you get those rose colored glasses? Allen has no one opposite him to take the pressure off. He's gonna face constant double teams. He's an extremely talented guy, but his stats are gonna fall, (by no fault of his own.) I see 7-8 sacks for him this year.

Wonder what the collective mindset will be if the Jaguars beat the Colts?

(08-31-2020, 04:43 PM)JW Wrote: Wonder what the collective mindset will be if the Jaguars beat the Colts?

It's not impossible; and Week 1 is when teams are truly gelling, especially with the wacky offseason we had. So alot of games are either closer then you think or complete blowouts. No in between.

Colts 48 - Jaguars 38

I'm guessing Week 1 will be ugly, but we will get better as the season moves forward.

Colts 33  Jaguars 13
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(08-31-2020, 11:05 AM)JagJohn Wrote: I agree that losing Fournette doesn't particularly make us worse. We were bad, we still are bad.

Kind of like the 400 pound dude eating a dozen Crispy Creme donuts, it really didn't make him that much fatter as he was really fat to begin with.

(08-31-2020, 04:45 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 04:43 PM)JW Wrote: Wonder what the collective mindset will be if the Jaguars beat the Colts?

It's not impossible; and Week 1 is when teams are truly gelling, especially with the wacky offseason we had. So alot of games are either closer then you think or complete blowouts. No in between.

Agree. Got no idea what to expect teams to look like week 1. I think your right with how games go and I think the early weeks will be who makes the least mistakes rather than the best team.