Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1 vs Indy

24-17 Jags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

clots D wasn't much better than ours last year. 19th vs 21st overall.
Shoot out, last team with the ball is winning.

Jags win BIG!!! 42-10. Old man rivers wonders why he did not retire.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-01-2020, 12:17 PM)Kane Wrote: clots D wasn't much better than ours last year. 19th vs 21st overall.

We lost Calais, Yannick, and Bouye. They gained Buckner and Rhodes (I know Rhodes wasn't good last year).

(09-01-2020, 01:28 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-01-2020, 12:17 PM)Kane Wrote: clots D wasn't much better than ours last year. 19th vs 21st overall.

We lost Calais, Yannick, and Bouye. They gained Buckner and Rhodes (I know Rhodes wasn't good last year).

I feel this, BUT, I went back and watched some highlights of Smoot and Allen last year, and they were getting home at times. 

The pass rush won't be as good this year, but I certainly can't see it being 2009 level of basement.

(09-01-2020, 01:28 PM)Upper Wrote:

Bouye wasn't very good last year, I mean he wasn't trash but I remember fans grumbling about how he was done and Herndon got worked early on after Ramsey's debacle but really came on better as the season progressed... Yannick will be missed I won't deny that but I suspect more Allen kinda makes that a wash.
Campbell was slowing and while he was still very good last season, I doubt he keeps fending off father time... We beefed up our LBs and added some pieces to the DL that certainly don't EQUAL what we lost but shouldn't be season sinking differences. Smoot really started to come on last season. Allen is gonna get tons of time and will be a star. Taven and Hamilton are gonna surprise on the inside of the line I think.

I'm not saying our D is going to be good mind you. I just think the run D won't be AS bad as last year and the pass D will probably be similar. We'll be able to get to the QB enough with guys like Allen and Chaisson but won't be a D anyone fears. So unless the clots adding Buckner boosts them from 19th overall to top ten, I'm not scared.

I think our offense takes a huge step forward though. I like the scheme as it fits our QB, our OL, and our outside weapons. I think we strike fast and often and can even use the short passing game to supplement the run game that is likely to take a hit (or at least take a back seat in the offense as compared to years before).
I think early in the season while teams are getting used to playing real football we could see a lot of shootouts in a lot of games. I think early in the season is when we could gain some steam as an offense.

(09-01-2020, 12:24 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Jags win BIG!!! 42-10. Old man rivers wonders why he did not retire.

Never change!! Needed this.

Jags 27-20, Hey a guy can dream right, that possible right. I say so. We need something after this crap offseason.

The O is better than most think and the D is not as bad as most say. Start rollin jags, f the national media!!

(09-01-2020, 02:32 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-01-2020, 01:28 PM)Upper Wrote: We lost Calais, Yannick, and Bouye. They gained Buckner and Rhodes (I know Rhodes wasn't good last year).

I feel this, BUT, I went back and watched some highlights of Smoot and Allen last year, and they were getting home at times. 

The pass rush won't be as good this year, but I certainly can't see it being 2009 level of basement.

I feel the same, but maybe a bit more optimistic. I think Smoot has a year and Bryan noticeably improves. Also, lots thinking Henderson is already bad/will struggle may be right early on, but I think by week 10 the secondary will put some solid games together for us. I really feel like if everything goes as best it can for this team, we could hit 10 wins. Our division is very winnable.

(09-02-2020, 10:37 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(09-01-2020, 02:32 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I feel this, BUT, I went back and watched some highlights of Smoot and Allen last year, and they were getting home at times. 

Also, lots thinking Henderson is already bad/will struggle may be right early on, but I think by week 10 the secondary will put some solid games together for us. I really feel like if everything goes as best it can for this team, we could hit 10 wins. Our division is very winnable.

I agree. Last season Herndon was getting burned left and right but by October he was playing much better and people were trashing Bouye more than Herndon. Herndon ended up grading out quite nicely by season's end. I don't suspect he's gonna be trash this year and with Henderson he'll be slow to come along maybe but I think most people just banging on him are mostly gator haters. He's a legit cover corner and should do fine. And we should know immediately with him facing off against TY Hilton, AJ Brown, and AJ Green in 3 of 4 first matchups. Probably not solely but by late November I could see him shadowing JuJu and OBJ.

38-17 CLOTS Sad

Jags 20 - Clots 17

Is it gonna be raining come game time?

Jags defense has improved. Campbell, boyue and yannick were here last year and we sucked.

Schobert in MLB
Jones at safety
Henderson and Chaisson provide a much needed talent at those positions.

Jack at WLB
The vets we signed for DT and bryan.

I think we can be a serviceable unit. We don't need to be great jist enough to allow our offense to score points.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2020, 12:03 AM by surfon.)

(09-11-2020, 09:20 PM)icey14 Wrote: Jags defense has improved.  Campbell, boyue and yannick were here last year and we sucked.  

Schobert in MLB
Jones at safety
Henderson and Chaisson provide a much needed talent at those positions.

Jack at WLB
The vets we signed for DT and bryan.

I think we can be a serviceable unit.  We don't need to be great jist enough to allow our offense to score points.

Not bashing but remind me what vets we signed at dt that are on the roster today?

(09-11-2020, 08:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Is it gonna be raining come game time?

Raining jaguar tds yep i like that forecast.

Timmy Jernigan
Adam Gotsis

Also rookie hamilton.

Gotsis is apparently very good against the Run.

I expect it to be the start of a long and ugly season hope I’m wrong but I have no faith Ieft
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Rivers is gonna carve us up

He is gonna set another record like most TD or passing yards in his first start as a Colts QB or something ridiculous like that

(09-12-2020, 05:17 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Rivers is gonna carve us up

He is gonna set another record like most TD or passing yards in his first start as a Colts QB or something ridiculous like that

Bs