Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lost all faith in Bortles

Quote:except audibling into run plays for 5 yard losses and the pick to Lee, he played alright against the Packers.

I'm still waiting for some proof about these audibles for 5 yard losses.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As usual, a great thread.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Tony Romo will be on the block, we make the move for him. He has better mechanics and can read defenses. His body should be healed after a year off from football, and maybe have one good year left in him for a Super Bowl run. We got the weapons on the outside, we just need a real NFL QB, not a college spread offense qb who cant read defenses and has a baseball windup.

Brokeback Romo would last one passing play behind our line. What you're smoking, send it to me.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I'm no expert in proper football throwing mechanics or footwork so I won't waste time commenting about it. I have watched the games closely though and I've observed that Blake will too often 'stare down' his intended target. Doing this probably does help the opponents with pass coverage.

I've also observed that compared to last season he seems somewhat less 'settled' when passing; that is to say. he seems too indecisive... even downright nervous at times. Given that he's had people like Luke Joeckel to protect his blind side, I can't say I blame him for being nervous at times... but seeming to be indecisive is a bad sign in a third year player. Does he lack confidence in himself or in his teammates... or perhaps a combination of both?

He has excellent receivers, so they can't be the issue themselves. However, given their success last season they are no longer getting single coverage so they are no longer the easy target they once were. We have good running backs, but they need better blocking to establish the running game. If we can establish the running game it will undoubtedly help 'open up' a better passing game too.

So by all appearances, it seems like Blake has 'regressed' in certain areas. Perhaps he feels under pressure to try to produce that 'winning season' and is trying to do too much himself. Perhaps he realizes how poor the o-line has been (especially the left side) and is feeling 'that' pressure too. Perhaps he just wasn't prepared to see his favorite passing targets getting double coverage so consistently. Perhaps he just needs to learn to throw the ball away sometimes rather than take a sack or a turnover or needless punishment to himself.

...Perhaps. The thing is, we don't know what all may be involved in this. Let's hope that things can come together real quick and our offense can start to get more established.

I agree with you on the getting nervous part, and I don't know why, but I get the impression that it has nothing to do with him getting hit, we saw his reaction and fire when the colts d-line was trying to rough him up. I don't think blake is afraid of getting hit at all, which is a total opposite of gabberts extra scared [BLEEP].

Imo I think he's nervous because he doesn't want to throw picks and he's 2nd guessing what he's seeing in coverages. He realizes how much is on the line, coupled with the level of talent we have, he doesn't want to be the reason we fail drive to drive and game to game.

What impressed me was in the colts game, instead of pressing and forcing a pass into bad coverage like he's done before, he used his super underrated athleticism and tucked the ball and picked up positive yards. It's kinda crazy how just getting consecutive positive plays leads to confidence and it just permeates the whole offense. The line opened up some pretty decent running lanes and the corners had to come up and respect the run leading to open recievers.

So that's all that needs to happen, blake needs to keep taking those positive plays, no matter how pedestrian, and keep his confidence up.

If he plays that way, 9-7, or 10-6 become legitimately realistic goals.
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

Quote:I agree with you on the getting nervous part, and I don't know why, but I get the impression that it has nothing to do with him getting hit, we saw his reaction and fire when the colts d-line was trying to rough him up. I don't think blake is afraid of getting hit at all, which is a total opposite of gabberts extra scared [BAD WORD REMOVED].

Imo I think he's nervous because he doesn't want to throw picks and he's 2nd guessing what he's seeing in coverages. He realizes how much is on the line, coupled with the level of talent we have, he doesn't want to be the reason we fail drive to drive and game to game.

What impressed me was in the colts game, instead of pressing and forcing a pass into bad coverage like he's done before, he used his super underrated athleticism and tucked the ball and picked up positive yards. It's kinda crazy how just getting consecutive positive plays leads to confidence and it just permeates the whole offense. The line opened up some pretty decent running lanes and the corners had to come up and respect the run leading to open recievers.

So that's all that needs to happen, blake needs to keep taking those positive plays, no matter how pedestrian, and keep his confidence up.

If he plays that way, 9-7, or 10-6 become legitimately realistic goals.

Absolutely agree.. little and often.. if you keep the ball, the opposition can't have it.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

His mechanics are so bad

Shake n Blake

Watching Bortles lead this offense at this point is becoming just like it was watching Gabbert and then Henne. Absolutely no confidence that he can get the job done and just some comically bad QB play.

So what QB should we draft next year? Or from FA?

Gotta start like looking in the draft

Kizer or Watson?

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Shocking how it went this bad so quickly