Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lost all faith in Bortles

Quote:Want to bet? His agent is my uncle. They have offer on the table NOW. It's only up to the league deadline now.

What's the point of putting an offer on the table 1 year before it can even be signed? The odds it will reflect the player's value when he can actually sign it is very slim. Nah, I don't buy it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Want to bet? His agent is my uncle. They have offer on the table NOW. It's only up to the league deadline now.

Uncle Rico?

Quote:Bortles was offered an extension last offseason. Most people don't know that. He declined because he wanted to see an improvement in winning. I honestly do NOT believe Blake will resign here. He will go to a big time franchise with a real coach. Blake is a VERY hard worker and wants the franchise to WANT to win. They have shown ZERO ability to do that since he's been there.

Are you being serious?

I mean it's possible you do know him. What type of money was offered.

Does Blake understand its all about the money?

Quote:Bortles was offered an extension last offseason.

LOL

If you had any credibility, it would be officially lost with that blatantly fabricated gem. ^  

Ryan Fitzpatrick is having a worse day

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Yup. They don't realize it. He's 2nd in NFL in TD passes last year with Gus Bradley. Imagine if he had a head coach, o line, and running game.
Obviously this is an effort in futility since you are as biased as anyone I have ever seen, but I'll play along.

Why is he so much worse this year? He already proved he was ELITE and BEST AGE 24 SEASON ever despite how horrible his situation was last year. Nothing has changed, in fact it's only gotten better. 

He's a year more experienced, he has another season of continuity in the same offense, his oline is significantly better, the defense is significantly better, and the running game certainly isn't worse. So why is Blake so much worse?

Quote:The biggest problem is he does not know where to go with the football
I would say that's a flaw in his game.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

If it makes anyone feel any better.... Carson Palmer threw 4 int's today.... it didn't??? oh well... Wallbash

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

I'm going to tell you exactly what I saw today. Sitting in section 104, when Blake threw his last interception. He immediately turned towards the locker room tunnel and ran inside like the little [BLEEP] he is.

If the leader of my team can't accept defeat on his behalf then he needs to [BLEEP] go.

I really hope I wasn't the only one who saw this...Blake couldn't even be a man and stay around to shake hands. That's [BLEEP] elementary.

Quote:Are you being serious?

I mean it's possible you do know him. What type of money was offered.

Does Blake understand its all about the money?

Serious. Blake understands it's a business but he's as competitive as they come. He wants to win A LOT more than Gus Bradley and Shad Khan do. I'll tell you that.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2016, 08:09 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:Obviously this is an effort in futility since you are as biased as anyone I have ever seen, but I'll play along.

Why is he so much worse this year? He already proved he was ELITE and BEST AGE 24 SEASON ever despite how horrible his situation was last year. Nothing has changed, in fact it's only gotten better.

He's a year more experienced, he has another season of continuity in the same offense, his oline is significantly better, the defense is significantly better, and the running game certainly isn't worse. So why is Blake so much worse?
Blake won't properly be judged until the Jags get a real head coach. Gus Bradley is a special teams coach. Bortles learned 10x more from his UCF coaches when he brought that school to #9 in the country beating two top ten teams than he has learned from Jags coaches. Olson has helped a little but Gus is a joke.

Gus is good at clapping though.

Quote:Bortles was offered an extension last offseason. Most people don't know that. He declined because he wanted to see an improvement in winning. I honestly do NOT believe Blake will resign here. He will go to a big time franchise with a real coach. Blake is a VERY hard worker and wants the franchise to WANT to win. They have shown ZERO ability to do that since he's been there.

You don't know anything about the current CBA, do you?

Bortles wasn't offered an extension that he declined last offseason. You're simply manufacturing a story to push your narrative. You don't have a clue, and that's pretty obvious from this claim.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Blake won't properly be judged until the Jags get a real head coach. Gus Bradley is a special teams coach. Bortles learned 10x more from his UCF coaches when he brought that school to #9 in the country beating two top ten teams than he has learned from Jags coaches. Olson has helped a little but Gus is a joke.

Can we use the flip side of the coin and say Bortles had a good year under the Gus staff last year. Where is the line between what is on Gus and what is on Bortles.

Quote:What's the point of putting an offer on the table 1 year before it can even be signed? The odds it will reflect the player's value when he can actually sign it is very slim. Nah, I don't buy it.

They're not even permitted to talk about it until the end of his third season under the current CBA.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:You don't know anything about the current CBA, do you?

Bortles wasn't offered an extension that he declined last offseason. You're simply manufacturing a story to push your narrative. You don't have a clue, and that's pretty obvious from this claim.

I don't need to prove myself to you. I do know that Blake and other Jags are tired of this fraud coaching staff. Like I said, Blake most likely won't be here for long. Doubtful Allen Robinson is either. It's a terrible run franchise.

Quote:I don't need to prove myself to you. I do know that Blake and other Jags are tired of this fraud coaching staff. Like I said, Blake most likely won't be here for long. Doubtful Allen Robinson is either. It's a terrible run franchise.
I don't require you to prove anything. Your claim that they offered an extension last offseason that he rejected is all the proof I require to know you're speaking out of your posterior.

Bortles is under contract through next year, and the team has a fifth year option they can activate. Again, keep trying to tell us all the behind the scenes stuff you know. It's all crap.

It's amazing. His mechanics may be worse than his rookie year, he's lost his aggressive mindset, and still can't read a defense.

I believed in the improvement I saw last year. Now I really don't know what to think. These problems don't seem like things that get fixed mid season. Now I have to wonder if they'll ever be fixed.

Quote:Blake won't properly be judged until the Jags get a real head coach. Gus Bradley is a special teams coach. Bortles learned 10x more from his UCF coaches when he brought that school to #9 in the country beating two top ten teams than he has learned from Jags coaches. Olson has helped a little but Gus is a joke.

This didn't answer my question though. Why was last year's Blake ELITE and this year's Blake so putrid? All of the variables surrounding Blake are the same or better. 

Quote:whole team is worse than Garbage. clean house

Tyrone Holmes was the only decent player we had in camp this year.

Quote:This didn't answer my question though. Why was last year's Blake ELITE and this year's Blake so putrid? All of the variables surrounding Blake are the same or better.

Because he's 24 years old Sherlock on the worst team in the NFL. 24 year olds are always up and down. Heck, Luck is 27 and he's up and down.