Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lost all faith in Bortles

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2016, 08:33 PM by haveaseat.)

Quote:Because he's 24 years old Sherlock on the worst team in the NFL. 24 year olds are always up and down. Heck, Luck is 27 and he's up and down.

Then how can we fairly blame Gus and the staff instead of these growing pains from just being young as you suggest? How do we know it's all Gus?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Spacecraft, how much was Bortles offered by your uncle?

Quote:Spacecraft, how much was Bortles offered by your uncle?

Haha! Space craft

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2016, 08:41 PM by Caldrac.)

LOL. Everyone on here is blaming Bortles. Yet, overlooking the fact that he's been the teams leading rusher for the past two games. Today he was tied with Yeldon with 17 yards on the ground....

You guys are a joke. He's been the most sacked QB since 2014. And he's had the worst or 2nd to worst rushing offense to support him since 2014.

The only thing painful to watch is the flat out disrespect the linebackers had today when we tried to run a play action fake. And then the lineman give up back to back sacks in critical situations where he had no pocket to climb up to buy time.

Until they find a solid core of five capable lineman who can actually create running lanes instead of setting the offense back into 2nd and long situations basically allowing our opponents to tee off on him he's going to struggle.

I'm done with this coaching staff. I'm done with this fickle fan base. I'm done with this message board.

This team is 12 - 39 under this current regime. There's more problems than you think. And to put it on one of the few bright spots we have. A guy who just started his 33rd career start. It's pretty petty.

Bye.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Can't get the run game going and that's what is hurting our offense. Can't run PA or open up the pass, teams don't respect our ground game.

Quote:Bye.

Later.
I'm back been two years.

;

;

;

I'm not ready to give up on Blake but you aren't being objective if you think he played great today. He was pretty bad again. He has regressed. Now wether that's his fault or not is up for debate but he bad some pretty big mistakes out there.

Quote:Can't get the run game going and that's what is hurting our offense. Can't run PA or open up the pass, teams don't respect our ground game.

But sometimes you have to throw to open the run. We are not a smash mouth team anymore. Our talent doesn't not dictate that. We are a chunk yardage, run and gun team. The coaching can't keep calling run, run then he has to convert a 3rd and 10 everytime

Quote:But sometimes you have to throw to open the run. We are not a smash mouth team anymore. Our talent doesn't not dictate that. We are a chunk yardage, run and gun team. The coaching can't keep calling run, run then he has to convert a 3rd and 10 everytime

I agree, but Blake always crunches under pressure and can never start hot. He needs plays to be made around him before he gets going.

Bortles is looking worse and worse every week. Maybe he turns it around, but since I don't believe the Jaguars are allowed to be successful, I doubt it.

Quote:I agree, but Blake always crunches under pressure and can never start hot. He needs plays to be made around him before he gets going.

If that's the case then he isn't the guy...

Quote:Right now, Bortles looks like Jerrard 2.0. He's not trusting himself, and the end result is costly sacks and interceptions. Painful to watch.

Exactly. It's strange how much his confidence has just taken a hit these past two weeks. It also doesn't help that he has had 0 help in the run game. I think BB is getting too intellectual about it, when his instincts take over he's magic

Quote:Because he's 24 years old Sherlock on the worst team in the NFL. 24 year olds are always up and down. Heck, Luck is 27 and he's up and down.

Stop making excuses for him. 'Elite' in 2015? How about a rickety garbage time stats collecting fluke, against some historically banged up teams if you're willing to be objective.... go re-watch if you like. I wanted him to succeed more than anyone, and tried to buy into it. Warned everyone last year it still looked like fools gold to me and was worried. You just can't hide from his poor mechanics, resulting in regular bad throws and ducks, under/over/batted/late. They were there when we drafted him, and still flagrantly obvious today. Compound those physical facts with still inexplicably staring down receivers and regular head scratching bad decisions, and you have a lethal mix.

Bad coaching? Absolutely, probably horrible, but BB is also a huge liability right now. Caldwell has a lot of skin here too, having hitched his wagon to BB and GB, not to mention the bust with Joke. Blake has the right "look", but hasn't been able to overcome his inadequacies to be a franchise qb. It ain't gonna happen at this point. Let's not waste any more time kidding ourselves, we've already been horrible too long. As for "inept", I'd argue that's a fan that's blinders are SO thick as to not demand we make comprehensive changes needed to fix this steaming pile of crap, including the qb we all desperately wanted to be "the man".

The way he's going he's going to lead the league in interceptions.

We really need to get the running game going. But our offensive line/playcalling sucks so the RBs can't seem to get anything going
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Bortles is the suxors , yeah, sure is.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

His throwing motion is no bueno. I don't even know who I'm watching anymore.

There was one pass in the 1st quarter where he had a hitch worse than Charles Barkley's golf swing. I just don't think he's gonna survive 3 years of of this type of coaching.

They showed a close up of the int that was tipped. The ball had yaw coming in. It was spinning on the wrong axis for crying out loud!!!

That's an alarming turn of events. I just don't know what these coaches are doing with our players monday through Saturday... But I have a feeling that it could be considered mal practice.

Quote:The point is he sucked, he knew he sucked, and instead of maning up he decides to run away like a kid who takes his ball after getting beat.

I can appreciate that the game means something to him, he was frustrated, and had the guts to say he had no interest in watching them take a knee.

Quote:Really? Flacco has been worse than Bortles recently. You just don't know football.

Uummmm,, no.

Bortles has been flat awful the past 2 weeks in a row. It's been the worst play we've seen from him yet.

All QBs have bad games. Last week, I just wrote that off to one of those games for BB. but now, two weeks in a row looking dreadful. It's worrisome.

Hope he shakes it off pretty soon.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2016, 10:23 PM by SamusAranX.)

Quote:LOL. Everyone on here is blaming Bortles. Yet, overlooking the fact that he's been the teams leading rusher for the past two games. Today he was tied with Yeldon with 17 yards on the ground....

You guys are a joke. He's been the most sacked QB since 2014. And he's had the worst or 2nd to worst rushing offense to support him since 2014.

The only thing painful to watch is the flat out disrespect the linebackers had today when we tried to run a play action fake. And then the lineman give up back to back sacks in critical situations where he had no pocket to climb up to buy time.

Until they find a solid core of five capable lineman who can actually create running lanes instead of setting the offense back into 2nd and long situations basically allowing our opponents to tee off on him he's going to struggle.

I'm done with this coaching staff. I'm done with this fickle fan base. I'm done with this message board.

This team is 12 - 39 under this current regime. There's more problems than you think. And to put it on one of the few bright spots we have. A guy who just started his 33rd career start. It's pretty petty.

Bye.
I will genuinely miss you, and that's not sarcasm. I always appreciated your well reasoned posts

The only thing i`m worried about is him losing his confidence. I didn`t like him throwing the last pick but then running right to the locker room why the rest of the team stayed on the field isn`t a good look to me. 

[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]