Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Harrison Traded To Browns

(09-03-2020, 03:07 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Marrone and Caldwell sure don't act like guys who have to win now to save their jobs.

They act like guys that were told they will be back for 2021. Especially, Caldwell.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-03-2020, 03:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 03:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote: You need live contact to really gauge Safety play... There's been no preseason games and no real hitting.. I don't buy that one bit.
I mean its not that hard to believe.  Hes been balling at practice and dude was a 2nd round pick, higher drafted than Harrison so the talent is there.  Harrison hasn't showed much at all here
A 2nd round pick who got cut (after only 2 seasons) by the Packers who were desperately in need of safety help... Their Secondary was terrible and they still cut him.. Not a ringing endorsement..

(09-03-2020, 03:07 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Marrone and Caldwell sure don't act like guys who have to win now to save their jobs.

I'm really starting to fear Khan told them that this season is a wash anyway with COVID and him not being able to make money on the gate/concessions so they get a pass. Especially since they didn't really get a real offseason to prepare a young team. That's the only way it makes sense to allow them to completely revamp the team in their image.

[Image: file.png]

(09-03-2020, 03:09 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 03:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He isn't a world beater by any means, but he was our best Safety in a group that was already the weakest position group on the team.

I'm listening to 1010xl, and Hays Carlyon is saying Harrison got beat out in camp and wasn't going to start.

I don’t trust that “got beat out in camp” bs reports

(09-03-2020, 03:44 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote:

I'm really starting to fear Khan told them that this season is a wash anyway with COVID and him not being able to make money on the gate/concessions so they get a pass. Especially since they didn't really get a real offseason to prepare a young team. That's the only way it makes sense to allow them to completely revamp the team in their image.

This looks like the case, logically and rationally.

There’s a good chance Lawrence doesn’t declare. I think even if Minshew plays well , we’ll still draft a QB with our first pick. I think Jags have learned from their mistakes. Keep Minshew for a year and then trade him. I mean I want Minshew, I believe he’s going to be a great QB. I think he’s just going to have to prove himself constantly.

Oh no, another player with a familiar name has been traded. Tanking!

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2020, 04:03 PM by The Real Marty.)

(09-03-2020, 03:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Oh no, another player with a familiar name has been traded. Tanking!

As long as they don't trade Fred Taylor, I'm good.

(09-03-2020, 04:00 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 03:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Oh no, another player with a familiar name has been traded. Tanking!

As long as they don't trade Fred Taylor, I'm good.

He was released...like Fournette! Tanking!

Very well put. Losing Harrison is barely going to be noticeable on the field but it's just another drop in the bucket.

https://twitter.com/denny_thompson/statu...4008469504

I'm not gonna miss his emotional meltdowns and wild swings at opposing players.

(09-03-2020, 04:04 PM)Upper Wrote: Very well put. Losing Harrison is barely going to be noticeable on the field but it's just another drop in the bucket.

https://twitter.com/denny_thompson/statu...4008469504

Lmao!!!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

This one surprised me.

(09-03-2020, 03:48 PM)jaglyn Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 03:09 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm listening to 1010xl, and Hays Carlyon is saying Harrison got beat out in camp and wasn't going to start.

I don’t trust that “got beat out in camp” bs reports

Well I mean he did...¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Quote: Another stand-out in the Jaguars' secondary: Josh Jones. The former 2017 second-round pick stuffed Ozigbo at the line of scrimmage in team drills and let out a roar. He has drawn praise by name from head coach Doug Marrone throughout camp.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/mobile/ar...8fe4838d74

Quote: Josh Jones
Quote:One of Jacksonville's fiercest training camp battles might be at the backup safety spots, in part because of how much Josh Jones has stood out in practice. Jones, a former second-round pick in the 2017 NFL Draft by the Green Bay Packers (No. 61 overall) quietly signed with the Jaguars this offseason, and he so far has looked like one of the most impressive defensive backups on the team, showing off the potential that made him a second-round pick just a few years ago.
[font=georgia, serif]Jones has been a force against the run, even if the Jaguars are not tackling to the ground. He has flown downhill with missile-like speed, getting some impressive run fits to stop plays in the box, including one run stop on Thursday that drew claps from his teammates and defensive coordinator Todd Wash. In coverage, it is clear Jones has a lot to offer in terms of range and athleticism. He may have been overlooked this offseason, but he is making a serious case to make the final roster. [/font]

[font=georgia, serif]https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/5-no...ining-camp[/font]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-03-2020, 03:44 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote:

This was a given as soon as he said he was bringing them back for this season.

we have to cut down to 53 by Sat. dont be suprised if they are trading some ppl to get more pics instead of just cutting them. Reports were he would be a back up behind jones. Makes since to get a draft pick for him.

(09-03-2020, 04:29 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: we have to cut down to 53 by Sat. dont be suprised if they are trading some ppl to get more pics instead of just cutting them. Reports were he would be a back up behind jones. Makes since to get a draft pick for him.

Only other surprise I would guess could be Dede. Colin Johnson and Terry Godwin has gotten raving camp reports as well and with Shenault in play at the slot, he may be the odd man out as I don’t see them keeping 7.  

Chark
Conley
Shenault 
Cole
Johnson
Dede
Godwin
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-03-2020, 03:52 PM)MojoKing Wrote: There’s a good chance Lawrence doesn’t declare. I think even if Minshew plays well , we’ll still draft a QB with our first pick. I think Jags have learned from their mistakes. Keep Minshew for a year and then trade him. I mean I want Minshew, I believe he’s going to be a great QB. I think he’s just going to have to prove himself constantly.

Why do you think Trevor Lawrence is it going to declare for next year's draft?
[Image: giphy.gif]

Tanking for Trevor Lawrence