Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Harrison Traded To Browns

(09-03-2020, 04:35 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 04:29 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: we have to cut down to 53 by Sat. dont be suprised if they are trading some ppl to get more pics instead of just cutting them. Reports were he would be a back up behind jones. Makes since to get a draft pick for him.

Only other surprise I would guess could be Dede. Colin Johnson and Terry Godwin has gotten raving camp reports as well and with Shenault in play at the slot, he may be the odd man out as I don’t see them keeping 7.  

Chark
Conley
Shenault 
Cole
Johnson
Dede
Godwin

I could definitely see Dede or Cole being moved. Both of them are FAs after this season. A team like the 49ers has been shredded with WR injuries this camp.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Harrison wasn’t going to start so this is actually a good move.

Ok, I'm now convinced it's a tank job. What the absolute hell did they trade for Joe Schobert for then? If it is a tank why go get him?

(09-03-2020, 03:40 PM)D6 Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 03:07 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Marrone and Caldwell sure don't act like guys who have to win now to save their jobs.

They act like guys that were told they will be back for 2021. Especially, Caldwell.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

(09-03-2020, 06:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 03:40 PM)D6 Wrote: They act like guys that were told they will be back for 2021. Especially, Caldwell.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

Seriously how is this not a win now situation??? What in the world is going on? 

I'm really starting to think Shad either has no idea what he's doing or he's only in this for money and just does not care about actually winning. These do not seem like moves of a winning football team.

What a freaking disaster.

As a Jag fan since 95 that lives in Louisville.... what the hell is going on? If they trade Josh Allen, I will personally know the front office are a bunch of troglodytes. Harrison was also drafted 3rd round.. I know people are saying "at least we got something for him".... we didn't even get a 3rd round pick... it is a 5th.

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2020, 06:11 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-03-2020, 04:35 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 04:29 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: we have to cut down to 53 by Sat. dont be suprised if they are trading some ppl to get more pics instead of just cutting them. Reports were he would be a back up behind jones. Makes since to get a draft pick for him.

Only other surprise I would guess could be Dede. Colin Johnson and Terry Godwin has gotten raving camp reports as well and with Shenault in play at the slot, he may be the odd man out as I don’t see them keeping 7.  

Chark
Conley
Shenault 
Cole
Johnson
Dede
Godwin

Personally, I think Dede is as good as gone. Either by cutting or via a trade.

(09-03-2020, 04:51 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 03:52 PM)MojoKing Wrote: There’s a good chance Lawrence doesn’t declare. I think even if Minshew plays well , we’ll still draft a QB with our first pick. I think Jags have learned from their mistakes. Keep Minshew for a year and then trade him. I mean I want Minshew, I believe he’s going to be a great QB. I think he’s just going to have to prove himself constantly.

Why do you think Trevor Lawrence is it going to declare for next year's draft?

If the Jaguars have the #1 pick, I bet he stays.

If it’s true that he wasn’t going to start, I’m ok with it. But this feels like a full rebuild and tank job for a qb that may not even leave for the draft this year. And who’s to say he’s not gonna be another gabbert for us; if we even draft him. SUUNNNNSSSHHHIINNNNEEEEEE! This franchise has had enough rebuilds..... can we please just start being competitive consistently... gezus. Who’s ready for some football??? Smile
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2020, 06:15 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-03-2020, 06:09 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 06:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

Seriously how is this not a win now situation??? What in the world is going on? 

I'm really starting to think Shad either has no idea what he's doing or he's only in this for money and just does not care about actually winning. These do not seem like moves of a winning football team.

I've been saying that.

Why wasn't Jarrod Wilson traded? He had a lot more missed assignments than Harrison and Harrison had several.

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2020, 06:58 PM by knarnn.)

(09-03-2020, 05:59 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Harrison wasn’t going to start so this is actually a good move.

Bingo

https://twitter.com/apmarklong/status/13...11521?s=21

(09-03-2020, 06:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 06:09 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Seriously how is this not a win now situation??? What in the world is going on? 

I've been saying that.

Why wasn't Jarrod Wilson traded? He had a lot more missed assignments than Harrison and Harrison had several.

There’s a pretty good chance he may be cut. The safety battle has probably been the most competitive on the team.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2020, 07:03 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Soooooooo, another [BLEEP] draft pick by Caldwell?

If David Caldwell were my financial advisor, I'd be selling oranges under an overpass by now, if I were lucky.

I don't have the energy to dig through this thread, but I imagine the usual suspects are praising him for pulling a 5th round pick for a guy he drafted in the 3rd round 2 years ago "because he wasn't going to start."

Man, I really am starting to believe the Khans are just trying to really piss the fans off and create a rift between the organization. I hope Khan realizes that people arent dumb, just because you move doesn't change your absolutely terrible track record as an owner. I love the Jags, but objectively if I were a player, I'd dodge JAX like the plague.

The only explanation to the recent moves are acquiring as much draft capital as humanly possible for a new GM/HC next year.

It is the only reasonable explanation. Letting David Caldwell use this draft capital is unfathomable.

(09-03-2020, 08:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The only explanation to the recent moves are acquiring as much draft capital as humanly possible for a new GM/HC next year.

It is the only reasonable explanation. Letting David Caldwell use this draft capital is unfathomable.

Also a new beginning. Kahns gonna do like what the Colts did at baltimore.  Moving trucks will suddenly appear in front of the stadium a couple of weeks after the season is over.

Recd more for RH than LF; that’s crazy.
This is going to be an epically bad team.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time mustering up any kind of care about this one.

Folks really griping about a below average safety trade? The Jags have given us plenty of legit reasons to question their moves but this ain't one of them.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Everyone only cares because he is a name. He wasn't going to start.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(09-04-2020, 09:00 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Folks really griping about a below average safety trade? The Jags have given us plenty of legit reasons to question their moves but this ain't one of them.

(09-04-2020, 09:13 AM)Dimson Wrote: Everyone only cares because he is a name. He wasn't going to start.

Bingo.

(09-03-2020, 09:14 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Recd more for RH than LF; that’s crazy.
This is going to be an epically bad team.

Because LF wasn't even worth a 7th rounder to any team in the NFL. He is that bad. Terrible, terrible running back. Thanks Coughlin.