Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fotu vs Hamilton

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 01:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Dave has had a history of picking the wrong player at a position.  Most of this board wanted Fotu, some wanted Hamilton.  The 2nd and 3rd NT drafted this year.  Reports of both players looking good.  Looking back now, and how the draft fell how would your first 3 rounds look?  I think Dave made all the right picks this year.  Got the best corner in the draft imo, the 2nd best edge rusher, Laviska has the potential to be the best WR in the draft and I think its close between Foku and Hamilton as the 2nd best NT behind Brown

https://www.deseret.com/platform/amp/spo...google.com

I wanted Winfield in the 2nd but the Shenault is the right pick because its best for Minshew and we don't need 4 rookies starting on D. I feel Wilson takes another step this year as he is a veteran now and his 2nd year starting

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 01:06 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

A true number 1 corner will help this team more than one of the tackles that were available imo like Wills or Becton

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 01:18 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

9.-Wills
20.- Trade up for Lamb or Jeudy
42.-Cam Akers (if we knew we were gonna release 3nette)
73.- Trade up for Kris Fulton

(09-07-2020, 01:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A true number 1 corner will help this team more than one of the tackles that were available imo like Wills or Becton

A true #1? maybe he will become that but I doubt he gets close to playing like that his rookie year.

In a season when we are supposed to find out if Minshew is the answer or not you should give him the tools, if he fails those tools stay for your next QB.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 01:50 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-07-2020, 01:15 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: 9.-Wills

(09-07-2020, 01:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A true number 1 corner will help this team more than one of the tackles that were available imo like Wills or Becton

A true #1? maybe he will become that but I doubt he gets close to playing like that his rookie year.

In a season when we are supposed to find out if Minshew is the answer or not you should give him the tools, if he fails those tools stay for your next QB.

With the additions of Shenault and Eifert I think our offense will be a good bit improved.  If you have to invest in all your high draft picks for your QB to succeed he isnt the answer.  Teams would put up 40 points a game if that was our draft.

Starting a rookie RT at LT isnt the best way to help Minshew succeed, not to mention passing up a top 2 corner in the draft. And if we traded up like you say it would of cost us our 2nd or 3rd round pick.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 01:56 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Shenaukt in the 2nd is much better value than to trade up for Lamb or Jeudy imo. Injuries are the only reason he fell to the 2nd

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 02:25 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(09-07-2020, 01:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 01:15 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: 9.-Wills

With the additions of Shenault and Eifert I think our offense will be a good bit improved.  If you have to invest in all your high draft picks for your QB to succeed he isnt the answer.  Teams would put up 40 points a game if that was our draft.

Starting a rookie RT at LT isnt the best way to help Minshew succeed, not to mention passing up a top 2 corner in the draft.  And if we traded up like you say it would of cost us our 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Both guys have had injury problems.
Wills can start at either position and I think he is gonna play LT for the Browns. But yeah better let Cam play LT since he is been so good at it.
Our 3rd to move from 20 to 16? maybe, our 2nd? nope. Anyway we had Yan too instead of draft picks so those trades were doable. 

"If you have to invest in all your high draft picks for your QB to succeed he isnt the answer" seriously?

Sure give him a crappy O-line, a bunch of nobodies at RB and TE's that have trouble staying healthy or have no experience, he should get the job done otherwise he sucks.  Rolleyes

With or without all our rookies this Defense is gonna suck.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-07-2020, 02:24 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 01:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: With the additions of Shenault and Eifert I think our offense will be a good bit improved.  If you have to invest in all your high draft picks for your QB to succeed he isnt the answer.  Teams would put up 40 points a game if that was our draft.

Starting a rookie RT at LT isnt the best way to help Minshew succeed, not to mention passing up a top 2 corner in the draft.  And if we traded up like you say it would of cost us our 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Both guys have had injury problems.
Wills can start at either position and I think he is gonna play LT for the Browns. But yeah better let Cam play LT since he is been so good at it.
Our 3rd to move from 20 to 16? maybe, our 2nd? nope. Anyway we had Yan too instead of draft picks so those trades were doable. 

"If you have to invest in all your high draft picks for your QB to succeed he isnt the answer" seriously?

Sure give him a crappy O-line, a bunch of nobodies at RB and TE's that have trouble staying healthy or have no experience, he should get the job done otherwise he sucks.  Rolleyes

With or without all our rookies this Defense is gonna suck.
The health is definitely a concern but Eifert was healthy for a whole season last year.  From reports it might be good we didn't waste a high draft pick on a RB if James Robinson is as good as he looks in practice.  He dominated in college he just went against lesser competition.

(09-07-2020, 12:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Dave has had a history of picking the wrong player at a position.  Most of this board wanted Fotu, some wanted Hamilton.  The 2nd and 3rd NT drafted this year.  Reports of both players looking good.  Looking back now, and how the draft fell how would your first 3 rounds look?  I think Dave made all the right picks this year.  Got the best corner in the draft imo, the 2nd best edge rusher, Laviska has the potential to be the best WR in the draft and I think its close between Foku and Hamilton as the 2nd best NT behind Brown

I wanted Winfield  in the 2nd but the Shenault is the right pick because its best for Minshew and we don't need 4 rookies starting on D.  I feel Wilson takes another step this year as he is a veteran now and his 2nd year starting

I love your optimism and can't disagree on the 1st 4 picks. However, if I had to deviate I'd take Clyde Edwards-Helaire instead of Chaisson. Chaisson seems like a true boom or bust pick and wasn't that productive in college. Edwards-Helaire would have likely been an unpopular choice by the media and fans. He is perfect for Gruden's offense and would give Minshew a chance to succeed. It's hard to see that with the current stable of running backs. Edwards-Helaire, Shennault and Eifert would give the offense a chance to succeed if Minshew is the "real deal." 

The defense is going to be horrible this year with or without Chaisson, so they could address this position with their 2nd 1st rounder next season. Someone like Carlos Basham would be a great addition. He doesn't have the burst of a Chaisson, but he is more well rounded and less of a potential bust. Adding Trevor Lawrence to this offense might finally turn this team into winners and no longer be the laughing stock of the league. Even if Minshew plays well, he can't be compared to a talent like Lawrence.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 03:07 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

1. Tristan Wirfs, OT/OG, Iowa
1. Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
2. Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota
3. DaVon Hamilton, NT, Ohio State

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 03:11 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-07-2020, 02:52 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 12:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Dave has had a history of picking the wrong player at a position.  Most of this board wanted Fotu, some wanted Hamilton.  The 2nd and 3rd NT drafted this year.  Reports of both players looking good.  Looking back now, and how the draft fell how would your first 3 rounds look?  I think Dave made all the right picks this year.  Got the best corner in the draft imo, the 2nd best edge rusher, Laviska has the potential to be the best WR in the draft and I think its close between Foku and Hamilton as the 2nd best NT behind Brown

I wanted Winfield  in the 2nd but the Shenault is the right pick because its best for Minshew and we don't need 4 rookies starting on D.  I feel Wilson takes another step this year as he is a veteran now and his 2nd year starting

I love your optimism and can't disagree on the 1st 4 picks. However, if I had to deviate I'd take Clyde Edwards-Helaire instead of Chaisson. Chaisson seems like a true boom or bust pick and wasn't that productive in college. Edwards-Helaire would have likely been an unpopular choice by the media and fans. He is perfect for Gruden's offense and would give Minshew a chance to succeed. It's hard to see that with the current stable of running backs. Edwards-Helaire, Shennault and Eifert would give the offense a chance to succeed if Minshew is the "real deal." 

The defense is going to be horrible this year with or without Chaisson, so they could address this position with their 2nd 1st rounder next season. Someone like Carlos Basham would be a great addition. He doesn't have the burst of a Chaisson, but he is more well rounded and less of a potential bust. Adding Trevor Lawrence to this offense might finally turn this team into winners and no longer be the laughing stock of the league. Even if Minshew plays well, he can't be compared to a talent like Lawrence.
I agree the Chaisson is a boom or bust pick but the reason the production wasn't there is because of his ACL tear.  He was coming off of it last year and really came on at the end of the season and gave Lawrence hell in the championship game.

(09-07-2020, 03:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 1. Tristan Wirfs, OT/OG, Iowa

We could of gotten Johnson in the 2nd if we are looking back now

(09-07-2020, 03:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 02:52 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I love your optimism and can't disagree on the 1st 4 picks. However, if I had to deviate I'd take Clyde Edwards-Helaire instead of Chaisson. Chaisson seems like a true boom or bust pick and wasn't that productive in college. Edwards-Helaire would have likely been an unpopular choice by the media and fans. He is perfect for Gruden's offense and would give Minshew a chance to succeed. It's hard to see that with the current stable of running backs. Edwards-Helaire, Shennault and Eifert would give the offense a chance to succeed if Minshew is the "real deal." 

I agree the Chaisson is a boom or bust pick but the reason the production wasn't there is because of his ACL tear.  He was coming off of it last year and really came on at the end of the season and gave Lawrence hell in the championship game.

(09-07-2020, 03:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 1. Tristan Wirfs, OT/OG, Iowa

Looking back, yeah but he was still my highest rated player at that point. I had him as my #2 overall CB behind Okudah.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 09:45 PM by Upper.)

1. Wirfs
1. Ruiz
2. Winfield Jr., but I'm not upset with Laviska
3. Jordan Elliott, I think Hamilton would have been there in the 4th round and Elliott was the only player PFF graded as top 10 in both pass rush and run defense.

1. CJ Henderson
1. K'Lavon Chaisson
2. Laviska Shenault
3. Davon Hamilton

Championship!!
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(09-07-2020, 05:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 03:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I agree the Chaisson is a boom or bust pick but the reason the production wasn't there is because of his ACL tear.  He was coming off of it last year and really came on at the end of the season and gave Lawrence hell in the championship game.

Looking back, yeah but he was still my highest rated player at that point. I had him as my #2 overall CB behind Okudah.

All the talk you had about Henderson being such a bad tackler lol

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1305205527820095489?s=20

Forrest Lamp!

Hamilton looked pretty good in his first nfl game.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(09-14-2020, 04:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 05:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Looking back, yeah but he was still my highest rated player at that point. I had him as my #2 overall CB behind Okudah.

All the talk you had about Henderson being such a bad tackler lol

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1305205527820095489?s=20

Johnson did make a bad mistake there, but other than that, he had a very good game. He had 6 tackles and 2 passes defended, including one against Marvin Jones which preserved the victory for the Bears. His play drew praise from his coaches.