Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I guess we see why Fournette was cut...

Now one game doesn’t make a career, but I hope this performance will show people, and quite frankly, this organization, spending big money or valuable assets on running backs is a waste. Can find them anywhere.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We all owe whichever coach's wife it was in Dilla's podcast story that urged the coach to call Robinson as a UDFA a round or two. She's the real MVP.

(09-13-2020, 08:36 PM)NCJag Wrote: Remember that Steelers game where LF waived on contact from Mike Mitchell? What happened to THAT guy?

“The Hurdle” is already etched itself into Jaguars lore...

The irony of that play was that after LF invited Mike Mitchell to take him on, Mitchell made a perfect tackle.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(09-13-2020, 09:42 PM)Upper Wrote: We all owe whichever coach's wife it was in Dilla's podcast story that urged the coach to call Robinson as a UDFA a round or two. She's the real MVP.

X2
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

I also have to say that fournette was my favorite player but Robinson is looking specifically spectacular. He had me jumping up and down punching my friends today

I'm happy but I gotta see a couple more games

Good players often flash early, and Robinson did exactly that. Robinson’s vision alone will make him a decent back. Obviously, it’s too early to know how good he’ll be but Im confident he’ll be far better than Fournette ever was.

Well fournette kind of sucks and this kid actually has some vision. Not a fair comparison really.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(09-13-2020, 08:00 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: It always felt like Fournette would go down easier than he should.  

This used to always drive me crazy about him. Athletic attributes off the charts, except balance. He just didn't have elite level balance it seemed. Robinson has super balance. Look at that hurdle, two guys actually him and he still stayed up.

I was thinking his balance was noticeably better than 4nets just from watching his college highlights but wasn't sure it'd translate over to the NFL but it did. He's not easy to bring down.

Robinson looked great and would have had over 100 yards rushing if not for the holding call. He looked gassed near the and of the first half but he clearly gained his second wind in the 4th. Now everyone knows the real reason Fournette was cut.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(09-13-2020, 04:30 PM)rfc17 Wrote: For the first time in his life Minshew really has a RB that will find an open lane and break a tackle.

days like these I really miss our +1 button.

(09-14-2020, 02:59 AM)Dimson Wrote: Robinson looked great and would have had over 100 yards rushing if not for the holding call. He looked gassed near the and of the first half but he clearly gained his second wind in the 4th. Now everyone knows the real reason Fournette was cut.

Yeah, looks like we need a second guy to take a few snaps on early down. Surprised we didn't see more of Thompson yesterday to help out, and we should get Armstead back at some point. Is DO on the IR for the year or just a few games?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-14-2020, 11:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 02:59 AM)Dimson Wrote: Robinson looked great and would have had over 100 yards rushing if not for the holding call. He looked gassed near the and of the first half but he clearly gained his second wind in the 4th. Now everyone knows the real reason Fournette was cut.

Yeah, looks like we need a second guy to take a few snaps on early down. Surprised we didn't see more of Thompson yesterday to help out, and we should get Armstead back at some point. Is DO on the IR for the year or just a few games?

I don't think they have to designate them until they are able to practice again, so Ozigbo should be able to return. 

this is from May, 2020:

Quote:© Designated Free Activation from Reserve Injured and Reserve NonFootball Injury/Illness. During each season a team will be permitted to return three players from either the Reserve/Injured or the Reserve/NonFootball Injury/Illness List to its 53-player Active/Inactive List. Such players must have suffered a major football-related injury or non-football related injury or illness (defined as an injury that renders the player physically unable to practice or play football for a period of at least six weeks [42 calendar days] from the date that the injury or illness occurred) after reporting to training camp and must have been placed on the applicable Reserve List after 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the day after the final roster reduction. A player who is eligible to return must be noted as “Designated for Return” on the first day that he returns to practice.

There's also Ogunbawale - and then Cottrell on the PS.

Just to put it into perspective: JR really isn't special I don't think. He's an average RB.

It's just that we had such a one dimensional RB the last 3 years. And I resisted seeing it, but fournette fooled us all. He has straight line speed and good size.

Kinda how when Cole and Westbrook first got here. We'd had guys who weren't real wr so long that those two looked like HFs to us. When in reality they're average WRs.

(09-14-2020, 02:55 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Just to put it into perspective: JR really isn't special I don't think. He's an average RB.

It's just that we had such a one dimensional RB the last 3 years. And I resisted seeing it, but fournette fooled us all. He has straight line speed and good size.

Kinda how when Cole and Westbrook first got here. We'd had guys who weren't real wr so long that those two looked like HFs to us. When in reality they're average WRs.

I don't share that perspective. Cole and Westbrook are young receivers capable of extraordinary play who have both had periods of lackluster play mixed in. Fans understandably get excited when they flash their better performance levels. 

The book is unwritten on whether Robinson will be special at the NFL level and whether he can sustain it, but he's off to a good start. Calling him average right now is like labeling a cake that hasn't even been put in the oven yet. Robinson also blocked well and caught the ball well yesterday. Unusual trifecta for an UDFA right out of the gate.

I was never fooled by Fournette. Preached hard against drafting him and saw him for exactly what he was the entire time.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 03:53 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

We shall see. Robinson looked very good in the first half, but kind of disappeared in the 2nd half. To be fair, the running lanes had dried up. We need more consistency from the O-Line and better protection from both OT positions. Robinson and Taylor were both beaten on plays for sacks yesterday and the Colts are not a great pass rushing team, especially off the edge. I still see the O-Line as a weak area. Robinson is gonna need them to be more consistent as the season moves forward. Give this kid some running lanes and I can see him being a successful NFL RB.

Agree. He looks like a potential home run hitter once he clears the line and gets to the 2nd level.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Every Carry From James Robinson

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-14-2020, 02:55 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Just to put it into perspective: JR really isn't special I don't think. He's an average RB.

Didn’t fool me....i thought all along he sucked....was a cancer in the locker room. I’m glad he’s gone.

(09-14-2020, 07:58 PM)JW Wrote:

Didn’t fool me....i thought all along he sucked....was a cancer in the locker room. I’m glad he’s gone.

He made one nice play against the Cowboys where he knocked the ball out of Coopers hands.  Other than that he got picked on again which happens often from him.  His mouth is what got him that contract just like Connor McGregor