Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RIP RBG

(09-28-2020, 08:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 05:57 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Lol Yeah, because that works so well elsewhere. A house divided falls in on itself.

How is it any different than what we have now? In my 49 years on planet Earth, I've never seen this country more divided and chaotic.

It's not as divided as the media wants you to believe.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-28-2020, 08:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 08:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: How is it any different than what we have now? In my 49 years on planet Earth, I've never seen this country more divided and chaotic.

It's not as divided as the media wants you to believe.

I see it everyday in my own community and family. When anyone mentions politics, everyone takes sides and is ready to kill one another. I know people that were friends for years and now are no longer speaking, because they endorse different presidential candidates in this next election. Personally, I think it's idiotic to lose lifelong friends over an election, but it's happening. I have friends who are ultra conservative Trump fanatics and some who are super liberal. I don't care what they do. It's a free country. Whenever politics is mentioned, I'm like Switzerland. I tell them how I despise both parties and both presidential candidates and tell them I'm voting Libertarian. I then try to steer the conversation in another direction. One of two things happen when I do this. They either respect me for at least not voting for the "other side" and staying true to my convictions or they mercilessly preach to me why I need to vote for "their" guy. When this happens, I usually tell them I'd rather perish from "death by 1000 paper cuts" then to vote for either Trump or Biden and express that nothing they tell me will EVER change my mind. After several minutes, they realize I am serious and they give up. Eventually we start talking about something else, usually sports. 

I just don't know why some people are ready to "throw down" over an election between two senile, "old farts." It's ridiculous! This debate is gonna be like watching two dementia patients fighting over the last sugar packet in a low rent rest home.

I agree with you, but I think what he's suggesting is that we are not as far apart as we seem. If we could take off our team colors for a few, we could agree to a lot in this country. The media seems to stir up a lot of resentment.

(09-29-2020, 01:18 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I agree with you, but I think what he's suggesting is that we are not as far apart as we seem. If we could take off our team colors for a few, we could agree to a lot in this country. The media seems to stir up a lot of resentment.

The team colors thing is here to stay though. You used to be able to take off your "team jerseys" whenever you wanted. Now, it's like gang warfare. People are willing to die for their colors like the crips and bloods. I don't know what happened, but somewhere along the way, people lost direction and started focusing on the wrong priorities and it's gotten very ugly.

(09-29-2020, 09:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 01:18 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I agree with you, but I think what he's suggesting is that we are not as far apart as we seem. If we could take off our team colors for a few, we could agree to a lot in this country. The media seems to stir up a lot of resentment.

The team colors thing is here to stay though. You used to be able to take off your "team jerseys" whenever you wanted. Now, it's like gang warfare. People are willing to die for their colors like the crips and bloods. I don't know what happened, but somewhere along the way, people lost direction and started focusing on the wrong priorities and it's gotten very ugly.

Of course we are, our colors are red, white, and blue while the lefties are red and yellow. We'd better be willing to die for them or we won't have them any longer.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-29-2020, 09:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 09:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The team colors thing is here to stay though. You used to be able to take off your "team jerseys" whenever you wanted. Now, it's like gang warfare. People are willing to die for their colors like the crips and bloods. I don't know what happened, but somewhere along the way, people lost direction and started focusing on the wrong priorities and it's gotten very ugly.

Of course we are, our colors are red, white, and blue while the lefties are red and yellow. We'd better be willing to die for them or we won't have them any longer.

You are proving my point by constantly taking shots at what you perceive as "the other side." There wasn't this much visceral hatred between conservatives and liberals 10 years ago or even 5 years ago for that matter. Things have gotten so much worse and the divide has gotten so much wider. Whichever senile, old fart wins the election, it's only gonna get worse.

(09-29-2020, 02:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 09:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Of course we are, our colors are red, white, and blue while the lefties are red and yellow. We'd better be willing to die for them or we won't have them any longer.

You are proving my point by constantly taking shots at what you perceive as "the other side." There wasn't this much visceral hatred between conservatives and liberals 10 years ago or even 5 years ago for that matter. Things have gotten so much worse and the divide has gotten so much wider. Whichever senile, old fart wins the election, it's only gonna get worse.

Lol, you have memory failure; either that or you just ignored it. No, it's this bad now because of Trump Derangement Syndrome, but it was bad for Obama and Bush 43 too. This has been a long, slow burning fuse that requires a bloodletting and the TDS combined with all the "community organizers" setting fires everywhere is bringing us closer to it. And I don't perceive that they are the other side, they are the other side, because by their own admission they intend to destroy this country and remake it in their own image.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2020, 03:27 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-29-2020, 03:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 02:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You are proving my point by constantly taking shots at what you perceive as "the other side." There wasn't this much visceral hatred between conservatives and liberals 10 years ago or even 5 years ago for that matter. Things have gotten so much worse and the divide has gotten so much wider. Whichever senile, old fart wins the election, it's only gonna get worse.

Lol, you have memory failure; either that or you just ignored it. No, it's this bad now because of Trump Derangement Syndrome, but it was bad for Obama and Bush 43 too. This has been a long, slow burning fuse that requires a bloodletting and the TDS combined with all the "community organizers" setting fires everywhere is bringing us closer to it. And I don't perceive that they are the other side, they are the other side, because by their own admission they intend to destroy this country and remake it in their own image.

Say what you want, but you are blinded by your own hatred. It wasn't nearly this bad 5 years ago. You just think it was, because it reflects bad on your "supreme leader." The middle is disappearing. You used to see the majority being moderates. Now, everyone has taken hard line stances on every issue, totally ignoring that most things aren't black and white, but various shades of gray. Not every issue is fully bad or fully good. There are many individual cases that set new precedents, but people are ignoring them, lumping everything into one giant pile of unrelated cases and many times physically fighting over their stances.

Ignore the facts, but as much as I disliked Obama, things have gotten even even worse since he left office. We probably started on this down slide when he was president. In fact, I'm willing to state we did, but now the car has no brakes, we've jumped the guard rail and we're tumbling off a cliff.

(09-29-2020, 03:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 03:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you have memory failure; either that or you just ignored it. No, it's this bad now because of Trump Derangement Syndrome, but it was bad for Obama and Bush 43 too. This has been a long, slow burning fuse that requires a bloodletting and the TDS combined with all the "community organizers" setting fires everywhere is bringing us closer to it. And I don't perceive that they are the other side, they are the other side, because by their own admission they intend to destroy this country and remake it in their own image.

Say what you want, but you are blinded by your own hatred. It wasn't nearly this bad 5 years ago. You just think it was, because it reflects bad on your "supreme leader." The middle is disappearing. You used to see the majority being moderates. Now, everyone has taken hard line stances on every issue, totally ignoring that most things aren't black and white, but various shades of gray. Not every issue is fully bad or fully good. There are many individual cases that set new precedents, but people are ignoring them, lumping everything into one giant pile of unrelated cases and many times physically fighting over their stances.

Ignore the facts, but as much as I disliked Obama, things have gotten even even worse since he left office. We probably started on this down slide when he was president. In fact, I'm willing to state we did, but now the car has no brakes, we've jumped the guard rail and we're tumbling off a cliff.

Lol, it reflects badly on Trump that the left is burning down the country? Did it reflect badly on Obama that Hillary started that Kenyan rumor? Or that the left marched around calling GWB "Bushitler"? C'mon man!

ACB will be confirmed tomorrow.

(10-25-2020, 01:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: ACB will be confirmed tomorrow.

Sadly one of the most qualified justices ever and yet met with such divisiveness.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Trump's 3rd justice nominee is about to be confirmed.

God bless America.

The logic of some of the Dems is crazy. Schumer actually said generations of unborn babies will regret her confirmation. I guess to a dem being murdered is better than being alive.

(10-28-2020, 11:09 AM)p_rushing Wrote: The logic of some of the Dems is crazy. Schumer actually said generations of unborn babies will regret her confirmation. I guess to a dem being murdered is better than being alive.

Ecc 4:2-3
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-28-2020, 12:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 11:09 AM)p_rushing Wrote: The logic of some of the Dems is crazy. Schumer actually said generations of unborn babies will regret her confirmation. I guess to a dem being murdered is better than being alive.

Ecc 4:2-3

I notice that the philosopher makes his comment from the privileged place of actually being alive. On reflection, I also note that it's not significantly different from me saying that we'd all be much happier if you were dead or never born.

(10-28-2020, 12:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 12:13 PM)mikesez Wrote: Ecc 4:2-3

I notice that the philosopher makes his comment from the privileged place of actually being alive. On reflection, I also note that it's not significantly different from me saying that we'd all be much happier if you were dead or never born.

I'm pro-life too, I'm more pointing out, the Bible is less pro-life than you might think.  Not to violate the CoC, but Schumer's statement, and his pro-choice view, are not totally out of bounds with respect to his Judaism.
I don't want to just dunk on pro-choice people.  Personally, yes I believe the Bible but I use other information and reasoning to conclude that abortion is immoral unless it is more likely than not that carrying the pregnancy to term would result in death or great bodily harm to the mother.  Put that on a bumper sticker.

(10-28-2020, 01:00 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 12:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I notice that the philosopher makes his comment from the privileged place of actually being alive. On reflection, I also note that it's not significantly different from me saying that we'd all be much happier if you were dead or never born.

I'm pro-life too, I'm more pointing out, the Bible is less pro-life than you might think.  Not to violate the CoC, but Schumer's statement, and his pro-choice view, are not totally out of bounds with respect to his Judaism.
I don't want to just dunk on pro-choice people.  Personally, yes I believe the Bible but I use other information and reasoning to conclude that abortion is immoral unless it is more likely than not that carrying the pregnancy to term would result in death or great bodily harm to the mother.  Put that on a bumper sticker.

"My ethics are very flexible." - Mikesez

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2020, 04:16 PM by mikesez.)

(10-28-2020, 02:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 01:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm pro-life too, I'm more pointing out, the Bible is less pro-life than you might think.  Not to violate the CoC, but Schumer's statement, and his pro-choice view, are not totally out of bounds with respect to his Judaism.

"My ethics are very flexible." - Mikesez

They're not, actually.  
Not for me personally.  My personal ethics are simple and relatively inflexible. It gets complicated though when you're assessing people like Schumer or McConnell, whose job requires them to create compromises with people who  have very different precepts and experiences.

Can't go wrong with a cute pro-life catholic on the Supreme Court. She got my vote.

(10-28-2020, 04:54 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Can't go wrong with a cute pro-life catholic on the Supreme Court.  She got my vote.

Ok... not trying to be mean or anything, but you must be old.  As a near 40 man, I concede in “broadening my horizons” when it comes to the female.   There are many I’d say I’m “attracted to” that were never attractive to me in the past.  I guess you can say I’ve started to “appreciate” more than I did.  I won’t act or do anything because I’m a married man.  But I feel that’s just nature/ what happens as you get older.  Not once, did it occur to me to think she was cute.  So, I guess I’ve got things to look forward to when I get older.  Everyone is “cute”.  That and you’re old.  Smile