Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
James Robinson comparison

Now that Robinson looks like the Jaguars undisputed starting running back, I was trying to come up with an NFL player (present or retired) who he reminded me of. The best comparison I could find was Priest Holmes. He was also undrafted (played behind Ricky Williams at Texas), short of stature and lacking true breakaway speed. It took Holmes 2 years to begin making an impact, but he ended his 10 year career with over 11,000 total yards from scrimmage. Wouldn't it be great if Robinson becomes the success that Holmes turned out to be? Can you think of other backs Robinson reminds you of, whether they were drafted or not?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nobody in particular.  He's good, but nothing makes him really stand out.  He's a good, capable starting NFL running back, but nothing special.  The last true "great" NFL running backs off the top of my head (in my opinion) over the last 20 or so years are Fred Taylor, Adrian Peterson, LaDainian Tomlinson and maybe Edgerrin James.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Slower Curtis Martin.

Oddly enough, I think he's built like MJD but lacks the immediate burst/cut ability -- that's not an insult since MJD was pretty elite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObNTD04KikM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zFokEyHxFE

(09-21-2020, 05:26 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Slower Curtis Martin.

I like that comparison. Martin didn't have blazing speed, but he played fast. The same can be said about Robinson.

He is the funest RB to watch we have had since MJD

For me, He compares to the Chiefs RB that got kicked off the team. I forgot his name.

Robinson does everything he should. He runs hard, he hits the hole, he makes 1 cut and runs downhill. He catches passes like a back should. He’s not flashy. But he’s also not a Rashad Jennings. I think he’s better than Jennings.

I also see some Michael Bush and Arian Foster.

Priest Holmes is on another level.

He reminds me of Darren Sproles.
And he is becoming my favorite O weapon.
"it's only smellz"

- Rocco Siffredi

(09-21-2020, 07:38 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: For me, He compares to the Chiefs RB that got kicked off the team. I forgot his name.

Robinson does everything he should. He runs hard, he hits the hole, he makes 1 cut and runs downhill. He catches passes like a back should. He’s not flashy. But he’s also not a Rashad Jennings. I think he’s better than Jennings.

I also see some Michael Bush and Arian Foster.

Priest Holmes is on another level.

I believe you are referring to Kareem Hunt. I also thought about the Arian Foster comparison. He was also undrafted and had some very good years. It's easy to understand why it's never a good move to draft a running back in round 1. Their careers typically do not last that long and the injury risk is high. As great as Saquan Barkley is, he'll do the Giants no good this season.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2020, 10:01 PM by surfon.)

Man watching mjd s highlights I miss that lil Herculean bowling ball racer. He could def carry a badmf wallet.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2020, 10:12 PM by Jag88.)

A really broke man's emmitt Smith. Yes the koolaid is good. Bacardi and koolaid haha

Emmitt Smith was not the fastest but he picked the holes better than anyone. Sip

mark ingram
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-21-2020, 11:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: mark ingram

I can actually see this right here. That's exactly what he is. I mean Ingram was a Heisman winner so maybe he's not quite to that level but similar running style. Breaks tackles like crazy, great horizontally movement but not the fastest top end speed.

Lamar Smith Dolphins

If Robinson was on a D1 team he would have been a 2nd round pick. He's dominated every level he has played, and was the best RB in the East/West shrine game.

We found a gem
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

Isaiah Crowell

I get Tomlinson vibes but we have such a short sample to evaluate him with.

I think Robinson’s burst is fine. He tops out pretty quickly, so I’m not sure he’s going to outrun many people, but he’s so quick to hit the open lanes.

(09-21-2020, 05:26 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Slower Curtis Martin.

As a long term Pitt fan (since birth) I followed Curtis Martin religiously.  Curtis runs more straight up which I compare with OJ Simpson but his cuts were a bit slower (and he didn't kill anybody).  In any event, I don't see any Curtis Martin in James Robinson.  As noted on my prior post, I see a lot more of MJD in stature and style but definitely not at the same level as MJD.

i feel like he runs alot like Leveon Bell but with not quite the same amount of patience.
In Dougie I Trust!

John Riggins