Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cheatriots and Headsets?!?

[Image: sTIsVAaw_normal.jpg]

Quote:Vito Stellino
@vitostellino
· 1h
Peyton Manning said on ESPN "certain teams, maybe in the Northeast, they don't cut their lines, they actually let it go all the way to zero seconds." Rule is headsets are cut off at 15 seconds. Pats never got nailed for it but some teams thought they didn't cut theirs off.

I heard that opponents headsets would cut out completely up in Foxboro over the years, but I had never heard this.

But I guess I shouldn't be surprised about this either.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Belicheat will do literally anything to win. He's a cheater and always has been. There's just way too many red flags at this point.. no way that it's a coincidence.

When will the league stop NE from cheating ?

(09-23-2020, 07:15 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: When will the league stop NE from cheating ?

When they are bad enough.

Headline from the onion sports page last week:

"Tom Brady Not Sure How to Ask Coach for Tape of Other Team's Practice"

As for Manning's accusation, let's just say that I'm sure they aren't having any problems getting up to speed with fake crowd noise at his old stadium. That arm of his is still pretty good at throwing stones.

The NFL I thought controlled the headsets automatically. I'm sure there would be a way to stop that, but it would be hard to prove unless you had the QB side of the transmission.

(09-23-2020, 03:15 PM)p_rushing Wrote: The NFL I thought controlled the headsets automatically. I'm sure there would be a way to stop that, but it would be hard to prove unless you had the QB side of the transmission.

No.  Each team actually controls the headsets in their home stadium.  I have a friend that works on the crew that handles that for the Jaguars' home games.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-23-2020, 03:36 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 03:15 PM)p_rushing Wrote: The NFL I thought controlled the headsets automatically. I'm sure there would be a way to stop that, but it would be hard to prove unless you had the QB side of the transmission.

No.  Each team actually controls the headsets in their home stadium.  I have a friend that works on the crew that handles that for the Jaguars' home games.
Yes they set them up, etc. The cut off though isn't manual it is supposed to be automated with the play clock.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

(09-23-2020, 04:23 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 03:36 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: No.  Each team actually controls the headsets in their home stadium.  I have a friend that works on the crew that handles that for the Jaguars' home games.
Yes they set them up, etc. The cut off though isn't manual it is supposed to be automated with the play clock.

That part I don't know how it works.  I imagine that you are correct in that it should be automated and tied to the play clock.  However, that system is still maintained and operated by the home team's ground crew.

Just going by what I know from my friend, they are pretty much nowhere near the team(s) except for perhaps on game day should there be an issue with the system.  He has told me about having to go and replace a faulty headset in helmets before, but each player that has one has a backup helmet immediately available.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-23-2020, 05:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 04:23 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Yes they set them up, etc. The cut off though isn't manual it is supposed to be automated with the play clock.

That part I don't know how it works.  I imagine that you are correct in that it should be automated and tied to the play clock.  However, that system is still maintained and operated by the home team's ground crew.

Just going by what I know from my friend, they are pretty much nowhere near the team(s) except for perhaps on game day should there be an issue with the system.  He has told me about having to go and replace a faulty headset in helmets before, but each player that has one has a backup helmet immediately available.

The NFL Game Day Coordinator of Communications is in charge of the system. The comm system auto shuts off with 15 seconds on the play clock. The home team has nothing to do with the communications except set up. The league coordinator sets the frequencies in conjunction with the FCC, they test the system, and they manage the system during the game.

If your friend does actually work for the jags in this capacity, he should know this.

New England Patriot Fan

Someone must have sent out the bat signal...Here comes a patriots fan to the rescue!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-03-2020, 10:02 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Someone must have sent out the bat signal...Here comes a patriots fan to the rescue!

Its a sacred vow - Defending the wall against ignorance ...
New England Patriot Fan

(10-05-2020, 09:57 AM)Pape Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 10:02 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Someone must have sent out the bat signal...Here comes a patriots fan to the rescue!

44 wasn't down
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-05-2020, 09:57 AM)Pape Wrote:

how do you explain everything else... I don't have a enough time in the day to list them all... when you get busted multiple times...well like everybody says once a cheater always a cheater