Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This may be the craziest stat I've seen all year

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That can't be right.

Can it?

(10-07-2020, 07:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: That can't be right.

Can it?

It's real, but it's at 2 now. Lewis caught another TD pass 2 weeks ago lol

And this is why Rodgers has been outspoken in his disapproval of their draft moves, especially this year.

Well they need to line Jordan Love up at WR and toss him the rock then.

But yeah, crazy to think none of the Pack's first round picks have been WR, RB, or TE ever...
But he's had so much success without them too....

They should of taken Shenault in the first, im glad they didn't though

(10-08-2020, 10:11 AM)Kane Wrote: Well they need to line Jordan Love up at WR and toss him the rock then.

But yeah, crazy to think none of the Pack's first round picks have been WR, RB, or TE ever...

I heard Aikman say it the other day and was sure i misheard him. Apparently Jordy Nelson was the highest being a 2nd round pick. But the Packers have never even bought in a Free Agent WR who was drafted in the first.

Almost a Jags-esque move having Rodgers for a career and never giving him proper weapons.

(10-08-2020, 10:42 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 10:11 AM)Kane Wrote: Well they need to line Jordan Love up at WR and toss him the rock then.

I heard Aikman say it the other day and was sure i misheard him. Apparently Jordy Nelson was the highest being a 2nd round pick. But the Packers have never even bought in a Free Agent WR who was drafted in the first.

Almost a Jags-esque move having Rodgers for a career and never giving him proper weapons.

Yeah, but another way to look at it is wide receivers are a dime a dozen. And of all the positions to not overdraft WR and RB are way up there.
Especially with a QB of Rodgers caliber. Why spend a first on a WR when 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round guys are getting it done. Speaks volumes to their GMs ability to find guys like Adams, Cobb, etc without using premium draft stock

(10-08-2020, 10:46 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 10:42 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: I heard Aikman say it the other day and was sure i misheard him. Apparently Jordy Nelson was the highest being a 2nd round pick. But the Packers have never even bought in a Free Agent WR who was drafted in the first.

Yeah, but another way to look at it is wide receivers are a dime a dozen. And of all the positions to not overdraft WR and RB are way up there.
Especially with a QB of Rodgers caliber. Why spend a first on a WR when 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round guys are getting it done. Speaks volumes to their GMs ability to find guys like Adams, Cobb, etc without using premium draft stock

Oh I get you. Look at Lazard. So many years Rodgers has 4 WR's you have never heard of but still gets them to the playoffs. Like you say, when you can get that level of success from undrafted guys.

The only thing I would say, that's a lot of 1st round picks for D and O line (admittedly Packers usually pick quite high) and not much success but they look a much stronger team all round since LaFleur arrived.

(10-07-2020, 06:30 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/colecubelic/s...0346386433

What is it Vic always said?

Dime a dozen. Don't take em high, don't overpay for someone else's salary dump.

Anybody got stats on Rodgers' pick sixes?

Is it possible he's thrown more TDs to opposing teams' first round picks than to his own?

(10-08-2020, 10:42 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:

Jordy was pretty good so is Adams. But yeah that stat is insane..
No Fun