Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jags next win will be....

(11-15-2020, 10:43 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Jags will win the last game of the season, screwing themselves out of Justin Fields.

If the last game of the season is the only other game we win, who do you see beating us out for the 2nd pick?

- Bengals will finish at 2-13-1 at the worst
- Texans finish ahead of us even if they lose out and go 2-14 due to H2H record against us
- Chargers also beat us thx to H2H record with us
- Looking like the entire NFC East will finish with 3-6 wins each.

We should have the 2nd pick locked in if we keep the losses coming until we play the Colts again.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-16-2020, 12:35 AM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 10:43 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Jags will win the last game of the season, screwing themselves out of Justin Fields.

If the last game of the season is the only other game we win, who do you see beating us out for the 2nd pick?

- Texans finish ahead of us even if they lose out and go 2-14 due to H2H record against us

We should have the 2nd pick locked in if we keep the losses coming until we play the Colts again.

The problem is that if multiple teams have the same record as us, the h2h losses may not mean as much because it may go to a SOS tiebreaker, I think that Washington will win at least one for sure, Dallas is the one that I think we need to be worried about.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(11-16-2020, 12:35 AM)KodiakJag Wrote:

For the draft, the tie breaker isn't head to head.  It's strength of schedule.  It's true that we have a decent chance of keeping the second pick despite another win, but it's far from a lock.  There's currently four other teams with 2 wins and no ties.  This is how I see it:

- Chargers will likely beat the Jets which will give them at least three wins.
- The Texans currently have a tougher strength of schedule than the Jaguars, so we would pick ahead of them with the same record, but the SOS could easily change between now and the end of the season.  However, I think the Texans are likely to find another win somewhere.
- Dallas and Washington play each other, so both can't come out with a win in that game.  The loser of that game is probably the biggest threat, but they could still win a game somewhere else.  Both have a couple of relatively easy games remaining on the schedule.  With a tied record, we would likely be drafting after those teams because of our SOS.

If we win another game, our chances of getting the first overall pick drops considerably.  Right now, it's still possible the Jets win a game and the Jaguars would pick ahead of them because of an easier strength of schedule.

(11-15-2020, 05:59 PM)mal234 Wrote: I actually wanted to bump this thread, because the team has been playing more competitively the past three weeks. The defense looks better. If they are actually finally starting to gel, and continuing improving, I do think that the Jags maybe could get a couple of more wins this year. Believe it or not I do, lol. Maybe against the Vikings and Bears.

If the Bears offense is still the Bears offense when we play them, then we have a chance in a low scoring game.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Depending on the QB play, there isn't a win left.

If Minshew is playing, there could be a chance against the following.

Browns aren't great, so a mistake prone game could allow them to win a low scoring game. Similar to their game today with the Texans.

Vikings are playing better and Cook is too good right now, but there is a small chance.

Ravens could have more injuries but long shot to even win then.

Bears seem to be the only realistic chance.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

I think we somehow beat the Steelers, ending their winning streak. We tend to beat the Steelers, and their streak is begging for them to get upset by a team that they have no business losing to.

Even if we wind up with more wins than the Texans, Miami owns their pick, and they're not gonna take another QB. Same with the Bengals and Chargers.

(11-16-2020, 11:35 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: I think we somehow beat the Steelers, ending their winning streak.  We tend to beat the Steelers, and their streak is begging for them to get upset by a team that they have no business losing to.

I was gonna post the same.

We always get our best against the Steelers. And being undefeated, as the season goes on, brings pressure. Not to mention they've been guilty of looking past us before.

Oof. Even Mark Brunell can't pass up the opportunity to kick the Jaguars in the crotch. 

Mark Brunell: Packers tried to give a win away, but Jaguars wouldn’t take it

(11-16-2020, 11:53 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Even if we wind up with more wins than the Texans, Miami owns their pick, and they're not gonna take another QB. Same with the Bengals and Chargers.

It's not necessarily if those teams want a QB, but it gives a team a chance to trade up in the draft ahead of us.

If the Bengals end up with the 2nd pick and we have 3rd, they could easily trade with a team like Washington (who in this scenario could have pick 4/5) and would screw us in the Fields sweepstakes.

We just need to keep losing to guarantee us a top 2 pick.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2020, 12:58 PM by NewJagsCity.)

If we are going to win another game and blow our draft pick, then please Lord, let it be against the Tacks at home to knock them out of playoff contention. Thats the only victory that would be even marginally close to worth it (even tho it wouldnt).
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-18-2020, 12:57 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: If we are going to win another game and blow our draft pick, then please Lord, let it be against the Tacks at home to knock them out of playoff contention. Thats the only victory that would be even marginally close to worth it (even tho it wouldnt).

Yeah... that would be good. If we're gonna win... piss in those wheaties.

When Justin Fields is our QB

(11-16-2020, 11:53 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 11:35 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: I think we somehow beat the Steelers, ending their winning streak.  We tend to beat the Steelers, and their streak is begging for them to get upset by a team that they have no business losing to.

I was gonna post the same.

We always get our best against the Steelers. And being undefeated, as the season goes on, brings pressure. Not to mention they've been guilty of looking past us before.

Taylor 234yds? https://www.cbsnews.com/news/taylor-runs...-steelers/

I do not see this team standing a chance this time. This is going to be a spanking.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-16-2020, 02:51 PM)High Octane Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 11:53 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Even if we wind up with more wins than the Texans, Miami owns their pick, and they're not gonna take another QB. Same with the Bengals and Chargers.

It's not necessarily if those teams want a QB, but it gives a team a chance to trade up in the draft ahead of us.

If the Bengals end up with the 2nd pick and we have 3rd, they could easily trade with a team like Washington (who in this scenario could have pick 4/5) and would screw us in the Fields sweepstakes.

I know the best thing for this franchise is to lose the rest of our games, but 25 years of rooting for the Jags to win is hard to overcome.  Last week, I'm saying, wow, great TD by James Robinson!  Oh, no, it's being called back for a penalty.  I find myself rooting for them to win out of habit.  I can't break that habit.  

Yes, we need to keep losing.

(11-20-2020, 08:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 02:51 PM)High Octane Wrote: It's not necessarily if those teams want a QB, but it gives a team a chance to trade up in the draft ahead of us.

I know the best thing for this franchise is to lose the rest of our games, but 25 years of rooting for the Jags to win is hard to overcome.  Last week, I'm saying, wow, great TD by James Robinson!  Oh, no, it's being called back for a penalty.  I find myself rooting for them to win out of habit.  I can't break that habit.  

Yes, we need to keep losing.

I like where we're at. Losing by 4 to (allegedly) good teams is nothing to be ashamed of as you stay the course to an early darft pick. Remember when we WEREN'T aiming for early picks, and the games were over by halftime? Woof..

The offseason

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Who gives a [BLEEP] anymore at this point?

It's almost embarrassing to see how outnumbered our fans are. I'll give them credit, however, for showing excellent judgement by scalping their tickets and avoiding having to see another loss in person.

Steelers fans notoriously travel well.

Even if we had our remaining 7 fans show up, we'd be vastly outnumbered.