Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lions @ Jags score predictions?

Lions 31
Jags 21

Until they show something better than what I've seen I can't give them any slack. They've given up like 30+ points in 4 straight. They'll do it again.
The offense won't be complete garbage but won't be good enough. 5th kicker coming in too... no FGs made.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2020, 12:25 PM by mal234.)

Jay had his press conference today and he was talking about the mistakes that the Jags made in the game against the Texans (and have been making in general). Jay has said ideally that the pass attempts for Gardner should be anywhere between between 25 to 30 attempts. Which is what some of us have been basically saying it should be. Other people may have said around 20-25 attempts, but some of us have said roughly around a similar benchmark. He also said that the team needs to be more balanced. He also regrets some of the calls he's made including that 4 and 1 call in the Texans game.

Jay continues to say stuff like this every week, but continues to make the same mistakes with the offense. Gardner continues to have high pass attempts, the team continues to abandon the run earlier than the should. There has been some heavy debate in the Minshew not the man thread about Jay's playcalling. Someone I think even questioned if he's sabotaging Doug Marrone. I don't know if I would go that far yet, but I might start wondering more about that if the Jaguars lose this game to the Lions and the offense isn't smoothly as it can run. I know that it puts pressure on the offense when the defense constantly gets the team behind, but I still feel like the offense could run smoother.

They could be a smoothly, tighter running unit and if so that could help the Jags get more wins. Jay needs to put them in a position to perform to the best of their ability and outside of the first two games, this season hasn't really been doing that. Especially with him abandoning the run earlier than he should during the past few games. If the offense continues to do this in the game against the Lions and the team loses to them, I do think it will be time to start pointing a finger at Jay more. Especially if the defense actually plays better like they did against the Texans. And this is the third week in a row that the Jags will be taking on a team with the worst rush defense in the NFL:

https://twitter.com/Ballou1010xl/status/...1428194305

Jay needs to stop making the same mistakes with this offense.

DET 26 Jax 26

The tie will be the difference between picking third and seventh in the darft, in each and every round.

Lions looking like trash this season and they are usually are mediocre but they looking like the bottom dweller of the NFC North and the Jaguars gonna make them look like a Playoff team. Stafford gonna look like a 1st ballot HOF. Blowout.

It's hard to predict this one.  Both teams are struggling at this point.

I think both teams will score at least 2 points, bun then again it could be a shut out by either team.

I do think that one team will win by at least 1 point, but I don't rule out a tie either.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-13-2020, 10:49 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Lions 35
Jaguars 18.

Sounds about right... kills me to not favor the Jags at home.
maybe the parade of fans leaving early will have some 
impact on Khan.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Jags game plan is just stupid. The last 3 teams have been bad against the run and we mostly air the ball out.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Another week where we play a terrible run defense. Sets up perfect for JROB, the problem is Minshew is taking no shots. The field has been shortened massively of late allowing defenses to key in on JROB, although the has played well! We going to need Minshew to open it up a little and take some shots, other wise... I’m afraid Lions get up early and we see Adrian Peterson look like old AP.

Lions 35
Jags 16

OK boys and girls, Jags win this one BIG!!! 42-10. Stafford sucks it up and throws three picks.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I don't know how our defense can stop anyone right now. I'm just looking for the offense to get back to some level of competence. Let's call it 31-24 Detroit.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-14-2020, 06:06 PM)Mowerguy Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 10:49 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Lions 35
Jaguars 18.

Sounds about right... kills me to not favor the Jags at home.
maybe the parade of fans leaving early will have some 
impact on Khan.

Ummm, the stadium will only be 25% capacity anyway, he won't be able to tell if they leave.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Lions 28 - Jags 20

(10-15-2020, 01:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ummm, the stadium will only be 25% capacity anyway, he won't be able to tell if they leave.
Yes, I realize but Hope he will when it's completely empty.
Doubt we have many lions fans attending
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-15-2020, 12:04 PM)Jagwired Wrote: OK boys and girls, Jags win this one BIG!!! 42-10. Stafford sucks it up and throws three picks.

You never let me down.

I actually kind of lean towards our Jaguars winning this one.  They may only win by one, but then again they could win huge.  On the other hand the Lions are rested after a bye week and are hungry as well, so they could win.  With that being said it might end up in a tie.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I predict they don’t.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2020, 06:59 AM by homebiscuit.)

On the radio they said Stafford is the only active NFL QB who hasn’t thrown for a TD against the Jags in Jacksonville.

He’ll own a personal passing record by Sunday afternoon.

(10-16-2020, 06:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: On the radio they said Stafford is the only active NFL QB who hasn’t thrown for a TD against the Jags in Jacksonville.

He’ll own a personal passing record by Sunday afternoon.

LOL probably. At this point I am kind of not expecting much from the team until they prove otherwise. I would assume we lose by at least a touchdown.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2020, 09:30 AM by ATLjag.)

Stafford will shatter Detroit single game passing yardage records against this abysmal secondary and pass rush, and thump the Jags 41-16.

All I know is this; looking at our brutal upcoming schedule, this is our last best chance to win a game and enjoy a victory Sunday.