Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade with the Titans for Kamalei Correa

He was pretty highly regarded coming out of Boise State. He does have the ability to rush the passer which is certainly a need for the Jags. The fact that the Titans traded within the division, however, limits my long-term expectations for him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't really like the trade on a one year rental.

Is he going to win games? No, so why give up a pick for a rental?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

He actually had seven sacks last season including the playoffs. I actually hate to see him go. With Clowney, Beasley, and Landry, there just isn’t room to get him on the field anymore.

I don't know why we are trading for a SLB when we spent a first rounder on an OLB (K'Lavon Chaisson), only to play him out of position at DE. Given the limited talent we have defensively on the roster, I still think we'd be better off playing Smoot and Allen at DE's and moving Chaisson to SLB. We'd could use all his athletic ability that Caldwell touted after the draft to cover receivers as well as improving the pass rush by blitzing him for the LB position where he has more space to use him speed. It would be a much more familiar spot since he played OLB in college. This front office doesn't want to admit they made yet another major blunder though, so instead they trade for Correa, who admittedly should be an upgrade over our current linebackers.

(10-14-2020, 05:30 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: It looks like he is only signed through the end of this year. I don’t really see the point, but whatever.

I'm fine with it. He's auditioning to be a starter the rest of the year. Could be an instant upgrade over Marsh. And if he does well, he probably sticks around with a light contract another year or two. He's actually produced some sacks at the NFL level. Not bad for a sixth round pick.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(10-14-2020, 07:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't know why we are trading for a SLB when we spent a first rounder on an OLB (K'Lavon Chaisson), only to play him out of position at DE. Given the limited talent we have defensively on the roster, I still think we'd be better off playing Smoot and Allen at DE's and moving Chaisson to SLB. We'd could use all his athletic ability that Caldwell touted after the draft to cover receivers as well as improving the pass rush by blitzing him for the LB position where he has more space to use him speed. It would be a much more familiar spot since he played OLB in college. This front office doesn't want to admit they made yet another major blunder though, so instead they trade for Correa, who admittedly should be an upgrade over our current linebackers.

#CauseDaveCaldwellSux
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-14-2020, 10:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(10-14-2020, 07:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't know why we are trading for a SLB when we spent a first rounder on an OLB (K'Lavon Chaisson), only to play him out of position at DE. Given the limited talent we have defensively on the roster, I still think we'd be better off playing Smoot and Allen at DE's and moving Chaisson to SLB. We'd could use all his athletic ability that Caldwell touted after the draft to cover receivers as well as improving the pass rush by blitzing him for the LB position where he has more space to use him speed. It would be a much more familiar spot since he played OLB in college. This front office doesn't want to admit they made yet another major blunder though, so instead they trade for Correa, who admittedly should be an upgrade over our current linebackers.

#CauseDaveCaldwellSux

Wait, Caldwell is playing Chaisson out of position? And I thought everyone wanted a 34 look for this team, cant do that without more LBs.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Correa also helps with a 34 but the problem with that is the lack of nose tackle and ILBs so it doesn't matter.

(10-14-2020, 04:46 PM)rfc17 Wrote: What did we give up?  

What did we get for Calais, a 5th? Imagine if that is what we traded away.

It's all in the 1st sentence of the article

(10-15-2020, 08:30 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Correa also helps with a 34 but the problem with that is the lack of nose tackle and ILBs so it doesn't matter.

If he's a guy who can play then we traded 40 picks of 3rd day draft position to get him and we can hopefully sign him to a longer term contract. If he can't play then we traded 40 picks of third day draft position to get him, he's gone at the end of the season and we pick in the 7th instead of the 6th. Either way it doesn't inhibit our ability to convert to a full blown 34 is that's what we decide to do.

Of course the ultimate #becausejaguars moment would be that we traded for him, he can't play so we let him go, and the tittians 7th rounder is Mr. Irrelevant.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-14-2020, 06:50 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Is he going to win games? No, so why give up a pick for a rental?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Especially since our 6th round pick will be at the beginning of the round and their 7th round pick (that we got) will likely be at the tail end of the draft.  That could be a difference of approximately 50 picks.

Our front office is too [BLEEP] stupid to figure this out.

well my dad said he sucks,and thats why he wasn't getting to play with tittians,as  well why they let him go to cause hes not any good. of course my dad says that about every player that teams let go of,they must not be any good if team cut them.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Minshew already knows him...(that was a bad call btw)

I had similar thoughts about Chaisson at first. He's extremely athletic but RAW due to missing 2018 with the ACL tear; I believe he's been put at DE so that his pass rush technique can be refined and he won't be overloaded with any extra responsibilities such as coverage or run fits etc. I think next season we'll see him play more OLB in a "Bruce Irvin" type role or if we transition to a 3-4 defense I can see him playing OLB on the strongside opposite Josh Allen. He absolutely has the ability to cover, but right now the priority is to get him up to speed and improve his ability to get after the QB. All throughout TC he was working 1 on 1 with the DL & Asst. DL coaches on technique, hand placement etc. off to the side and after practice. I wouldn't worry.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

With Jacobs gone for the year and Marsh being let go for less than desired production, it's a good signing for a swap of late draft picks.

well, this certainly won't cause the the Jags
 to suck anymore than they do now ....let's give a chance.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-14-2020, 05:06 PM)surfon Wrote: I happen to like his intensity from the times i have seen him play.  He is definetly an all effort guy.

This. When I watch him play he plays all out. Reminds me of POZ a bit, but bigger. I like the move. Only 26 years old.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

I'm starting to think the only reason they traded for  him was they heard he had Covid and thought if we get it here they can use that as this seasons excuse and get one more year yet again.

(10-15-2020, 08:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-14-2020, 10:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: #CauseDaveCaldwellSux

Wait, Caldwell is playing Chaisson out of position? And I thought everyone wanted a 34 look for this team, cant do that without more LBs.

Where is it? I certainly haven't seen it. I just see the same old bland, vanilla scheme that Wash always runs and doesn't work. I think all the 3-4 talk by the team was just a bluff.