Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yannick traded to Ravens

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2021, 06:36 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:It’s clear that Ngakoue’s pure outside rush doesn’t work in every scheme after a lost season in Minnesota and Baltimore. He’s a liability against the run, and it’s a red flag that his production has fallen every season since 2017, when he played on a historically good Jags defense.

20th rated FA

I remember when some wanted to make this guy one of the highest paid at his position, ha.  So glad we didnt make the mistake.

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nfl-fre...-available

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-01-2021, 06:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
Quote:It’s clear that Ngakoue’s pure outside rush doesn’t work in every scheme after a lost season in Minnesota and Baltimore. He’s a liability against the run, and it’s a red flag that his production has fallen every season since 2017, when he played on a historically good Jags defense.

20th rated FA

I remember when some wanted to make this guy one of the highest paid at his position, ha.  So glad we didnt make the mistake.

Yep, luckily all we did was spend a first round pick on a developmental end and likely pay top dollar for a FA end as well.

(03-01-2021, 07:23 PM)rufftime Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 06:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 20th rated FA

Yep, luckily all we did was spend a first round pick on a developmental end and likely pay top dollar for a FA end as well.
The pick we got for Yawn is the 2nd and 4th in this up coming draft.  But give me Chaisson over Yawn and 20 mil a year any day.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Chaisson has a better year than this coming year.

(03-01-2021, 08:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 07:23 PM)rufftime Wrote: Yep, luckily all we did was spend a first round pick on a developmental end and likely pay top dollar for a FA end as well.
The pick we got for Yawn is the 2nd and 4th in this up coming draft.  But give me Chaisson over Yawn and 20 mil a year any day.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Chaisson has a better year than this coming year.

I sincerely hope you are right, but I just don't see it. I didn't like Chaisson before we drafted him and I like him even less now.

I would have paid him. I know his stats dropped but we will never know if the production falls off if he is still a Jag. The real question is Josh Allen a pro bowl stud or a fluke.

(03-01-2021, 08:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 08:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The pick we got for Yawn is the 2nd and 4th in this up coming draft.  But give me Chaisson over Yawn and 20 mil a year any day.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Chaisson has a better year than this coming year.

I sincerely hope you are right, but I just don't see it. I didn't like Chaisson before we drafted him and I like him even less now.
(03-01-2021, 10:50 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I would have paid him. I know his stats dropped but we will never know if the production falls off if he is still a Jag. The real question is Josh Allen a pro bowl stud or a fluke.
They should both improve this season. Chaisson got better as the season went on, he may have missed the off-season a lot and needed contact to learn how to rush. Allen had injuries and little help from anyone else.

New defense should put players in position to attack and not force everyone to sit back and wait for something to happen in front of them.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(03-02-2021, 12:21 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 08:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I sincerely hope you are right, but I just don't see it. I didn't like Chaisson before we drafted him and I like him even less now.
(03-01-2021, 10:50 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I would have paid him. I know his stats dropped but we will never know if the production falls off if he is still a Jag. The real question is Josh Allen a pro bowl stud or a fluke.
They should both improve this season. Chaisson got better as the season went on, he may have missed the off-season a lot and needed contact to learn how to rush. Allen had injuries and little help from anyone else.

New defense should put players in position to attack and not force everyone to sit back and wait for something to happen in front of them.

The game seemed to slow down for Chaisson as the season went on. He started getting better pressure and registered some hits on the QB. Give him a full off season program, I think some of those hits will turn into sacks this season.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2021, 10:04 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-01-2021, 08:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 08:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The pick we got for Yawn is the 2nd and 4th in this up coming draft.  But give me Chaisson over Yawn and 20 mil a year any day.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Chaisson has a better year than this coming year.

I like him more than when we drafted him.  He started improving a good bit the last 5 or 6 games.  What you want to see out of a raw player that had no trading camp and not to far away from a ACL tear.  With a system more tailored for him I think he will be much proved with better players around him also. I know you just like to look at a sack number though

(03-02-2021, 09:31 AM)NCJag Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 12:21 AM)p_rushing Wrote: They should both improve this season. Chaisson got better as the season went on, he may have missed the off-season a lot and needed contact to learn how to rush. Allen had injuries and little help from anyone else.

The game seemed to slow down for Chaisson as the season went on. He started getting better pressure and registered some hits on the QB. Give him a full off season program, I think some of those hits will turn into sacks this season.

Same

Laughing Laughing

Chaisson did play better the last 4-5 games. I think he can be better than Yawn.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021, 01:52 AM by JagFanatic24.)

(03-02-2021, 03:23 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Chaisson did play better the last 4-5 games. I think he can be better than Yawn.

Yannick Ngakoue is 2nd all time in franchise history with 37.5 sacks only behind Tony Brackens with 55. 

Ngakoue also forced 14 fumbles which is also 2nd in team history behind Brackens’ 27

A few guys are tied with 8 like McCray and Daryl Smith and probably another player or 2. 

But if Chaisson is going to be better than Ngakoue then he has a long way to go.

Btw - just saw where Brackens is 31st all time with 27 forced fumbles.
Ngakoue is tied for 93rd with 18...along with guys like Kevin Carter and Andre Carter.

(03-03-2021, 01:48 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 03:23 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Laughing Laughing

Yannick Ngakoue is 2nd all time in franchise history with 37.5 sacks only behind Tony Brackens with 55. 

Ngakoue also forced 14 fumbles which is also 2nd in team history behind Brackens’ 27

A few guys are tied with 8 like McCray and Daryl Smith and probably another player or 2. 

But if Chaisson is going to be better than Ngakoue then he has a long way to go.

Ngakoue is tied for 93rd with 18...along with guys like Kevin Carter and Andre Carter.

Oh dude really? he is second all time for THE JAGUARS? that means he is a HOF then!!! xD

The guy is not even a starter on the Ravens and he is in his prime, that should tell you everything. Now EVERYONE knows he sucks vs the run. 

But you keep on going with your delusions on how Boselli is the GOAT, Brunell is a great QB (almost HOF) and other crap that only you believe.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Yannick cost himself a lot of money.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(03-03-2021, 06:02 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 01:48 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Yannick Ngakoue is 2nd all time in franchise history with 37.5 sacks only behind Tony Brackens with 55. 

Oh dude really? he is second all time for THE JAGUARS? that means he is a HOF then!!! xD

The guy is not even a starter on the Ravens and he is in his prime, that should tell you everything. Now EVERYONE knows he sucks vs the run. 

But you keep on going with your delusions on how Boselli is the GOAT, Brunell is a great QB (almost HOF) and other crap that only you believe.

I was fine with your argument, until you threw this out there. Tony Boselli is the GOAT. I live in the Cincinnati area and I watched Anthony Munoz week in and week out. I also watched Jonathan Ogden, Walter Jones, Orlando Pace and many others. Boselli was the best OT I've ever seen play. He would have probably been a first ballot, unanimous, HOF player had his career lasted 10 years.

(03-03-2021, 09:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 06:02 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Oh dude really? he is second all time for THE JAGUARS? that means he is a HOF then!!! xD

I was fine with your argument, until you threw this out there. Tony Boselli is the GOAT. I live in the Cincinnati area and I watched Anthony Munoz week in and week out. I also watched Jonathan Ogden, Walter Jones, Orlando Pace and many others. Boselli was the best OT I've ever seen play. He would have probably been a first ballot, unanimous, HOF player had his career lasted 10 years.

But it didn't.

How many people outside of Jacksonville consider Boselli the GOAT playing just 6 years?

(03-03-2021, 09:24 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 09:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I was fine with your argument, until you threw this out there. Tony Boselli is the GOAT. I live in the Cincinnati area and I watched Anthony Munoz week in and week out. I also watched Jonathan Ogden, Walter Jones, Orlando Pace and many others. Boselli was the best OT I've ever seen play. He would have probably been a first ballot, unanimous, HOF player had his career lasted 10 years.

But it didn't.

How many people outside of Jacksonville consider Boselli the GOAT playing just 6 years?

Anyone who actually watched him play.

(03-03-2021, 09:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 09:24 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: But it didn't.

Anyone who actually watched him play.

I guess not many people did watch him then

http://nflfootballjournal.blogspot.com/2...ckles.html
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1066...f-all-time
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/be...ews-032315
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...785514002/
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/8695...fl-history

Just because IN YOUR OPINION he is better than Walter Jones, Munoz, Ogden, Pace etc etc etc, doesn't make it true.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2021, 09:47 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Yawn going to his 4th team in a year, lmao

I'm not sure I remember a player that lost as many millions as Yawn. I know he regrets not taking our contract when we were going to over pay him on the offer.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2021, 01:28 PM by ATLjag.)

Yan is what we used to refer to as a "DPR", designated pass rusher role. Best to bring him in for 3rd and long, or in other obvious passing situations. Because he is largely a one-trick pony with an outside speed rush, he is most effective on a team that is getting strong push from the interior, curtailing the QB from stepping up into the pocket.

Lol

Obviously he isn't with the Ravens anymore, but he's having himself a fine season with the Raiders. Currently sitting at 8 sacks and..
https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/...5399176193
Raiders got themselves a nice duo at DE. What we should of had with Allen and Ngakoue.