Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Election Predictions

(11-04-2020, 01:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 11:52 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: He beat the worst candidate ever (Hillary) when Comey drove the dagger through her heart days prior to the election.

Too bad for Comey. His one fleeting moment of professionalism undermined his career of political pandering.

Lol ... kind of like Michael Cohen.   He was doing so go at at being a Trumps personal lawyer then he went ahead and did 1 single honest thing and went to prison for it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2020, 09:57 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-04-2020, 10:12 AM)JackCity Wrote: I predict a Joe Biden win. Poor Donald lost to one of the worst candidates ever!

You probably think Roy Jones Jr lost in the 86 Olympics as well

(11-04-2020, 09:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 10:12 AM)JackCity Wrote: I predict a Joe Biden win. Poor Donald lost to one of the worst candidates ever!

You think this guy was alive in the 80's? Lol

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2020, 10:12 PM by jaglyn.)

Looks like at this point, NV is the only state Trump can count on for a chance to pull this off

I wonder if the reason he lost AZ was because he didn't see eye-to-eye with McCain and their resulting feud was highly publicized. Maybe that and the growing Mex-American population

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2020, 10:18 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-04-2020, 10:10 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Looks like at this point, NV is the only state Trump can count on for a chance to pull this off

I wonder if the reason he lost AZ was because he didn't see eye-to-eye with McCain and their resulting feud was highly publicized. Maybe that and the growing Mex-American population

He also didn't campaign there much either. I am not sure McCain has that much influence on the overall vote there.

I think it's still play, but the fact he could lose AZ is bizarre.

Side note, it's a shame he busted his [BLEEP] in Florida and made a major flip in the Hispanic vote and that didnt seem to really translate anywhere else.

(11-04-2020, 10:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 10:10 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Looks like at this point, NV is the only state Trump can count on for a chance to pull this off

He also didn't campaign there much either. I am not sure McCain has that much influence on the overall vote there.

Side note, it's a shame he busted his [BLEEP] in Florida and made a major flip in the Hispanic vote and that didnt seem to really translate anywhere else.

Hispanic is an artificial umbrella category we invented.
The only things the average mexican has in common with the average cuban is the spanish language and the catholic religion.  Cuba's culture, at least the part of it that immigrated here, is the most european part of latin american culture, while mexico's is one of the least european.  Also African slavery was a big deal in Cuba, but almost entirely absent in Mexico.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2020, 11:02 PM by jaglyn.)

I figured since Trump took a few personal jabs at McCain, maybe it didn't sit well with some people in AZ given his popularity there. And whatever that was, it was enough to turn those people, who typically lean Republican, against Trump.

I think you are underestimating how well liked McCain was in his home state. There was an older couple in my church that moved to an Arizona retirement community like a decade ago. They still keep in touch with my family. They were lifelong Republicans and they were ticked off about the comments Trump made about McCain, especially with Trump being a draft dodger and all. They said their friends and neighbors didn't take the comments well either. The way they talked, most of them were veterans themselves. That still doesn't sit well with some people and the fact that Trump continued downgrading the guy after his death made it even worse. Old people forget a lot of things, but they hold grudges as well as anyone I know. Also, take into account that Biden and McCain were best friends. If Trump indeed lost Arizona and that is the state that costs him the election, it should be referred to as "McCain's revenge".

Watching DeSantis on Hannity now. This guy seems like he is built for 2024.

(11-04-2020, 09:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

You can add Trump to your Tebow list of people who never got a fair shot

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/...620418002/

(11-04-2020, 11:25 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 09:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You probably think Roy Jones Jr lost in the 86 Olympics as well

You can add Trump to your Tebow list of people who never got a fair shot

Very true

(11-05-2020, 01:15 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/...620418002/

When stationed out there I worked with a lifelong Californian who told a story of a billboard once erected on the Oregon side of northbound I-5 which read "Don't Californicate Oregon". 

You ever heard tale of such a thing, SF?

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 09:13 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-05-2020, 09:08 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 10:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Watching DeSantis on Hannity now. This guy seems like he is built for 2024.

He was a little feisty with Fox earlier in the day.  Personally, I think Trump may make another play in 2024 if he doesn't win 2020.

I'd like to see someone like Romney once again come out of the GOP as I primarily lean toward the center.

I honestly don't see Biden running for another term so it will be equally as interesting to see which way the Dems side with a candidate if Biden opts out.  Can't be too left like AOC.

I just can't see that happening. He will be older and once he gets back to his billionaire lifestyle, not sure even he would be motivated to get back into the mix. It would be interesting to watch Trump primary again and see how that went down. I think Trump's ego will enjoy tweeting and the networks will have to cover him because Joe will be the most media unfriendly president that ever existed.

Romney? Get the hell out of here! Romney didn't even give it his all against Obama. I don't like what he has become. If someone like Romney or Mark Cuban were to run, I would stay home and not vote.

Biden won't make it through a first term. Kamala will be primaried in 2024. The civil war on the left was happening no matter what happened in this election.

(11-05-2020, 09:11 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 09:08 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: He was a little feisty with Fox earlier in the day.  Personally, I think Trump may make another play in 2024 if he doesn't win 2020.

I'd like to see someone like Romney once again come out of the GOP as I primarily lean toward the center.

I honestly don't see Biden running for another term so it will be equally as interesting to see which way the Dems side with a candidate if Biden opts out.  Can't be too left like AOC.

I just can't see that happening. He will be older and once he gets back to his billionaire lifestyle, not sure even he would be motivated to get back into the mix. It would be interesting to watch Trump primary again and see how that went down. I think Trump's ego will enjoy tweeting and the networks will have to cover him because Joe will be the most media unfriendly president that ever existed.

Romney? Get the hell out of here! Romney didn't even give it his all against Obama. I don't like what he has become. If someone like Romney or Mark Cuban were to run, I would stay home and not vote.

Biden won't make it through a first term. Kamala will be primaried in 2024. The civil war on the left was happening no matter what happened in this election.

I've read some rumors that Trump is planning to start his own TV network.  It would compete with Fox News channel for the right-wing viewer.  

He certainly has a lot of extremely devoted fans.  He'll probably figure out a way to make money on that.  Nothing wrong with that.  That's just free enterprise.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 11:12 AM by homebiscuit.)

(11-05-2020, 11:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 09:11 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I just can't see that happening. He will be older and once he gets back to his billionaire lifestyle, not sure even he would be motivated to get back into the mix. It would be interesting to watch Trump primary again and see how that went down. I think Trump's ego will enjoy tweeting and the networks will have to cover him because Joe will be the most media unfriendly president that ever existed.

I've read some rumors that Trump is planning to start his own TV network.  It would compete with Fox News channel for the right-wing viewer.  

He certainly has a lot of extremely devoted fans.  He'll probably figure out a way to make money on that.  Nothing wrong with that.  That's just free enterprise.

It’s also rumored that Bezos wants to buy CNN. 

I would be perfectly happy if one of these tycoons would buy an existing network, fire everyone, and start all over with a neutral network. Don’t even go 24 hours. Sign off at midnight and start again at 5:00 with nothing but news. CNN successfully did it for years, even at 24 hours.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 11:26 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-05-2020, 11:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 09:11 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I just can't see that happening. He will be older and once he gets back to his billionaire lifestyle, not sure even he would be motivated to get back into the mix. It would be interesting to watch Trump primary again and see how that went down. I think Trump's ego will enjoy tweeting and the networks will have to cover him because Joe will be the most media unfriendly president that ever existed.

I think he could be successful with that. With the recent turning of Fox News, I think he could poach some of their legitimate talent.

(11-05-2020, 11:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I've read some rumors that Trump is planning to start his own TV network.  It would compete with Fox News channel for the right-wing viewer.  

It’s also rumored that Bezos wants to buy CNN. 

I would be perfectly happy if one of these tycoons would buy an existing network, fire everyone, and start all over with a neutral network. Don’t even go 24 hours. Sign off at midnight and start again at 5:00 with nothing but news. CNN successfully did it for years, even at 24 hours.

Bezos owns the Washington Post and it is a political arm of the DNC. I wouldn't count on a Bezos owned CNN being fair and partial, lol.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 11:45 AM by homebiscuit.)

There was definitely something funny going on by Fox News calling Arizona so early. I was watching when it was called and it caught Bill Hemmer completely by surprise. He was doing his segment and scrolling though the big giant touchscreen all the networks use when he suddenly stopped and looked at the camera in dismay to announce the Fox election analysts had called Arizona so soon.

The guy who heads up Fox's election analysis, Arnon Mishkin, was highlighted in Chris Wallace's Sunday show as the "Power Player of the Week". Mishkin, an admitted democrat who voted for Hillary, vowed that personal politics plays no part in his calls. When he was interviewed not long after making the Arizona call, he cited several factors that put Trump out of competition. The on-air folks were baffled.

I don't know if Mishkin was allowing his politics to bias his views or if he was just incompetent, but the trends in Arizona show that Trump is closing in. Hell, even Rachel Maddow and MSNBC wouldn't call Arizona.

(11-05-2020, 11:25 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I've read some rumors that Trump is planning to start his own TV network.  It would compete with Fox News channel for the right-wing viewer.  

I think he could be successful with that. With the recent turning of Fox News, I think he could poach some of their legitimate talent.

(11-05-2020, 11:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s also rumored that Bezos wants to buy CNN. 

Bezos owns the Washington Post and it is a political arm of the DNC. I wouldn't count on a Bezos owned CNN being fair and partial, lol.

Me either.

(11-05-2020, 11:44 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: There was definitely something funny going on by Fox News calling Arizona so early. I was watching when it was called and it caught Bill Hemmer completely by surprise. He was doing his segment and scrolling though the big giant touchscreen all the networks use when he suddenly stopped and looked at the camera in dismay to announce the Fox election analysts had called Arizona so soon.

The guy who heads up Fox's election analysis, Arnon Mishkin, was highlighted in Chris Wallace's Sunday show as the "Power Player of the Week". Mishkin, an admitted democrat who voted for Hillary, vowed that personal politics plays no part in his calls. When he was interviewed not long after making the Arizona call, he cited several factors that put Trump out of competition. The on-air folks were baffled.

I don't know if Mishkin was allowing his politics to bias his views or if he was just incompetent, but the trends in Arizona show that Trump is closing in. Hell, even Rachel Maddow and MSNBC wouldn't call Arizona.

(11-05-2020, 11:25 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I think he could be successful with that. With the recent turning of Fox News, I think he could poach some of their legitimate talent.

Me either.

My understanding is that Paul Ryan has a "high" position at FNC and is one of the culprits of what is going on there right now. The hiring of people like Donna Brazille was the beginning of the end. Not sure what they were thinking with that hire. 

Tucker has shown visible frustration with the media lately, including those at his own network.  His departure wouldn't surprise me in the near future.

As far as calling AZ, Mishkin has had multiple opportunities to walk back his call and has dug his feet in the ground harder each time. At the end of the day, guys like that don't care. If they get fired, CNN or MSNBC will pick them up. It is a huge injustice to the voter calling something that early.

(11-05-2020, 07:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 01:15 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/...620418002/

When stationed out there I worked with a lifelong Californian who told a story of a billboard once erected on the Oregon side of northbound I-5 which read "Don't Californicate Oregon". 

You ever heard tale of such a thing, SF?

Never a billboard but I hear that virtually every time I cross a state line. Personally know quite a few people that have taken off for Arizona, Texas, Idaho, and Washington. If I wasn't tethered to a hunk of land I'd be doing the same. 

In the next 15 years we'll see a LARGE part of my area migrate to other states as they slowly choke off our water.