Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
'Scooby-Doo' co-creator, Ken Spears, dead at 82

Who Didn't watch Scooby growing up???????

Ken Spears, known best as the co-creator of the animated series "Scooby-Doo," has died. He was 82.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/sc...pears-dead
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-09-2020, 07:17 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Who Didn't watch Scooby growing up???????

Ken Spears, known best as the co-creator of the animated series "Scooby-Doo," has died. He was 82.

Not a lot of us, apparently.

I was a little bit too old to be watching Saturday morning cartoons by the time Scooby Doo came around, but it was fun to watch on rainy days, especially considering everything else going on in the world when it debuted in 1969. A couple of years later when I started smoking weed it was must see TV for me and my friends. We were certain Shaggy was a stoner and had all sorts of theories about what went on in the Mystery Machine.

RIP Ken Spears
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-13-2020, 11:50 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 07:17 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Who Didn't watch Scooby growing up???????

Not a lot of us, apparently.

I was a little bit too old to be watching Saturday morning cartoons by the time Scooby Doo came around, but it was fun to watch on rainy days, especially considering everything else going on in the world when it debuted in 1969. A couple of years later when I started smoking weed it was must see TV for me and my friends. We were certain Shaggy was a stoner and had all sorts of theories about what went on in the Mystery Machine.

RIP Ken Spears

We all know the truth. The four kids are all dead and reside in Purgatory while they work to solve mysteries to atone for their sins. Fred, a classic Alpha Male, was a bully, womanizer, and sociopath. Daphne, his girlfriend, was a vain socialite who used her figure and carnal skills to manipulate men to her will. Velma, an anti-war activist and academic, surrendered her friends and family to her studies and activism to inflate her own pride. Shaggy was a draft dodging stoner. When both Fred and Shag had their numbers drawn in the Draft they all decided to light out for Canada. While the others partied in the back of the van Shaggy, passing out from an OD, drove the Mystery Machine over a cliff killing them all. The Mystery Machine is their tomb, so they can never wander far from it lest they incite the wrath of Scooby Doo and Scrappy Doo, the demons assigned to oversee their labor of atonement. This torturous afterlife, one which they don't even really perceive as their existence, is evidenced by the most important characteristic of the dead in all literature...the dead NEVER CHANGE THEIR CLOTHES. Eventually Fred atones for his misdeeds and is released from Purgatory to the afterlife, followed not long after by Daphne. Poor Velma and Shaggy, the more notorious members of Mystery, Inc. are left to continue their endless pursuit of criminals, imbued with hope that each case will be their last, never realizing that they are doomed to Purgatory for eternity as each case solved only inflates Velma's pride and exacerbates Shaggy's addiction leaving them hopelessly caught in a cycle of sin and redemption.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-14-2020, 05:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 11:50 AM)rollerjag Wrote: Not a lot of us, apparently.

RIP Ken Spears

We all know the truth. The four kids are all dead and reside in Purgatory while they work to solve mysteries to atone for their sins. Fred, a classic Alpha Male, was a bully, womanizer, and sociopath. Daphne, his girlfriend, was a vain socialite who used her figure and carnal skills to manipulate men to her will. Velma, an anti-war activist and academic, surrendered her friends and family to her studies and activism to inflate her own pride. Shaggy was a draft dodging stoner. When both Fred and Shag had their numbers drawn in the Draft they all decided to light out for Canada. While the others partied in the back of the van Shaggy, passing out from an OD, drove the Mystery Machine over a cliff killing them all. The Mystery Machine is their tomb, so they can never wander far from it lest they incite the wrath of Scooby Doo and Scrappy Doo, the demons assigned to oversee their labor of atonement. This torturous afterlife, one which they don't even really perceive as their existence, is evidenced by the most important characteristic of the dead in all literature...the dead NEVER CHANGE THEIR CLOTHES. Eventually Fred atones for his misdeeds and is released from Purgatory to the afterlife, followed not long after by Daphne. Poor Velma and Shaggy, the more notorious members of Mystery, Inc. are left to continue their endless pursuit of criminals, imbued with hope that each case will be their last, never realizing that they are doomed to Purgatory for eternity as each case solved only inflates Velma's pride and exacerbates Shaggy's addiction leaving them hopelessly caught in a cycle of sin and redemption.

https://youtu.be/JW68goC4_es

(11-14-2020, 05:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 11:50 AM)rollerjag Wrote: Not a lot of us, apparently.

RIP Ken Spears

No animals were harmed in the production of this post.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Welp, that pretty much sums it up. Nice job FSG