Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This division is so far from contention...

Quote:Here's something to consider. Next week is a divisional match up, Indianapolis @ Jaguars* and Tennessee @ Houston. (The asterisk is because the "home" game for Jacksonville is in London).

Say both Jacksonville and Houston win. Houston would lead the division at 3-1 while it would be a 3 way tie for second at 1-3. Being down 2 games to the division leader after week 4 can be over come. The question is, which team will do it?

The Jaguars have to capitalize on this.

The weak division is the reason I am positive we make the playoffs. Even after starting 0-3.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The Jaguars have to capitalize on this.

The weak division is the reason I am positive we make the playoffs. Even after starting 0-3.
I think we will. Its either going to swing 1 way or the other. The players are sick and tired of losing. They either come out on fire or  fall flat after some early mistakes and get blown out, I don't see this team in a close game in London. I think they will blow out the Colts and kick start this season, we need this and we need to be relevant again. We are too talented not to be in the weakest division in football. 

Quote:Here's something to consider.  Next week is a divisional match up, Indianapolis @ Jaguars* and Tennessee @ Houston.  (The asterisk is because the "home" game for Jacksonville is in London).

Say both Jacksonville and Houston win.  Houston would lead the division at 3-1 while it would be a 3 way tie for second at 1-3.  Being down 2 games to the division leader after week 4 can be over come.  The question is, which team will do it?

Wouldn't it be better for Jax and Tenn to win? We'd only be one game out of first place in the division at 1-3 with both Tenn and Houston at 2-2 and Indy at 1-3.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:No....Just no.

Of course teams would love to play strong from start to finish but the important part is to finish.

I think what she is saying is you can't dig yourself into an 0-3 hole & expect to do anything about it. At 0-3 you're pretty much screwed.
ImATexan

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2016, 09:53 AM by Thunderkyss.)

Quote:It's also getting overlooked that the Texans had no tape on Brissett to figure out his tendencies and how to stop him. If Brissett were to keep playing, teams would eventually gather tape on him and would probably figure out a way to limit him. Rookies often have this advantage in their very first start. Just look at last year how Mariota torched an unsuspecting but good Bucs defense week one. After that game, teams had a better feel for Mariota and he never since came anywhere close to repeating that performance.
Brissett didn't do anything but not screw it up.

The Patriots were able to run at will & we're gifted "goal to go" avg starting field position.

The Texans will be in the same situation versus the Titans if they can't hold on to the football.
ImATexan

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2016, 09:55 AM by superfan32.)

How could Indy be 0-4 when they won last week?

Edit:  I was replying to Skeet Broball.  For some reason I can't quote people.

Have you seen my baseball?

^ FYI Current AFCS Standings:

Texans 2-1

Titans 1-2

Colts 1-2

Jaguar 0-3

No divisional games played yet,, until this coming weekend.

Quote:The AFCS definitely is the worst of the divisions and if it weren't for the Manning lead colts of the last decade it would have always been a division of dregs. Would the division winner of the AFCS manage to win any of the other divisions since Manning left? I know some colts homer will say their 2014 team could compete, but honestly I don't think they look nearly as good without getting six free gimme wins against the AFCS.

The AFCEast has been just as bad over the last decade.

The NFCEast not much better, that division was won by an 8-8 team not too long ago. Heck, the Seahawks won their division not that long ago with a losing record.

The AFCSouth sent two teams to the playoffs in Luck's rookie year.
ImATexan

Quote:How could Indy be 0-4 when they won last week?

Edit:  I was replying to Skeet Broball.  For some reason I can't quote people.

My bad, I meant 1-3

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote: A number of teams with 0-2 records, let alone 0-1 records, went on to win NFL Championships/ Super Bowls.

Colts, Bears, Raiders, Titans, Chiefs...

It's possible for a team to go 5-0 against that line up. Then you'd be 5-3 after 8 games.

Even if you lose one, 4-4 after 8 isn't bad.

The schedule after that isn't too bad. It could happen, I wouldn't give up hope.

But the winning absolutely needs to start this week. Gotta have that division win.
ImATexan

Quote:I think we will. Its either going to swing 1 way or the other. The players are sick and tired of losing. They either come out on fire or fall flat after some early mistakes and get blown out, I don't see this team in a close game in London. I think they will blow out the Colts and kick start this season, we need this and we need to be relevant again. We are too talented not to be in the weakest division in football.

Now is when you find out if the team is buying what the coach is selling. He'll undoubtedly be telling them they have a chance. Either they stay the course, or he's figured out the changes that need to be made.

Their play this week will tell you what they think of Gus Bradley.
ImATexan

Quote:Colts, Bears, Raiders, Titans, Chiefs...

It's possible for a team to go 5-0 against that line up. Then you'd be 5-3 after 8 games.

Even if you lose one, 4-4 after 8 isn't bad.

The schedule after that isn't too bad. It could happen, I wouldn't give up hope.

But the winning absolutely needs to start this week. Gotta have that division win.

Though it's hard to predict what the injury situation will be for the respective games the further away from the game,  at this time the Chiefs look to be the toughest of these opponents for the Jaguars.   The Chiefs got things turned around with an impressive win against a good Jets team.   Having said this,  unless a team is at the Patriots level or close to that,  every opponent is realistically dangerous in an NFL game. 

Quote:Wouldn't it be better for Jax and Tenn to win? We'd only be one game out of first place in the division at 1-3 with both Tenn and Houston at 2-2 and Indy at 1-3.

True though unlikely in my opinion.  I would be surprised if Tennessee beats Houston this weekend... but then again, any given Sunday.

That would mean the division would be.

Houston 2-2

Tennessee 2-2

Jacksonville 1-3

Indianapolis 1-3

It's not the ideal way to start out in the 1st quarter of the season, but still shows that the divisional championship is still up for grabs.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:The AFCEast has been just as bad over the last decade.

The NFCEast not much better, that division was won by an 8-8 team not too long ago. Heck, the Seahawks won their division not that long ago with a losing record.

The AFCSouth sent two teams to the playoffs in Luck's rookie year.

I meant that essentially since Peyton left the division hasn't had a realistic shot at a Superbowl and it's winner has been put into position to be on the playoffs more due to ineptness in the middle and bottom of the division than capability in teams finishing on top.

Really the Jaguars and Titans (with special appearances by the texans in 2013) have been absolute trash and just fodder for passing stats and record for the colts under luck.

Quote:Here's something to consider.  Next week is a divisional match up, Indianapolis @ Jaguars* and Tennessee @ Houston.  (The asterisk is because the "home" game for Jacksonville is in London).

Say both Jacksonville and Houston win.  Houston would lead the division at 3-1 while it would be a 3 way tie for second at 1-3.  Being down 2 games to the division leader after week 4 can be over come.  The question is, which team will do it?

All offseason and preseason the media said either Jacksonville or Houston will win the division title. It is way too early to say which team will win more games later on because anything can happen.

Quote:I think what she is saying is you can't dig yourself into an 0-3 hole & expect to do anything about it. At 0-3 you're pretty much screwed.

We can do something about it but the odds are against us reaching the surface after digging a hole.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2016, 07:31 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:True though unlikely in my opinion.  I would be surprised if Tennessee beats Houston this weekend... but then again, any given Sunday.

That would mean the division would be.

Houston 2-2

Tennessee 2-2

Jacksonville 1-3

Indianapolis 1-3

It's not the ideal way to start out in the 1st quarter of the season, but still shows that the divisional championship is still up for grabs.

At this point anything less than ideal is bad news for Jacksonville.

I root against the Texans every week. We need them to lose even if we win.