Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Election fraud or a nothingburger?

(12-04-2020, 10:31 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 10:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I have no idea what they were doing.  Neither do you.  

Again, don't you think the right thing to do before we accept this as evidence of anything is to ask the people in the video what they were doing?  Especially after, so far, all this so-called "evidence" has been debunked by several dozen judges, Republican state officials,  and the Attorney General himself? 

Don't you think that the track record of all these court cases and investigations would push a normal thinking person into the "prove it" camp?

What would be a plausible explanation for you as to why you’d kick everyone one out by telling them  you’re stopping the count for the night, only to start back up as soon as everyone is gone? And do you think if they were up to no good, they’re going to admit they were up to no good? 

Do you really need to wait until someone tells you what your opinion should be before you can say that what’s going on in that video looks shady?

You wouldn't even ask the people in the video what they were doing and why before you charge them with election fraud?  Don't you think we should examine the facts thoroughly before we start throwing wild charges around?  Don't you think the track record of all these election fraud theories and videos should leave you a little skeptical of the next one to come along?  

Jesus Christ.  How many of these things need to be debunked before you take a step back and decide you're not going to immediately accept every charge that's thrown out there?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-04-2020, 10:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 10:31 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: What would be a plausible explanation for you as to why you’d kick everyone one out by telling them  you’re stopping the count for the night, only to start back up as soon as everyone is gone? And do you think if they were up to no good, they’re going to admit they were up to no good? 

Do you really need to wait until someone tells you what your opinion should be before you can say that what’s going on in that video looks shady?

You wouldn't even ask the people in the video what they were doing and why before you charge them with election fraud?  Don't you think we should examine the facts thoroughly before we start throwing wild charges around?  Don't you think the track record of all these election fraud theories and videos should leave you a little skeptical of the next one to come along?  

Jesus Christ.  How many of these things need to be debunked before you take a step back and decide you're not going to immediately accept every charge that's thrown out there?

She is literally asking YOU what YOU think is happening in the video!

Jesus Christ, answer the question!

[Image: lV0Xii.gif]

(12-04-2020, 10:31 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: What would be a plausible explanation for you as to why you’d kick everyone one out by telling them  you’re stopping the count for the night, only to start back up as soon as everyone is gone? And do you think if they were up to no good, they’re going to admit they were up to no good? 

So that’s a yes on you’re waiting for someone to tell you what to think, okay. At least you’re honest about it.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-04-2020, 10:43 AM)The Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 10:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You wouldn't even ask the people in the video what they were doing and why before you charge them with election fraud?  Don't you think we should examine the facts thoroughly before we start throwing wild charges around?  Don't you think the track record of all these election fraud theories and videos should leave you a little skeptical of the next one to come along?  

So that’s a yes on you’re waiting for someone to tell you what to think, okay. At least you’re honest about it.
I thought we were supposed to wait for all the evidence to be presented before jumping to conclusions? Isn’t that what many of you have been preaching on here when it comes to just about everything?

(12-04-2020, 10:43 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 10:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You wouldn't even ask the people in the video what they were doing and why before you charge them with election fraud?  Don't you think we should examine the facts thoroughly before we start throwing wild charges around?  Don't you think the track record of all these election fraud theories and videos should leave you a little skeptical of the next one to come along?  

Come on, BchBunnie4.  You know that's not what I'm saying.

(12-04-2020, 10:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 10:43 AM)The Bchbunnie4 Wrote: So that’s a yes on you’re waiting for someone to tell you what to think, okay. At least you’re honest about it.
I thought we were supposed to wait for all the evidence to be presented before jumping to conclusions? Isn’t that what many of you have been preaching on here when it comes to just about everything?

I’m not asking for him to convict anyone. I’m simply asking him what he thinks is going on.

So, what do you think is going on in that video?

"I'm not going to make any claim until I hear all the facts. There's probably a simple explanation."

(12-04-2020, 10:47 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 10:43 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: So that’s a yes on you’re waiting for someone to tell you what to think, okay. At least you’re honest about it.

Come on, BchBunnie4.  You know that's not what I'm saying.

Then tell me what you think is going on in that video.

(12-04-2020, 10:53 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 10:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I thought we were supposed to wait for all the evidence to be presented before jumping to conclusions? Isn’t that what many of you have been preaching on here when it comes to just about everything?

I’m not asking for him to convict anyone. I’m simply asking him what he thinks is going on.

So, what do you think is going on in that video?
Who knows? 

When 3 guys jumped out of a truck and shot an unarmed black man, what do you think is going on?

The point is that some of you are REAL quick to scream election fraud but if Trump had won, none of you would be saying a word.

(12-04-2020, 10:54 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 10:47 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Come on, BchBunnie4.  You know that's not what I'm saying.

Then tell me what you think is going on in that video.

I have already answered that question.  I don't know.  Is it okay with you if we actually have all the available facts before we decide if we can come to some sort of conclusion?  All we have is a video showing someone doing something, and a claim that it is evidence of election fraud.  Do you think we should stop there?  Not ask any questions?  Charge election fraud without even asking the people if they have an explanation, and then evaluating what they say, ask them to prove what they say, etc etc etc?  

I can't believe you would stick to that position.  Especially after charge after charge has been thoroughly debunked.

The important question now is if the authorities plan on questioning these people. While I believe there is not enough provable fraud to overturn the election, investigating what we're seeing here could have big impact on the upcoming runoff election.

Here you go, Marty: You can use this to thoroughly debunk this video.

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/2020/...pMhRD2U_bw

Now it appears that Gov Kemp is calling for a signature audit recount of the Georgia vote. If that happens then things could get messy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-04-2020, 12:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Now it appears that Gov Kemp is calling for a signature audit recount of the Georgia vote. If that happens then things could get messy.

He's also saying that only the Secretary of State has the authority to do so.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2020, 01:17 PM by The Real Marty.)

(12-04-2020, 11:41 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Here you go, Marty: You can use this to thoroughly debunk this video.

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/2020/...pMhRD2U_bw

Okay, that's one explanation.  I wouldn't say it "thoroughly debunks" anything.  It's just another person's story.  

Again, I don't know how many times I have to say it, I'm not convinced of anything about that video.  I simply think that, especially with the track record of these allegations so far, our default position should not be to assume election fraud every time it's alleged, but rather, to wait for more information to come out.  Because almost every single time so far, these allegations have proven to be false.

(12-04-2020, 12:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 12:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Now it appears that Gov Kemp is calling for a signature audit recount of the Georgia vote. If that happens then things could get messy.

He's also saying that only the Secretary of State has the authority to do so.

The Secretary of State is saying he doesn't have that authority, and that only a court could order a signature audit.  

Besides, what happens if a signature on an envelope does not match the signature on file?  They can't trace it to a ballot.  So they wouldn't know which ballots to throw out.  

Kemp is just trying to shift the blame to someone else.  He's getting a lot of heat from MAGA world.

Everyone is trying to shift blame. The courts, the sos.... doesn't matter. No one is going to overturn an election in the US without an undisputed smoking gun. Trump or no trump, this stuff needs to get cleaned up and it's not going to happen because democrats will never get on board. I wonder why?

It's a shame some of you guys get duped into calling trump a dictator while democrats destroy all of our institutions in front of your face.

Two facts from the video are absolutely clear. 1: Everyone left except those specific people and 2: they pulled suitcases out from under a table, moved them to the ballot counting machine area and started working. 

That doesn't count the sworn testimony of people who were there who said everyone was told to leave; that ballot counting would resume the following morning at 0830; local media noticed people were still there and called to alert the poll workers who showed up just as the folks in the video were leaving. 

It looks shady as hell. 

I watched a video this morning from a meeting of GA lawmakers that gave some context to the situation, and maybe better info is out now, but if it looks shady and it sounds shady.....how do you think people are going to react? I haven't really had much to say about this subject because I don't know how this stuff works as far as state laws go and such (every state is different) but when something doesn't look right, just on the face of it, I tend to think it's shady, but I wait for facts, such as they are. The video I started this thread with showed shady behavior and it turns out it was. But it's some small county in NC so nobody cares. 

Everybody should care about every single thing that shows shady [BLEEP] going down. I don't care if it changes the election results or not. If there is the smallest amount of evidence of wrongdoing anywhere people should demand accountability and transparency and change so future elections actually are fair and accurate. This should be the mindset of every American citizen.  

The state senator in the video I watched said what I was thinking. If the republicans were doing this, it would be sold as fact in the media and they would be crucified or burned at the stake. And I'll add that cities would be burning and DC would be having seizures.

Some people are perfectly fine with our country becoming a banana republic. I don't know why, but they are.

(12-04-2020, 10:31 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 10:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I have no idea what they were doing.  Neither do you.  

Again, don't you think the right thing to do before we accept this as evidence of anything is to ask the people in the video what they were doing?  Especially after, so far, all this so-called "evidence" has been debunked by several dozen judges, Republican state officials,  and the Attorney General himself? 

Don't you think that the track record of all these court cases and investigations would push a normal thinking person into the "prove it" camp?

What would be a plausible explanation for you as to why you’d kick everyone one out by telling them  you’re stopping the count for the night, only to start back up as soon as everyone is gone? And do you think if they were up to no good, they’re going to admit they were up to no good? 

Did they start up after everyone is gone?

My thought is, with Watergate, they knew it was shady because someone stopped the recording for no good reason. Apparently this recording is continuous? They must have thought everything they were doing was above board, or they must be extremely sophisticated in their deception.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.