Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Michigan Dems playing dirty.......

(11-19-2020, 10:59 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 10:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: You only illustrated that looney people do looney things while also showing support for a political candidate. Can we claim the attempted execution of the police officers in California was instigated by Joe Biden if the shooter supported him?

No.  There is no logic to that argument, because Biden was not spewing vitriolic rhetoric towards towards any police officers.  Trump, on the other hand, has repeatedly attacked Whitmer and suggested that the people of Michigan "should not stand for it" and praised right-wing militia groups that showed up with weapons to protest on Michigan government grounds.  The "lock her up" chants were directed at Whitmer this year, and he egged them on.  Trump would not even denounce the Michigan militia groups.  I know you are smart enough to see the difference between the situations... they aren't even remotely comparable.  

Presidential words matter.  Words lead to thoughts; thoughts to emotions; emotions to behavior.

Did he specifically encourage "right-wing militia groups", or did he encourage everyone to practice their rights to legally protest the governor?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 11:19 AM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-19-2020, 11:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 10:59 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: No.  There is no logic to that argument, because Biden was not spewing vitriolic rhetoric towards towards any police officers.  Trump, on the other hand, has repeatedly attacked Whitmer and suggested that the people of Michigan "should not stand for it" and praised right-wing militia groups that showed up with weapons to protest on Michigan government grounds.  The "lock her up" chants were directed at Whitmer this year, and he egged them on.  Trump would not even denounce the Michigan militia groups.  I know you are smart enough to see the difference between the situations... they aren't even remotely comparable.  

Presidential words matter.  Words lead to thoughts; thoughts to emotions; emotions to behavior.

Did he specifically encourage "right-wing militia groups", or did he encourage everyone to practice their rights to legally protest the governor?

I'm not going to have a simple-minded back and forth with you regarding semantics.  You know you're wrong.  Trump spews vitriol and hatred every time he opens his mouth.  Some idiots love it, but some idiots hate it.  That's why he lost the election... by a landslide.  And in a couple months, it won't matter anymore because he will be spending all his time just trying to avoid prison.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-19-2020, 11:18 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 11:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Did he specifically encourage "right-wing militia groups", or did he encourage everyone to practice their rights to legally protest the governor?

I'm not going to have a simple-minded back and forth with you regarding semantics.  You know you're wrong.  Trump spews vitriol and hatred every time he opens his mouth.  Some idiots love it, but some idiots hate it.  That's why he lost the election... by a landslide.  And in a couple months, it won't matter anymore because he will be spending all his time just trying to avoid prison.

I find it odd that you would lay accusations of a crime at Trump's feet by declaring the suspects were following his narrative while simultaneously following the narrative of his political foes with unsubstantiated claims. 

Interesting.

(11-19-2020, 10:12 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:14 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You weren’t on here calling them out either, we’re you?

I just simultaneously called out the left-wing nut jobs for doxxing kids and the right-wing nut jobs for their planned kidnapping.  Not that hard to do.  You should try it.

(11-19-2020, 09:40 AM)copycat Wrote: I recall people calling them out.  You would know that if you were here then but you didn't crawl out from under your rock until AFTER the election.

You weren't one of them and neither was he.  If you want to call out one group of extremists, at least recognize the other.  Don't characterize "Democrats" or "Republicans" endorsing bad behavior... neither groups do.  It's extremists on the fringes of either party.  Pretty simple to recognize.

And obviously you're upset about the election results... who cares when I started posting.  You lost.  Get over it.

Political bandwagoning at it’s finest, ladies and gentlemen.  Rolleyes
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 11:59 AM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-19-2020, 11:26 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 11:18 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I'm not going to have a simple-minded back and forth with you regarding semantics.  You know you're wrong.  Trump spews vitriol and hatred every time he opens his mouth.  Some idiots love it, but some idiots hate it.  That's why he lost the election... by a landslide.  And in a couple months, it won't matter anymore because he will be spending all his time just trying to avoid prison.

I find it odd that you would lay accusations of a crime at Trump's feet by declaring the suspects were following his narrative while simultaneously following the narrative of his political foes with unsubstantiated claims. 

Interesting.

I am not accusing Trump of a crime (in this instance anyway; there are MANY more situations where he is clearly a criminal and will pay a price soon).  But he is stoking the the flames of hatred and division constantly.   And from his platform, it influences simpletons like you saw in Michigan to act.  If you don't recognize that, you are a sheep.

And... you still haven't condemned the right-wing militia group who were attempting to kidnap a US governor.

(11-19-2020, 11:40 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 10:12 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I just simultaneously called out the left-wing nut jobs for doxxing kids and the right-wing nut jobs for their planned kidnapping.  Not that hard to do.  You should try it.

You weren't one of them and neither was he.  If you want to call out one group of extremists, at least recognize the other.  Don't characterize "Democrats" or "Republicans" endorsing bad behavior... neither groups do.  It's extremists on the fringes of either party.  Pretty simple to recognize.

And obviously you're upset about the election results... who cares when I started posting.  You lost.  Get over it.

Political bandwagoning at it’s finest, ladies and gentlemen.  Rolleyes

You still haven't condemned the right-wing militia group who were attempting to kidnap a US governor.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

Invective, right on cue.

(11-19-2020, 12:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Invective, right on cue.

Do you find it ironic that people who support Trump are more concerned about invective language on an anonymous message board and demand a higher standard here than they do from their own president speaking in public?  Pretty snow-flakey...

(11-19-2020, 12:07 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:

Do you find it ironic that people who support Trump are more concerned about invective language on an anonymous message board and demand a higher standard here than they do from their own president speaking in public?  Pretty snow-flakey...

Attaboy.

(11-19-2020, 12:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 12:07 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Do you find it ironic that people who support Trump are more concerned about invective language on an anonymous message board and demand a higher standard here than they do from their own president speaking in public?  Pretty snow-flakey...

Attaboy.

Thanks girlfriend!

(11-19-2020, 12:11 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 12:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Attaboy.

Thanks girlfriend!

Don’t forget proudboy and sheep.

His modus operandi.

(11-19-2020, 12:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 12:11 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Thanks girlfriend!

Don’t forget proudboy and sheep.

I'm just trying to maintain the high standard of the current office of the presidency.  How am I doing?

(11-19-2020, 12:25 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 12:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Don’t forget proudboy and sheep.

I'm just trying to maintain the high standard of the current office of the presidency.  How am I doing?

Honestly? Your material is getting stale.

(11-19-2020, 12:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 12:25 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I'm just trying to maintain the high standard of the current office of the presidency.  How am I doing?

Honestly? Your material is getting stale.

So I am maintaining the standard set by the president then... good!  Thanks for your feedback.

(11-19-2020, 12:47 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 12:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Honestly? Your material is getting stale.

So I am maintaining the standard set by the president then... good!  Thanks for your feedback.

Calling out bad behavior while acting in same manner and still thinking you’re somehow morally superior. I’d +1 you for sheer hypocrisy but you know...#whiners.

(11-19-2020, 01:12 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 12:47 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: So I am maintaining the standard set by the president then... good!  Thanks for your feedback.

Calling out bad behavior while acting in same manner and still thinking you’re somehow morally superior. I’d +1 you for sheer hypocrisy but you know...#whiners.

*snicker*

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 02:16 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-19-2020, 01:12 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 12:47 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: So I am maintaining the standard set by the president then... good!  Thanks for your feedback.

I'd +1 you for the same sheer hypocrisy, but on a much larger scale than mine.  You support Trump behaving like a complete idiot daily on a world stage just because your beliefs align with his; but you call out my behavior on an insignificant, lightly-traveled message board that is anonymous because you don't like my point of view?  That's more like a +101 level of hypocrisy... don't cha think?

PS- You spelt "winners" wrong on your hashtag   Banana

(11-19-2020, 02:09 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:12 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Calling out bad behavior while acting in same manner and still thinking you’re somehow morally superior. I’d +1 you for sheer hypocrisy but you know...#whiners.

I'd +1 you for the same sheer hypocrisy, but on a much larger scale than mine.  You support Trump behaving like a complete idiot daily on a world stage just because your beliefs align with his; but you call me out on an insignificant, lightly-traveled message board that is anonymous because you don't like my point of view.  That's more like a +101 level of hypocrisy... don't cha think?

Nope...not even close. I’m not the one acting like a horses [BLEEP], I’m just the one pointing it out. Huge difference.

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 02:26 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-19-2020, 02:15 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 02:09 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I'd +1 you for the same sheer hypocrisy, but on a much larger scale than mine.  You support Trump behaving like a complete idiot daily on a world stage just because your beliefs align with his; but you call me out on an insignificant, lightly-traveled message board that is anonymous because you don't like my point of view.  That's more like a +101 level of hypocrisy... don't cha think?

Nope...not even close. I’m not the one acting like a horses [BLEEP], I’m just the one pointing it out. Huge difference.

Yes.  You're calling me out on an insignificant message board; but you are cheering for your Hush-Money-Paying President who is being a bigger horse's [BLEEP] on a world-wide platform because you agree with his politics.  THAT is the hypocrisy...

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 03:05 PM by mikesez.)

It is not at all hypocritical to believe that the person entrusted with the highest office in the world should have a higher standard of behavior than someone who works at an oil rig or an engineering office.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.