Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reputation's back, boys!

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 08:46 PM by Jags.)

...and just like that you went back to -28.  You were doing well working yourself out of a hole. I took back a plus I gave you in good faith.

(11-22-2020, 08:32 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 07:05 PM)Jags Wrote: I love you, man!

Thanks! Hey, we should get a modern Victorian and collect cats together... Wouldn’t that be cool? I have decent benefits...just saying..think about it.. holla back!

I’m more of a land guy.  If we swap the modern Victorian out for acreage and the cats for hunting rifles...I’m willing to listen.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-22-2020, 08:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 04:05 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You’re confusing anger with repulsion. And you can stop with the manipulative bull [BLEEP] cuz it’s not working on me. 
You are the pathetic, whiny kind of man who beats his wife and kids then blames them for making him do it...just a “provocative example” of course. 

I really wish as a moderator I had a block list, because you would be the first and only person on it. The rest of y’all can engage with this sorry excuse of a troll all you want, but I’m done wasting my time.

You don't feel repulsion.
Someone who feels repelled doesn't even reply.
They leave.
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

(11-22-2020, 04:22 PM)Corriewf Wrote: When I visualize Mike reading your post...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Dan was a war hero! I'll take it!

The moral of the story is that as Dan continued to push back at Forrest disregarding him as stupid. It wasn’t until the storm on the fishing boat where Dan realized Forrest was his Daddy. Time to stop going against the grain and accept your life’s Daddy. Then you get your magic legs...

(11-22-2020, 08:41 PM)Jags Wrote: ...and just like that you went back to -28.  You were doing well working yourself out of a hole. I took back a plus I gave you in good faith.

(11-22-2020, 08:32 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Thanks! Hey, we should get a modern Victorian and collect cats together... Wouldn’t that be cool? I have decent benefits...just saying..think about it.. holla back!

I’m more of a land guy.  If we swap the modern Victorian out for acreage and the cats for hunting rifles...I’m willing to listen.

Compromise...house boat...everywhere is our backyard... replace hunting rifles with knitting needles.... knit coats for the cats. 

Just a couple of straight guys...knitting sweaters...for cats..sailing the world.. come at me bro!

(11-22-2020, 08:56 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 08:41 PM)Jags Wrote: ...and just like that you went back to -28.  You were doing well working yourself out of a hole. I took back a plus I gave you in good faith.

Compromise...house boat...everywhere is our backyard... replace hunting rifles with knitting needles.... knit coats for the cats. 

Just a couple of straight guys...knitting sweaters...for cats..sailing the world.. come at me bro!

Lmao.  Too bad I’ve already used my upvotes on you today.  This one deserves it.  Would you be upset if I hunted the cats and grilled some Chinese food for us?

(11-22-2020, 09:02 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 08:56 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Compromise...house boat...everywhere is our backyard... replace hunting rifles with knitting needles.... knit coats for the cats. 

Lmao.  Too bad I’ve already used my upvotes on you today.  This one deserves it.  Would you be upset if I hunted the cats and grilled some Chinese food for us?
My votes are sold to him today too. I gave you one rep because Chinese food is an acceptable replacement.

(11-22-2020, 09:02 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 08:56 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Compromise...house boat...everywhere is our backyard... replace hunting rifles with knitting needles.... knit coats for the cats. 

Ehhh I dunno man. That’s a double edged sword. On the one hand culling the population is completely necessary as we won’t be able to maintain sweater knitting to accommodate exponentially. However, the more cats on the boat the fatter the check is from TLC for our reality tv show.

(11-22-2020, 08:50 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 08:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: You don't feel repulsion.
Someone who feels repelled doesn't even reply.
They leave.
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Dan was a war hero! I'll take it!

The moral of the story is that as Dan continued to push back at Forrest disregarding him as stupid. It wasn’t until the storm on the fishing boat where Dan realized Forrest was his Daddy. Time to stop going against the grain and accept your life’s Daddy. Then you get your magic legs...

Dan didn't have a problem with Forrest.  Dan just thought he was supposed to be dead, and he was mad at God about that, not Forrest.  When the storm came he shouted at God the whole time and then he felt better.

Anyhow I'm still not sure while you bring it up but this civilian is flattered at the comparison.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-22-2020, 10:05 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 08:50 PM)Corriewf Wrote: The moral of the story is that as Dan continued to push back at Forrest disregarding him as stupid. It wasn’t until the storm on the fishing boat where Dan realized Forrest was his Daddy. Time to stop going against the grain and accept your life’s Daddy. Then you get your magic legs...

Dan didn't have a problem with Forrest.  Dan just thought he was supposed to be dead, and he was mad at God about that, not Forrest.  When the storm came he shouted at God the whole time and then he felt better.

Anyhow I'm still not sure while you bring it up but this civilian is flattered at the comparison.

I'd give you a "You're a weird guy, Ace" reference, but I'm afraid you would take it too seriously and prattle on about how much you endear being compared to an outlandish fictional character played Jim Carey in a ridiculous comedy.

(11-22-2020, 11:21 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 10:05 PM)mikesez Wrote: Dan didn't have a problem with Forrest.  Dan just thought he was supposed to be dead, and he was mad at God about that, not Forrest.  When the storm came he shouted at God the whole time and then he felt better.

I'd give you a "You're a weird guy, Ace" reference, but I'm afraid you would take it too seriously and prattle on about how much you endear being compared to an outlandish fictional character played Jim Carey in a ridiculous comedy.

One day we'll read about him being a Buffalo Bill.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 11:07 AM by Mikey.)

(11-21-2020, 11:05 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Kids, just knock it off in here.

...and there's the first thumbs-up worthy post of the thread.

(11-21-2020, 11:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 10:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: That’s okay, almost all of one of those users negatives are from you. He just has enough thumbs ups that it didn’t affect his numbers.

I know the story just as well as you.  Negative points just weren't 'done' until someone started giving them out, not you, not me, not those two.  And apparently they weren't talked about either.  Why would they be?  No one else was giving them, no one else was getting them.  Then I started a thread about it.  And even though I was the victim, not the instigator, I got blamed.  People still blame me.

I used to wonder why there are so many societies where people who report rape or sexual abuse are punished further.  Honor killings and stuff like that.  I don't wonder about that anymore.  When someone holds up a mirror, and you don't like what's in the mirror, the easiest thing to do is knock them down so they can't hold the mirror anymore.  If you have the social status to do it, that is what you'll do.  Changing your own self and how you interact with the other influential people in the society is harder.  I'm not equating the bullying I received here to rape, I'm just making a provocative example to illustrate the point.

I mean I'm all for turning over a new leaf and being more jovial and sharing alcoholic beverages, but if y'all keep bringing it up I'll keep telling you what it was and what it says about you.

I....wut?

in the words of the legendary Shag52..... WoW

(11-22-2020, 08:50 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 01:03 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Dude, screw the first paragraph. You are equating rape, sexual abuse and honor killings to getting your feelings hurt over a stupid thump button. There aren’t enough words to describe how seriously messed up that is. Dear God, what is wrong with you???

I literally wrote "I'm not equating the two".

It's odd how often you get the opposite meaning out of what I'm writing.
Like, you start reading with the intent of finding something to make you mad.
Do you enjoy being mad?
What's wrong with you?

....but you still brought it to the table. Personally, I give zero farts about the numbers to the left, whether that's post count, reps, location, whatever, as long as the person is bringing worthwhile or entertaining content to the thread.

Let's get beyond the terrible attempt at an equivalence...simply put, would you feel more comfortable about what others think of your posts if your rep was 0? Like, unable to go negative? Maybe you could get better results by making a simple request to the admins about how the system displays, rather than equating it to a loss of life.

(11-23-2020, 11:16 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Do you enjoy being mad?
What's wrong with you?

....but you still brought it to the table. Personally, I give zero farts about the numbers to the left, whether that's post count, reps, location, whatever, as long as the person is bringing worthwhile or entertaining content to the thread.

Let's get beyond the terrible attempt at an equivalence...simply put, would you feel more comfortable about what others think of your posts if your rep was 0? Like, unable to go negative? Maybe you could get better results by making a simple request to the admins about how the system displays, rather than equating it to a loss of life.

Lol, he wants to be celebrated for his genius and deep thoughts. Sadly he's also a moron.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-23-2020, 01:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 11:16 AM)Mikey Wrote: ....but you still brought it to the table. Personally, I give zero farts about the numbers to the left, whether that's post count, reps, location, whatever, as long as the person is bringing worthwhile or entertaining content to the thread.

Lol, he wants to be celebrated for his genius and deep thoughts. Sadly he's also a moron.
[Image: Deep-Thoughts-Hulu.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 12:53 PM by mikesez.)

(11-23-2020, 11:16 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Do you enjoy being mad?
What's wrong with you?

Of course I would prefer if the number under my name said zero instead of negative 26.
But I don't want any special treatment.
And I don't want it to just be about me.
I've already talked enough about this issue, I have to leave proposing solutions to somebody else.
If we're going to bump all negative ratings up to zero, it has to be done for everybody, and it should only be done if most of the posters agree.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

You'll get out of the red eventually, just keep working on it.

(11-24-2020, 01:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You'll get out of the red eventually, just keep working on it.

(11-24-2020, 01:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You'll get out of the red eventually, just keep working on it.

What’s the over/under? Before or after Biden dies in office?  I’ll take the over.

(11-24-2020, 08:43 PM)Jags Wrote:

What’s the over/under? Before or after Biden dies in office?  I’ll take the over.

I'll take the under, he only needs NBB's 3 a day for 9 more days to do it.

(11-24-2020, 08:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 08:43 PM)Jags Wrote: What’s the over/under? Before or after Biden dies in office?  I’ll take the over.

I'll take the under, he only needs NBB's 3 a day for 9 more days to do it.
Miketunebeachsez is waaaay too smart to make it that obvious.  He’ll keep it like a vitamin and do one a day. But still should make you right. If it was without his other account, I think I’d be right

(11-24-2020, 09:04 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 08:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'll take the under, he only needs NBB's 3 a day for 9 more days to do it.
Miketunebeachsez is waaaay too smart to make it that obvious.  He’ll keep it like a vitamin and do one a day. But still should make you right. If it was without his other account, I think I’d be right

+1 for you Jags!  You've got it all figured out!
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.