Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What if he doesn't concede?

(11-22-2020, 11:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 11:47 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Does it really matter what they want? At the end of the day, Americans need to trust the integrity of our election system. It's essentially the backbone of our entire democracy.  

IMO, there is a huge amount of effort being put forth by the Trump legal team for the sole intention of bringing attention to the issue.

It entirely matters what they want because they do not want to get involved unless overwhelming evidence is presented to hear a case. So far none has. Had the courts been wanting to get involved based on the scantest of evidence, that would be more alarming than election fraud. 

Judges are keenly aware that courts becoming involved in the domain of voter decision is a dangerous place.

Personally, I'd like to see a deeper investigation into Dominion. The claims Sidney Powell are making are pretty serious. An investigation into the source code on those machines would put the Dominion issue to rest pretty quickly and not involve the SCOTUS.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-22-2020, 12:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 11:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It entirely matters what they want because they do not want to get involved unless overwhelming evidence is presented to hear a case. So far none has. Had the courts been wanting to get involved based on the scantest of evidence, that would be more alarming than election fraud. 

Judges are keenly aware that courts becoming involved in the domain of voter decision is a dangerous place.

Personally, I'd like to see a deeper investigation into Dominion. The claims Sidney Powell are making are pretty serious. An investigation into the source code on those machines would put the Dominion issue to rest pretty quickly and not involve the SCOTUS.

You misspelled "baseless".

"The claims Sidney Powell are making are pretty serious baseless".

Fixed it for you.  You're welcome.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 12:22 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-22-2020, 12:15 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 12:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Personally, I'd like to see a deeper investigation into Dominion. The claims Sidney Powell are making are pretty serious. An investigation into the source code on those machines would put the Dominion issue to rest pretty quickly and not involve the SCOTUS.

You misspelled "baseless".

Any software involved in our elections should be open to routine audit. Is this seriously a partisan issue to you?

Side note, do you find it odd that Desantis cleaned up Broward county after 2016 which led to Trump dominating Florida in 2020? Every state has their Broward county.

PS, the "fixed it for you" is most effective when you modify the original post.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 12:31 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-22-2020, 12:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 12:15 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: You misspelled "baseless".

Any software involved in our elections should be open to routine audit. Is this seriously a partisan issue to you?

Side note, do you find it odd that Desantis cleaned up Broward county after 2016 which led to Trump dominating Florida in 2020? Every state has their Broward county.

PS, the "fixed it for you" is most effective when you modify the original post.

ABSOLUTELY!  Go check it out.  But making baseless claims without any proof that tears at the heart of the democratic process just to protect the fragile ego of the president is not only embarrassing, but dangerous.  If Powell has evidence, present it.  She hasn't done that; not in court or in public.  And THAT is shameful.

You have to be able to see that.  If you believe she has something because she says so, but has not presented ANY proof... you are clearly just being shepherded.

PS- Go look at my post again for the modification. Your cataracted eyes must have missed it the first time Old Timer.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-22-2020, 11:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 11:47 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Does it really matter what they want? At the end of the day, Americans need to trust the integrity of our election system. It's essentially the backbone of our entire democracy.  

IMO, there is a huge amount of effort being put forth by the Trump legal team for the sole intention of bringing attention to the issue.

It entirely matters what they want because they do not want to get involved unless overwhelming evidence is presented to hear a case. So far none has. Had the courts been wanting to get involved based on the scantest of evidence, that would be more alarming than election fraud. 

Just like getting to January 20th with two men claiming the right to take the oath of office would be a dangerous place, and is very much to be avoided.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-22-2020, 12:25 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 11:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It entirely matters what they want because they do not want to get involved unless overwhelming evidence is presented to hear a case. So far none has. Had the courts been wanting to get involved based on the scantest of evidence, that would be more alarming than election fraud. 

Just like getting to January 20th with two men claiming the right to take the oath of office would be a dangerous place, and is very much to be avoided.

[Image: 20181211-RVS-Hotels-19-Camera-Point-002-...1125%2C475]

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 12:53 PM by mikesez.)

(11-22-2020, 10:47 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 09:17 PM)mikesez Wrote: We've already seen this year that people can die during protests.
There don't have to be any tanks or bombers involved.  
Just idiots and firearms.
What if the police intervene on the "wrong" side?
Laugh if you want, this has happened in other countries. And here, as recently as the 1960s

People don't die during peaceful protests, people die during riots and violence.  Encouraging and inciting such behavior is characteristic of the left, not of the right.

Peaceful protests can become violent at any time for any reason.  And certainly both sides have violent idiots in their midst.  Heather Haier found that out.

But you're muddying the waters.  When a protester shouts a stupid motto like, "defund the police" what they're really saying is "the next time my city council meets to discuss the budget, I want the police funding drastically reduced or eliminated." Implicit in the protest is a recognition that the city council and the mayor are the legitimate temporal authorities in the place.

If protesters start to dispute about who the president is, that is a different level of danger.  It would be another league of stupidity compared to "defund the police".

And sane people should, as soon as possible, promise to not participate in such a thing. And after they promise, they should figure out what they should do if the current president attempts to persuade their neighbors to participate in such a thing. 

Whatever desk Trump is sitting in at 12:01 p.m. on January 20th, there will still be secret service around him. If he's still telling those secret service that he's President, then by definition he is a danger to the actual President. Something would have to be done. 

Military detention, followed by permanent exile to a country that actually wants his stupid [BLEEP], like Saudi Arabia or UAE, seems most appropriate to me, what about you?

(11-22-2020, 08:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 06:14 AM)Jag88 Wrote: President trump might not like the losing part of not getting a second term but did he really want to waste his "prime" being president for 4 more years? Now he gets to play golf and start a new network and still be super popular. He can be a king maker or run again in 2024

I hope he can put a positive spin on it, accept the truth, and get on with his life.  It would be for the best for everyone.  

What we need right now is for the people around him to grow a spine and stop enabling this fantasy that he actually won the election.

Thanks for bringing some sanity to this forum. Unfortunately, I am skeptical that this lunatic is capable of accepting the truth that he lost this election by more than six million votes. The saddest part of this is to see so few Republican leaders speak out about this. I guess we shouldn't be surprised as politicians are often lumped together with used-car salesmen in matters of character. I doubt we'd see a much different response from Democratic leaders "if the shoe were on the other foot." 

As far as the people who continue to support Trump on this forum and elsewhere, I can attribute this primarily to these factors:

1. They are incapable of admitting they are wrong. To make statements like, " I don't like his personality, but he's still a great president" is mind-boggling. It takes much more than boosting the stock market and trade relations to be considered great. The way he dealt with Covid automatically places him at the very bottom of presidential rankings. 

2. Somewhat related to number 1, the most ardent Trump supporters remain that way due to their true hatred of democrats. It kills them to see democrats gloating about Trump's humiliating defeat so they consider it somewhat of a betrayal to their party if they concede that this guy has done great harm to our country. One doesn't have to stop supporting the Republican party to reject Trump; thankfully enough voters did this on election day yet still voted for other Republicans on the ballot.

3. Finally, some who do things like go maskless at his rallies despite being at risk simply lack the intelligence to think for themselves. I feel sorry for this group of people because they simply don't know any better. Others in this maskless group are analogous to members of a cult. Their identity (sense of worth) is based on belonging to this group of followers and they'd never risk losing the approval of other followers and their leader, Donald Trump.

(11-22-2020, 01:09 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 08:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I hope he can put a positive spin on it, accept the truth, and get on with his life.  It would be for the best for everyone.  

What we need right now is for the people around him to grow a spine and stop enabling this fantasy that he actually won the election.

Thanks for bringing some sanity to this forum. Unfortunately, I am skeptical that this lunatic is capable of accepting the truth that he lost this election by more than six million votes. The saddest part of this is to see so few Republican leaders speak out about this. I guess we shouldn't be surprised as politicians are often lumped together with used-car salesmen in matters of character. I doubt we'd see a much different response from Democratic leaders "if the shoe were on the other foot." 

As far as the people who continue to support Trump on this forum and elsewhere, I can attribute this primarily to these factors:

1. They are incapable of admitting they are wrong. To make statements like, " I don't like his personality, but he's still a great president" is mind-boggling. It takes much more than boosting the stock market and trade relations to be considered great. The way he dealt with Covid automatically places him at the very bottom of presidential rankings. 

2. Somewhat related to number 1, the most ardent Trump supporters remain that way due to their true hatred of democrats. It kills them to see democrats gloating about Trump's humiliating defeat so they consider it somewhat of a betrayal to their party if they concede that this guy has done great harm to our country. One doesn't have to stop supporting the Republican party to reject Trump; thankfully enough voters did this on election day yet still voted for other Republicans on the ballot.

3. Finally, some who do things like go maskless at his rallies despite being at risk simply lack the intelligence to think for themselves. I feel sorry for this group of people because they simply don't know any better. Others in this maskless group are analogous to members of a cult. Their identity (sense of worth) is based on belonging to this group of followers and they'd never risk losing the approval of other followers and their leader, Donald Trump.

Excellent post.  Some related educational materials:

https://freedomofmind.com/how-to-rescue-...-approach/

1. Trump has not governed poorly from a conservative perspective. He has been a terrible representative with regards to the dignity of the office of the Presidency. The media has been equally reprehensible in their coverage of him. You can't fairly discuss the one without the other.

2. This is where I am, and not really with Democrats, but progressives. I don't care about the gloating as much as I care about their vision for the future.

3. Again, this is pretty common in American politics. The left was this way with Clinton and Obama. The right is that way with Bush and Reagan. Surprisingly, Bush Sr was an exception to this rule.

I expect Trump to walk away peacefully (not quietly), if his lawyers can't prove fraud. For all the talk, if there is nothing to show, they will do themselves irreparable harm, not just to their careers, but to DJT, also.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 02:43 PM by homebiscuit.)

(11-22-2020, 02:27 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I expect Trump to walk away peacefully (not quietly), if his lawyers can't prove fraud. For all the talk, if there is nothing to show, they will do themselves irreparable harm, not just to their careers, but to DJT, also.

Trump is using his platform to bring as much attention to the voting irregularities as possible. Once the GSA makes their proclamation, he'll start the transition.

(11-22-2020, 02:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 02:27 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I expect Trump to walk away peacefully (not quietly), if his lawyers can't prove fraud. For all the talk, if there is nothing to show, they will do themselves irreparable harm, not just to their careers, but to DJT, also.

Trump is using his platform to bring as much attention to the voting irregularities as possible. Once the GSA makes their proclamation, he'll start the transition.

What if Trump tells them not to proclaim anything, and they listen to Trump?

(11-22-2020, 03:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 02:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Trump is using his platform to bring as much attention to the voting irregularities as possible. Once the GSA makes their proclamation, he'll start the transition.

What if Trump tells them not to proclaim anything, and they listen to Trump?

What if he doesn't?

(11-22-2020, 03:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 03:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: What if Trump tells them not to proclaim anything, and they listen to Trump?

What if he doesn't?

Seems like he already did.
Let's hope he takes it back as soon as possible.
If he chooses to tell the GSA to do their job without political or personal interference, then we will have sanity, just like every presidential transition since 1800.
If he doesn't take it back, and he hasn't yet, we will be in completely uncharted waters.

(11-22-2020, 03:22 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 03:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What if he doesn't?

Seems like he already did.
If he chooses to tell the GSA to do their job without political or personal interference, then we will have sanity, just like every presidential transition since 1800.
If he doesn't take it back, and he hasn't yet, we will be in completely uncharted waters.

[Image: tedium060617.gif]

(11-22-2020, 02:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

That seems like a reach.

Trump is just throwing a tantrum and trying to milk his following for every last dime.

(11-22-2020, 03:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 02:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Trump is using his platform to bring as much attention to the voting irregularities as possible. Once the GSA makes their proclamation, he'll start the transition.
That seems like a reach.

Trump is just throwing a tantrum and trying to milk his following for every last dime.

You'll have to explain that one.

(11-22-2020, 03:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 03:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: That seems like a reach.

You'll have to explain that one.
You think all of this is because Trump is trying to show irregularities to help future voting? Trump won’t care at all about future elections once he’s out of office. He cares about himself (nothing wrong with that. Most people do) and he’s just upset he lost to “the worst candidate in history”.

If Trump had won by these narrow margins, would he still be looking into irregularities that may have led to him winning?

I think this is all for show and to show his cult like following that he’s still “fighting for them” as they give him more money.

(11-22-2020, 03:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 03:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: Seems like he already did.

[Image: tedium060617.gif]

I think you're the one grasping at straws. And so is Trump.