Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Jets thread

(12-20-2020, 08:50 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The Jets fans are dumping all over Jacksonville stating Trevor would rather live in NYC than a backwater. There's one important factor they are forgetting and accounts for the reason half of their population ends up living here:

No
State
Taxes

Jets fans can shove it for all I care.

It's just a way for them to vent out their frustrations for the upcoming 5-10 years of mediocrity.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 09:27 PM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

You are our Sunshine,
Our only Sunshine
You make us happy.
When skies are grey
You'll never know, dude,
How much we need you
Jets, don't take our Sunshine away!

I have to pose this question, because this would not be possible were it not for the Jets winning today.

If the Jets finish with the 2nd overall pick, what do you do at pick 2?

If I am the Jets, I take Penei Sewell and pair him with Becton, who was better than I expected him to be.

Darnold would then have two tackles lwell beyond what he had the first couple of years. His edge protection would be pretty good, and those two mammoth Ts would be huge for the running game.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-20-2020, 11:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I have to pose this question, because this would not be possible were it not for the Jets winning today.

If I am the Jets, I take Penei Sewell and pair him with Becton, who was better than I expected him to be.

Darnold would then have two tackles lwell beyond what he had the first couple of years.  His edge protection would be pretty good, and those two mammoth Ts would be huge for the running game.

If they LOVE Sewell, they have to take him, or Cincy will. If they don't, they can probably shop the pick to someone looking to jump ahead of Panthers/ATL to grab one of the remaining QB, or even squeeze a pick out of Cincy to avoid anyone jumping them for Sewell.

I think that may be the overlooked part of this - Cincy's hopes may have just been dashed just as much with that Jets win. If Sewell goes at 2, I expect them to be dealing pick 3.

(12-20-2020, 11:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I have to pose this question, because this would not be possible were it not for the Jets winning today.

Darnold would then have two tackles lwell beyond what he had the first couple of years.  His edge protection would be pretty good, and those two mammoth Ts would be huge for the running game.

This, undoubtedly. I posed this question to a friend of mine who is a Bengals fan. He kind of freaked out. He was assuming the Jets would take Lawrence, the Jags would take another QB and Sewell would be there for the Bengals free and clear. Now, that may not be the case. If the Jets take Sewell, I look for Darrisaw's stock to be skyrocketing. He could be in play at #3 or even WR Ja'Marr Chase, who the Bengals could use as a weapon for Joe Burrow.

(12-21-2020, 11:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

This, undoubtedly. I posed this question to a friend of mine who is a Bengals fan. He kind of freaked out. He was assuming the Jets would take Lawrence, the Jags would take another QB and Sewell would be there for the Bengals free and clear. Now, that may not be the case. If the Jets take Sewell, I look for Darrisaw's stock to be skyrocketing. He could be in play at #3 or even WR Ja'Marr Chase, who the Bengals could use as a weapon for Joe Burrow.

It would have to be Chase. Darrisaw ain't going number three
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(12-21-2020, 01:50 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 11:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This, undoubtedly. I posed this question to a friend of mine who is a Bengals fan. He kind of freaked out. He was assuming the Jets would take Lawrence, the Jags would take another QB and Sewell would be there for the Bengals free and clear. Now, that may not be the case. If the Jets take Sewell, I look for Darrisaw's stock to be skyrocketing. He could be in play at #3 or even WR Ja'Marr Chase, who the Bengals could use as a weapon for Joe Burrow.

It would have to be Chase. Darrisaw ain't going number three

He has the same blocking score that PFF awarded Penei Sewell in 2019. That was the highest they had given since 2014. This kid's stock is skyrocketing already. It seems as though he is the consensus #2 OT and those guys are highly coveted. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he went #3.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2020, 10:49 PM by JaG4LyFe.)

Reading the Jets' forum over the course of the past thirty minutes has been spine tingling, yet rewarding with all things consider. Here's a couple nuggets:

"Anyone saying they are done as a Jet fan is a [BLEEP] [BLEEP]. No one gives a [BLEEP] if youre done. And some of you havent even been fans that long comparitively speaking. Im 40 years in.....nothing but aggravation experienced but what am I gonna do? Root for the Bills? The Giants? Not watch football and go shopping with my wife on weekends. [BLEEP] off. Youre all *** [BLEEP] saying youre done......I assume youve disabled your TGG accounts by now so you wont be able to read this right? sure"

"Do some research as to how the city of JAX is acting right now including the mayor--if that team wins a game in the next 2 weeks they're going to get strung up. TL is worth a billion dollars to that economy. They have the right perspective."

Some other guy said he visited our board and expected excitement, only to find it lifeless. Well, I'm smiling ear to ear mother [BLEEP]>>>>>>>>>>>>
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Have a Jets fan at work with me. He said "Congrats on #1 but I wanted Fields anyway"

To which the only reply is "cool story bro"

(12-22-2020, 01:20 PM)Kane Wrote: Have a Jets fan at work with me. He said "Congrats on #1 but I wanted Fields anyway"

Lol

(12-22-2020, 01:20 PM)Kane Wrote: Have a Jets fan at work with me. He said "Congrats on #1 but I wanted Fields anyway"

Everybody is happy then. Merry Christmas! LOL.

Jets about to win #2. Entire browns WR isnt playing.

(12-26-2020, 06:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Jets about to win #2. Entire browns WR isnt playing.

I hope like hell you are right.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'm in the finals in FF. Should I start Mayfield, Goff, or Tua?

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2020, 08:05 PM by mal234.)

(12-26-2020, 06:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Jets about to win #2. Entire browns WR isnt playing.

I did see that a lot of the Browns receivers including Jarvis Landry and Rashard Higgins and Donovan-Peebles Jones have been put on the COVID-19/Reserve List. All of these receivers have made significant impact for the Browns this season. Including their past few games. Both Higgins and Donovan Peebles Jones in particular have been impressive. Baker and these WR's on this list have been in the zone lately. This could definitely impact the Jets game. Though, they still have Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt and a very effective running game. I could see them giving them both a big workload tomorrow. Kareem is also good at catching the ball, so maybe they will use him in the pass game as well. It will be interesting to see how that game turns out.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2020, 08:12 PM by mal234.)

(12-26-2020, 07:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm in the finals in FF.  Should I start Mayfield, Goff, or Tua?

Hmm... I'm not sure, lol. If the Browns WR's were healthy I would say Baker who has been on a roll lately. Though, I think with many of his top WR's out, the Browns will rely heavily on their run game tomorrow. Tua plays against the Dolphins tonight and Goff plays against the Broncos tomorrow. Maybe Tua has a nice game tonight and Goff could have one tomorrow, though I will note he hasn't been playing very well lately and hasn't scored many TD's in his past few games.

I put Goff in. I had Mayfield in until I seen all their WRs are out

Jets up 13-3

This Jets team is better than most think

Jets up 20-3